Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | PAR Electronics VHFBP(116-137)HT Scanner-Bandpass Filter Help

Reviews Summary for PAR Electronics VHFBP(116-137)HT Scanner-Bandpass Filter
PAR Electronics VHFBP(116-137)HT Scanner-Bandpass Filter Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: "The VHFBP(116-134)HT is designed to pass the aero band while attenuating the commercial FM broadcast band, VHFLO TV and lower frequencies right down to DC.

On the upper end of the passband, the filter offers significant attenuation of the 2M amateur band, pagers, 2 way radio, NOAA weather, VHF and UHF digital television and all other transmitters up through 1GHz."
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/scanner-bandpass.php

You can write your own review of the PAR Electronics VHFBP(116-137)HT Scanner-Bandpass Filter.

WB4DIN Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Wish I had this earlier!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a pleasure it is to listen to my aircraft band frequencies without that annoying broadcast band music being part of every transmissionís background. The quick response to my inquiries and the speed with which the order was shipped was very much appreciated. And once I received the filter I really appreciated the quality and craftsmanship of its design and manufacture. I was actually considering an expensive aviation band only receiver hoping it would have better out of band rejection than my generic scanner. This filter saved me many dollars by making the new scanner not necessary!

VK2FUNK Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2012 04:27 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I required a filter for use with a Software Defined Radio, which has a very sensitive un-filtered frontend (it is easily overloaded by strong out-of-band transmitters).

Without any filtering, the SDR could barely pick up any transmissions in the airband range - the noise floor was far too high (due to intermodulation).

After applying this filter, the noise floor dropped significantly - much more than I expected, so I was incredibly pleased. Although I didn't make precise measurements in anticipation for a such a review, it brought about a serious improvement. It has effectively removed all the intermod and enabled reception of distant transmissions.