Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Creative Gigaworks T40-2 T20-2 Help

Reviews Summary for Creative Gigaworks T40-2 T20-2
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $$100
Description: Computer amplified speakers suitable for Flexradio, PC Radio
More info: http://www.creative.com/products/speakers/

You can write your own review of the Creative Gigaworks T40-2 T20-2.

QRPNEW Rating: 0/5 Feb 25, 2012 03:09 Send this review to a friend
Jammer Dont Buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I read about these speakers on the Flexradio reflector. These speakers get pretty good reviews in PC magazine reviews for having good quality without excessive bass.

I bought both models to try, the T40 and T20. The speakers work as advertised and are RFI free. What is shocking is the horrible switch mode power supply which emits terrible noise. I can see it on my SDR radios from 3 to 10 mhz. It generates very high white noise which wipes out most of the low frequency bands. It has all the EMC ticks and FCC approvals ETC however its the worst switchmode I have owned in my shack. Yes they are all noisy, but these speakers power supplies are really HF jammers. I am shocked that so many on the Flex reflector recommend when they have such shocking HF noise. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, the EMC sticks must be a fraud!