Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Vine Productions LTD. GW3YDX 6 meter SuperMoxon Help

Reviews Summary for Vine Productions LTD. GW3YDX 6 meter SuperMoxon
 Vine Productions LTD. GW3YDX  6 meter SuperMoxon Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$227.50 with choke balun
Description: This is a 6 meter 4 element beam with folded by elements. It is 85 inches wide at its widest point and the boom is about 78 inches long. It has a gain of 9.02 dbi and front to back ratio of around 29 db. Light weight beam can be turned easily with a light duty rotor. Easy assembly with measurements in metric.

You can write your own review of the Vine Productions LTD. GW3YDX 6 meter SuperMoxon.

KI5SO Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2012 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this beam after much study. It is made in the U.K. I had heard of moxon antennas but not SuperMoxon. This is has 4 elements folded back and insulated from the element behind it or in front of it by fiberglass spreaders. It is advertised as having the highest gain in the smallest turning radius. I believe it! I have routinely talked about 175 miles at night to a station in Lexington, TN. Loud signal reports to net control 90 miles up the road near Decateur, AL. Last night, a station putting almost 9 s- units on me just disappeared when I turn to the side of him. When compared to an extended double zep, that is 12 feet higher than this beam, the signal is almost double; that's right, double the signal of the zep styled dipole. Much more than what one would figure on paper. Ron, GW3YDX, talked with me on the phone and via e-mail and was most helpful in the ordering process and answering questions. The beam may sound too good to be true but it is true. I have it installed at 23 feet just below a 4 element flat side Arrow 2 meter beam and turning both on a 4 foot length of pipe with an AntennaCraft TDP-2 rotator. The configuration truly looks like a set of TV antennas on a pushup pole. I am wowed by this set up. Shipping cost is expensive, but I have no reqrets. The company also makes one of these for 2 meters and 10 meters. If you lack room for a full sized 4 element, this is the way to go. If I were buying a full sized 4 element beam, I guess I'd go with a 5 element Diamond. If you never tried a beam on 6 meters, believe me, it's another world. Stop wading in the river and get your body wet. You won't turn back to a dipole.