Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | Fritzel FB33 Help

Reviews Summary for Fritzel FB33
Fritzel FB33 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $660
Description: 3 elt. 3 bnd beam with traps
More info: http://www.classicint.nl/textdui/dhfbeam.htm

You can write your own review of the Fritzel FB33.

OE5CSP Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2006 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Very nice antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was very lucky to get this beam for 100 Euro.It was about 10 years old when I bought it and it replaced the Cushcraft A3S. I canīt tell which one is better-I think they are about the same, but I prefer the Fritzel beam.Please note, that the Cushraft was about 20 years old and in a worse condition than the FB33.The FB33 has got a much larger bandwidth and even after 10 years this beam works without any problem.Assembling is much easier, because the holes are drilled and everything is fixed with screws.Most of the time I donīt need a tuner, SWR is fine. Rain and snow does not affect the SWR .The balun and all traps are still ok after all these years.I normally donīt give a 5, but Iīm very satisfied with this beam.

SM5SRR Rating: 4/5 May 7, 2006 23:25 Send this review to a friend
Well built FB 53  Time owned: more than 12 months
Received this antenna from a ham who had had it up for over 20 years. The antenna is solidly built and does a good job. Be carefull with power over 500 Watt as the traps tend to blow. (The previous owner blew a few running 1 KW.) For me, 100 W does the job as the antenna sits at 30 meters (102 ft). It has been through some very rough storms at my location without any problems. For an antenna which has been in operation for close to 30 years, the wear and tear is negligible; proof of good workmanship.

PA9DX Rating: 1/5 Jun 1, 2004 05:46 Send this review to a friend
Poor antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a FB53 14 years ago. I had it in the air (24 m)for only 1 year and lost the beam in a storm. Till then I was quite happy with the beam.

Then I bought a KLM KT34A this is a 4 elements tribander (now it is M2) this antena is better build than the fritzel. The gain was better swr was better too.

So I would advise buy a M2 or Fluid motion Steppir.

N7QF Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2000 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Typical German craftmanship.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have experience with both the FB-33 & FB-53 from back in the 70's & 80's while living in Northern Germany. The arrays are built extremely well and perform nicely. The 33 is a 3 element tribander and the 53 is a 5 element. The Fritzel company is good to deal with and have many other fine antenna products such as verticals, wire antennas, baluns, and a really wonderful antenna wire which is multistranded flexible Cu wire with a nice flexible uv resistant PVC coating. This wire is a wire antenna guys dream. I used it on quads overe there and it was wonderful.

PA5MW Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2000 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Fritzel FB53  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought a used 5 el tribander, Fritzel FB53, which was up in the air for over 10 years and not being used anymore. Took me some 4 weeks to clean all aluminum and traps(inside too). Very rigid stuff! All high Quality 2mm thick wall alu. Only bought some new stainless bolts etc. to re-assemble this monster. I took out the original tiny voltage balun and installed a home made current balun. This antenna works like a killer for me. Can hear things like never before. I have had 4 other HF yagi's from 3 different brands before, but this is tops in build quality. Never mind about the floppy balun. ' 73 Mark, PA5MW

ON4BCJ Rating: 4/5 Aug 4, 2000 07:54 Send this review to a friend
tribander  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I purchased it, it seemed that most of the hams around here had one.
It's in use for about 3 years now and the only problem I had was with the optional Fritzel balun that got full of water about a year ago.
Specs given by the manufacturer seem a litle exagerated though.