Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-25A Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-25A
ICOM IC-25A Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $349.00
Description: 2 meter mobile FM transceiver
More info: http://www.qsl.net/sm7vhs/radio/icom/ic25/ic25.htm

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-25A.

KG4CPH Rating: 4/5 Jan 31, 2001 23:56 Send this review to a friend
Good Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owend a IC25a for about 1 Year. I got it used from a friend and it works great.At 25 watts it gets out and sounds as good if not better than myIC2100H. I do like the 2100 a lot but that older 25a does a great job. My son got his ticket last summer and I loaned him the 25a. Have not seen him in a long time but I do miss that RADIO.

KG5BV Rating: 0/5 Aug 4, 2000 10:56 Send this review to a friend
What a dud!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it in '83, first VHF rig. Used it as a base rig with a power supply. Was transmitting one night, when I noticed the power out was ZERO. Sent in for repair. One month and $85.00 later, got it back. Then installed it in my truck. One day while receiving, audio went DEAD. One month and $ 120.00 later, got it back again. Then one day on the commute home, everything (except the LED display) went DEAD. Chunked it into the junk box and bought a Kenwood TM-something or other. Never had a problem with the Kenwood.
I have owned three Icom rigs, an IC-737 (great!), an IC-725 (not too good) and the IC-25A (I gave it to a friend of mine, and I think he finally used it for parts). Still like Icom, just a bad rig.