Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | FT-1907R Help

Reviews Summary for FT-1907R
FT-1907R Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $220
Description: Yaesu 50W UHF Mobile Radio 420-470Mhz

You can write your own review of the FT-1907R.

G8UBJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2012 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Fully featured on a budget  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently started looking for a UHF transceiver for the shack. I know there are plenty of multi band models but I run separate antennas for each band & I really wanted something I could leave running.

I thought Alinco were about the only company left selling single band UHF transceivers until I discovered the FT-1907R. Its very similar to the FT-1900 2M transceiver from Yaesu.

Initial testing showed that it did provide 55 watts output as specified and on the air was reasonably sensitive.

Transmit and receive runs from 400 - 470 Mhz continuous.

At the heart of the The PA stage is Mitsubishi RF Mosfet module capable of 60 watts

I found that like the FT-1900 this gets quite warm during extended transmit so I will fit a small fan if I need to run it on high power regularly

As its a UHF rig an N-type connector would have been a nice addition. This was quickly fixed.

The rig comes with the usual Yaesu accessories (Even the sticky Yaesu label). I found the user guide listed on the Yaesu Russian site but strangely its only mention is on a brochure where it says Asian market only?

I'm not sure why its not more widely available; maybe its early days. Either way its inexpensive, fun to use and very compact.