Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Yaesu CD-41 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu CD-41
Yaesu CD-41 Reviews: 9 Average rating: 1.1/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: BLUETOOTH HEADSET CHARGER CRADLE

You can write your own review of the Yaesu CD-41.

AD7Z Rating: 0/5 Jul 21, 2017 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Bad Decision  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received the Yaesu CD-41 quick charger from DX Engineering, opened the box, connected the power supply, and it is dead on arrival. I will be sending the unit back to DXE for credit. I should have looked here first before buying. Next time I will.

14FRS1548 Rating: 1/5 May 10, 2016 23:05 Send this review to a friend
Green Led fault after 5.5 months  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As other comments describe, since this morning i have the fault and no more charge :-(
I will check with my reseller because this unit is still under warranty.
I don't understand how Yaesu could still sell this poor product...

N1HQ Rating: 0/5 Feb 21, 2016 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Quit working in two days  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Used unit for one charge and then it quit working. The green LED stays on and says battery is full and will not charge the battery.

AE7RZ Rating: 0/5 Dec 17, 2015 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Wasted $  Time owned: more than 12 months
Stupid me went and purchased another one in the hopes Yaesu had improved the quality. Of course this one lasted 13 months before failing to green light mode. Too bad because it was very useful. I am not willing to buy any more.
Yaesu really needs to address this issue.
This deserves a negative 5 rating. (-5)

WB5RUE Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2015 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Nice piece of equipment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Has worked flawlessly since I purchased it. I have seen reviews where it gets stuck in fully charged mode where the green light stays on and it won't charge. I have noticed that sometimes the green light will stay on if you have the HT (FT-1DR) is on the cradle when I apply power to the charger. Simply reseating the HT puts it in charge mode.

2E0YZF Rating: 0/5 Jul 15, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Very Poor Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted a drop in style charger for my FT1D as opposed to regularly opening the water resistant seal on the charging port.

The charger was perfect, then after using it about 5 times it developed the fault with the greeen light permanently on and no longer charging the battery.

KD0KBS Rating: 2/5 Oct 7, 2013 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Great while it lasted.   Time owned: more than 12 months
Worked great for almost a year. Now I have the same problem others have mentioned. Green LED on all the time, will not enter charging cycle. Using the wall charger directly in the vx-8r now, don't want to buy another and have the same thing happen again later.

KJ4RME Rating: 0/5 Jun 23, 2012 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Worked for 6 months   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This unit stopped functioning after 6 months and only a handful of charges. The issue is the Green FULL light stays on and it wont enter the chrage cycle.

I have an email out to yaesu to see how they respond to getting it fixed.

AE7RZ Rating: 2/5 Feb 16, 2012 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Quality dissappointment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned the drop in charger for 7 months. For 6 months it was the best thing I could've bought for the convenience. After 6 months the charger does not work anymore. The green LED which is supposed to indicate full charge is now constantly on. This means the charger will not charge. Yaesu says it is cheaper to buy another one than it will be to repair. I will go back to charging my VX-8GR via the ext charging jack. I do not want to buy one every six months.
This WAS a good convenience while it worked. I would've liked it to be a smart charger. It is not. It is only a rapid charger.
This is why I gave it a 2