Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Yaesu FT-207R HT Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-207R HT
Yaesu FT-207R HT Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$329.00
Description: 2m, Yaesu Handy Talkie. 2.5w on Hi, .300mw on low. 4 Memories, LED (4digit) display, repeater offset, but no tone encoder. Tone encoder option was a FTS-32E Sub Audible tone encoder.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-207R HT.

W0EAJ Rating: 4/5 Feb 7, 2016 15:25 Send this review to a friend
reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Back in '85-'87, I was a traveling TechRep in the Colorado mountains (appox 1/2 the state). I ran a 207R into an AntSpec. 5/8 wave antenna, and powered it from 5 12v/7ah batteries in parallel. There was hardly a place where I couldn't raise a repeater with the 7.5w ERP, and it never missed a beat (I used the optional spkr/mic); just bought one at a hamfest for 3 bux, and it's just fun to play with again.

ZS1SA Rating: 4/5 Nov 1, 2015 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Ahead of it's time  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased one of these bricks in 1978 and at that time it was far ahead of the average hamheld radio. Almost everyone was using crystal controlled Wilsons or VHF Engineering radios including a few of the shoulder carry Trio rigs. This radio was front panel controlled, had a red LED digital frequency display, could scan the 2 meter band and was tiny by 1970's standards. It is primitive in comparison to the hand held radios of today but back then it was pure WOW.

KD5SPJ Rating: 4/5 Feb 3, 2012 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Great sounding unit.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got two of these great old HT's. They both work, although I need new batteries for both. They only work simplex without the aftermarket tone encoder board I listed in the description of this unit, which I am in need of if anyone has a couple they wish to part with! I do love these HTs even though they are old and wonky by today's standards. GREAT sound, look super neat, and work wonderfully. I would have given them a 5 if they had the encoder standard or as an installed option.