Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | Pastime Projects 6V6 One tube transmitter kit Help

Reviews Summary for Pastime Projects 6V6 One tube transmitter kit
Pastime Projects 6V6 One tube transmitter kit Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $55.00 shipping is extra
Description: This is a carefully planned and designed replica of a late 1940's design code (CW) 'home brew' transmitter. This kit includes Amish prepared oak slats and end blocks. You assemble with supplied instructions and brass plated flat head screws. The kit includes terminal strips, solder lugs, tube sockets, wire, newly manufactured variable capacitor, resistors and tested NOS or imported 6V6 or 6L6 vacuum tube, and a very detailed step by step manual. Will operate on 80 or 40 meters by changing the hand wound coils. Uses FT 243 type crystals. 2 to 10 watts out depending on the power supply.
More info: http://www.pastimeprojects.com/transmitterkits.html

You can write your own review of the Pastime Projects 6V6 One tube transmitter kit.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 15:33 Send this review to a friend
A trip back in time  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My first venture into hollow state radio. I ordered both the power supply and the transmitter. The PS build was straight forward and delivers 200 V. The transmitter, once built, gives me about 2 watts and very minimal, if any, chirp. An easy kit to build but quite different from what I'd done in the past: big fat wire. Solder terminals. Tubes. Large resistors and caps. Drilling holes in wood. It was the 50's all over again!!

Once operational I find that if I use good older crystals (I acquired 7 over time and only three are stable enough) and carefully tune the variable cap I can get a good CW note. However the slightest variation can result in considerable chirp, so take care. All in all a very fun experience!

HB9OBZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2012 01:33 Send this review to a friend
GREAT AND HIGH QUALITY KIT. ENJOYMENT ASSURED  Time owned: more than 12 months
MY ACTUAL CALLSIGN IS HB9DTA AND I PURCHASED THIS FANTASTIC KIT A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. GLENN IS A FANTASTIC PERSON, ALWAYS AT YOUR DISPOSAL FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS. I WAS LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TUBE, EASY TO BILD AND PROVIDING ENOUGH POWER TO BE ABLE TO MAKE "REAL CONTACTS". IF THESE ARE YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THIS IS THE KIT FOR YOU !!! I BUILT IT IN ABOUT A COUPLE OF EVENINGS. GLENN IS OFFERING ALSO THE MATCHING POWER SUPPLY KIT BUT I HOMEMADE IT FOLLOWING A PROVEN SCHEMATIC I HAD AND IT USES A 6X5G RECTIFIER TUBE ON A SIMILAR WOODEN FRAME SINCE I HAD ALL THE PARTS ALREADY ON HAND. I USE THIS AWESOME TX COUPLED TO MY KENWOOD TS-520S VIA AN OLD TUBE T-R SWITCH AND I GET FB REPORTS ON 80M (3.560 MHZ) HERE IN EU COUPLED TO MY 131 FEET LONG LW ANTENNA. THANKS TO GLENN TO PROPOSE THESE KITS TO THE HAMS THAT LIKE THE THINGS OF A BYGONE ERA. BUILD IT AND YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED !!! 73'S DE ALEX HB9DTA/QRP

K9DP Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2012 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Nice and easy to work with for ops with the big fingers!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Went together nice and is very straight forward with good directions. Glenn Brown the proprietor is very helpful along the way and available. Works good too. No chirpy reports and since it is xtal controlled no drift after warm up.