Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | TYT TH-9000 220MHz Mobile Help

Reviews Summary for TYT TH-9000 220MHz Mobile

Keypad lock function
Contact book

Battery voltage display
DTMF /2 tone/5 tone

Remote kill/ stun/ activate/ revive

EmergenCy alarm

Voice prompt
Time-out Timer

Auto Power off
VFO step setting:5/6.25/10/12.5/20/25/50kHz

You can write your own review of the TYT TH-9000 220MHz Mobile.

KD2T Rating: 0/5 Nov 18, 2015 06:39 Send this review to a friend
Offset issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just about the worse radio money can buy. Bought 2 of them, 220 and 2M from Amazon and both will not hold the repeater offset. Program it with the proper offset and shut the rig off and it adds a "0" to the offset number. So on 220 instead of 1600 you get 16000 after you shut it off. Also the 2M rig had a bad mic.
Anyone else have those problems?
They have no service,no help,save yourself a lot of aggravation.
To boot, trying to send them back to Hong Kong is a nightmare with little to no help from Amazon.
WB2JOB Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2015 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Little radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the TYT 9000d 220 radio a week go, very easy to program, had 6 of the 220 repeaters in my area up and running within of 15 minutes of reading the manual.
Much better manual then other Chinese manual I seen and read.
So far all reports have give me a great single report, output power set a 25 watts and bird meter say it's at 23.5 watts.
So far nothing to complain about.
NN4E Rating: 2/5 Sep 2, 2015 19:17 Send this review to a friend
cuts out on RX and TX   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I picked this up used, New in box" several people I know have these and some experience the receive cutting out. Mince cuts out every few minutes, just long enough to be annoying and miss part of something. Unplugging the microphone as I've heard it is a mic problem does nothing to help.
VA3WV Rating: 0/5 Jul 11, 2015 17:29 Send this review to a friend
junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This came with a Chinese manual and programming software. I then had to download a photo copy of the English instructions which are as useless as the Chinese. So now it isn't programmable it's stuck with a minus offset yet won't transit the - offset, it won't restore it's self because the instruction are wrong. IT'S JUNK and going back to China. STAY away from these radios they are a huge was of time and completely frustrating! DO not waste your time, because that's what I'm doing right now and not very happy after I spent time and money to get on 220. I've had it 2 days and spent oh 10 hours of nothing but frustration on it.
K4HYJ Rating: 4/5 Mar 22, 2015 12:37 Send this review to a friend
So fas so good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Performs OK - on some TX frequencies the output is slightly off according to test equipment, but not enough to cause distorted audio.

It is very difficult to program manually. The software and programming cable are a must!

The mic connector had problems after about 2 weeks use in the shack, but radio mart replaced it quickly. It gets unusually hot running 5 watts compared to a Kenwood and Yaesu mobile I also have running in my shack - so we will see on its longevity.
K2YYN Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2015 15:58 Send this review to a friend
2 Years Going Strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
Happy 2015 readers!

OK, Going on to the two year mark, I Have all three flavors of this radio (2meters, 1/1/4 Meters and 70 Centimeters)in the mobile. All are working quite well on both amateur and commercial frequencies. Also have used at the Hi Power TX option of 50w at times with out incident. However, my normal daily operations I use medium TX power approx.. 25 W.

All the radios were programmed with software and cover most of the areas where I travel and set my frequencies and channels. For out of the area operations I have other radios that I can on the fly program.

Conclusion, an inexpensive little mobile work horse.

Thanks for reading!

Ken / K2YYN
WA1RKS Rating: 4/5 Aug 6, 2014 08:51 Send this review to a friend
Worth the Money so far.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
No serious complaints, most so far relate to misconceptions in the manual. No clear instructions all the time. and some misleading. Only failure so far was in cloning, I have over 100 memories stored (did this manually by the way) and followed the instructions according to the book and it did not work. nothing happened. both rigs just sat there. used homebrew cable. with proper connectors swapped connections to see if that changed (read write lines etc. ) made no difference. anyone that was successful please post your settings etc. and sequences of them it would be very helpful to us all.
W4KQB Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Not bad for China  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had now about 2 months-paid 150$ and had in my hand in 5 days. Have all good reports on audio. No glitter or anything , but, for what I needed for a mono band and not costing a bunch, works out just fine.

Good audio reports and using in the mobile, all is working fine , only wish it had a detachable control head. Would recommend to others.
K2YYN Rating: 4/5 Apr 23, 2014 18:10 Send this review to a friend
TYT 9000 Report, almost a Year Later  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well it was abouth this time last year or almost a full year since I obtained the 220 MHz and 440MHz flavors of this TYT 9000 radio and so far so good, especially after surviving one of the worst winters in my area during my life time of about sixty years on this planet. It was very cold (-8 F) at times and damp, lots of snow and ice outside. But the radios did well in the vehicle operation wise no matter what the weather conditions were outside.

I thought I may have had a problem with the 220MHz receive. While monitoring my local 220MHz repeater a 2nd local 220MHz repeater’s signal was overloading the front end of the radio even when there was no signal present on my local repeater. I noticed this more so when the outside temperature was in the teens or lower and the radio was cold upon start up. However, when outside temperatures got warmer or when the car interior and the radio warmed up the receiver over loadings was less noticeable. Then it occurred to me, this only happened when I was within a mile and a half of the 2nd repeater (LOS). Most 220 MHz repeaters in my area are 25 to 50 watts output to their antennas. As I found out from the owner of the 2nd 220MHz repeater, this repeater is putting out to the antenna 160 watts to a high gain Super Station Master repeater antenna! No wonder the front end receiver was over loaded. Since then and in all my travels, including high RF areas I have not encountered this situation again in any other area on either the 220MHz or 440 MHz TYT 9000 radios. I digress…

So far the 220MHz and 440MHz are working quite well. I have a couple of UHF business frequencies that I am authorized to use, at the radio works well on these also.

So as I approach the one year mark of owner ship. I hope now to obtain the VHF (2 meter) version. I planning to use this radio with authorization of course, for Emergency Management and CERT channels in PW & IG Business Pool – Conventional – with all being narrow band Part 90 compliant.

I’ll post a comment on the TYT VHF radio after I break it in.

I would also like see others post here their own experiences with these TYT 9000 radios especially, if the radios are being used for Part 90 communications in Land Mobile, Industrial Business & Public Safety radio services.

Thanks for reading.

W8STU Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2013 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Great radio for the price!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received this transceiver in the mail yesterday. I bought it direct from Advance Specialties Inc. Very fast shipping. I would highly recommend them.

I had my TYT TH-9000 up and running in ten minutes. Very easy to program. The manual is not the best, but I was able to figure it out with no problems. I have not got into all of the menus, but I was able to program the the transceiver without the included software and programming cable. Over all I am very pleased with the radio and would recommend it to anyone on a budget like I am. I only paid $173.00 shipped to my door. For the price and ease of programming I would highly recommend this transceiver. 73, Stu de W8STU