Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | PicoKeyer Plus from N0XAS Help

Reviews Summary for PicoKeyer Plus from N0XAS
PicoKeyer Plus from N0XAS Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $17.99
Description: The PicoKeyer Plus has all of the features of the original low-power PicoKeyer, however, the speed pot and push button switch controls are now mounted on the circuit board. Voltage regulator components and board solder pads are provided for external power so you can choose to build it without the on-board battery. A custom plastic enclosure is also offered for that finished project look.
More info: http://www.hamgadgets.com

You can write your own review of the PicoKeyer Plus from N0XAS.

WB3GCK Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2014 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Little Keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a keyer to use as part of the portable QRP set up I use in the field and on the trails. I wanted something that was very light with a small form factor. I also wanted a keyer with at least 4 memories that I could trigger with one hand. The PicoKeyer Plus met my requirements and then some. It took me about 25 minutes to populate the board (my eyes aren't what they used to be). Ten minutes after that, it was in the case, connected to my radio and on the air. You can't beat this little keyer for the money!

CE3DNP Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2014 20:01 Send this review to a friend
The best keyer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lastly it's keying a beacon in 40M, 7039MHz. Transmitter from Vectronics, VEC-1240K, 1 W CW

PicoKeyerPlus was before keying another qrp-kit from EtherKit, but this last one, running 300mWatts, never do not work very well.

KE5LZL Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2014 11:58 Send this review to a friend
good features  Time owned: more than 12 months
I decided to add an external AA battery supply with switch built in. Then I added a stereo plug, by undoing the miniature speaker that came with it, and built it into the case. One thing I had to do, was Enable the side tone feature in it so you can hear the QSO. Other than that, set all other settings, so that I was happy the way I needed to work with.
I do plan on getting another one for my other QRP stations.
I recommend the Pico Keyer.

KK4VAU Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2014 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Easy assembly, great features.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This kit was my first soldering on a PCB. It's a great place to start. The instructions are accurate and accompanied by closeup pictures. The kit was shipped complete and well packaged. I assembled it in about an hour, but someone with experience could do it much quicker. It was able to get it right with no problems. When I inserted the battery and heard "73", I was so pleased and relieved.

The keyer works very well. I'm using it as a practice oscillator with my homemade paddle and also to key my old boat-anchor rig which has no keyer built-in.

Fantastic kit and finished product!

NJ2X Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2013 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
N0XAS has made a wonderful product with his PicoKeyer Plus. Fun to make, modify, and use. Highly recommended.

AD0EF Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2013 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Great for use as a practice oscillator  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted an inexpensive way to practice CW with a single lever paddle. This kit looked like a good solution.

I am not an experienced kit builder, but the kit went together easily (even with my rudimentary soldering skills ), and when I inserted the battery, it signaled that all was well. With its optional case, it is compact and attractive.

Although my XYL can hear the keyer's little speaker very well, I cannot.

In another forum, Dale, the PicoKeyer designer, suggested an easy solution: "Get a cheap amplified PC speaker, and run the input to pads 1 (ground) & 3 (audio) under the battery holder on the PicoKeyer-Plus board. You may want to use a series capacitor, say 4.7 to 10 uF or so." Suitable amplified speakers can be had for a couple of bucks at yard sales, thrift shops, or even on line.

I simply ran a cable from the PicoKeyer to an auxiliary input on my computer's amplified speakers. Now, my practicing can be loud enough to annoy the next door neighbors :-)

I may eventually put the keyer to work with a radio, but for now it is a great practice oscillator.

CE3DNP Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2013 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excelente  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Usando el PicoKeyer Plus en modo beacon, 5 watts cada 15 segundos, 7040.
Muy fácil de armar y ajustar los mensajes y los tiempos.
Excelente ayuda proveniente de la tecnología actual.

N6CIC Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2013 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Worked First Time!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a fantastic little keyer at a very reasonable price. It took me about an hour to build the kit with very clear directions downloaded from the N0XAS website. As soon as I inserted the lithium battery the unit came alive and I heard 73s in code indicated I had constructed it correctly. I then hooked it up to my TS-450SAT and it keyed the transceiver perfectly. It took about 30 minutes for me to get used to programming the various features, but then it became easy. Highly recommended!

KB2CBQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2013 16:32 Send this review to a friend
What a SUPER little kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very reasonably priced kit with many features. I home brewed a keyer many moons ago and as soon as I completed this kit, it was on the air. The old unit, which was 4 times larger and only provided dit and dah went onto the "excess equipment" shelf! The kit and the instruction sheet were extremely explicit and the unit was completed and being tested within about an hour from receiving it. I have built other kits, some from scratch, but this is the absolute FIRST kit or project that I completed that worked immediately! This is worth every penny paid for the kit and in my mind the value is much more! I camp a lot and the smaller the necessary parts for mobil operation on qrp the better for me.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2013 20:19 Send this review to a friend
Great little keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am impressed. This is a great keyer that has 95% of the functionality of my treasured LogiKeyer K-5. I'm using it with a Yaesu FT-817 and it appears as if it was designed for it. The K-5 is a truly great keyer, but is a bit too large to make a neat package for the 817 in portable use. The PicoKeyer is perfect. Great product, great service, fun to assemble, incredible bargain at the price. Be sure to get the enclosure. Well worth the money.

And cute to boot!