Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | WaveNode WN-2d Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for WaveNode WN-2d Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter
WaveNode WN-2d  Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$450.00
Description: WaveNode provides sensibly priced RF Wattmeter and Monitoring equipment for Amateur Radio, agency, and Emergency Communications. Coax sensors from 30 KHz to 1.3GHz are available for every application, and four sensors can be monitored on the LCD display. Connection via USB to a PC allows simultaneous viewing of the four sensors. The RF modulation at the sensors is digitized, and can be analyzed realtime with digital scope and spectrum analyser software provided.
More info: http://www.wavenode.com

You can write your own review of the WaveNode WN-2d Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter.

WA4SCA Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2017 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Easy setup, great support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My trusty conventional SWR meter, used for 30+ years, finally died. After research and recommendations, I purchased a WN-2d with four sensors for use on: HF, 2m, 70 cm, and 24 cm. Each checks well within specifications compared with a Bird. The software is easily configured, and can be minimized to a small bar for normal operations. The use of a computer interface is optional but convenient since the unit has an excellent, readable display. Definitely qualifies as a "bucket list" checkoff for monitoring your signal and antenna system. I have not needed support in the sense of a problem, but I have had a couple of questions which were answered quickly, in detail, and clearly.

W8PWU Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2015 07:25 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
ALAN PROVIDED ME HELP IN SETTING UP THE METER, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HIGHLY. GOOD WATT METER AND GREAT COMPANY SUPPORT

VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2015 22:23 Send this review to a friend
Solid product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the WAVENODE WN-2D for some time now, a couple of years at least, great gadget, Rotator control, multiple sensors, makes for a very handy shack addition, the supplied Software is stable and accurate, excellent support as well,
all in all, Excellent Job, it replaced a MACAW & a AKIGAWA Auto, sure freed up some room.
Cheers
Dennis vk4sx

VE2XX Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought WN2d plus several 2kw sensors, hf & 6, 2, 220, 432, 1296
for my vhf contest station, most of the ones I bought have RF view ( a rf tap in the -40db range) which I can use with a spec an , freq meter, or Anan psdr Pure Signal .
Their product line extends from qrp to very high power sensors for those QRO stations The beauty of these units they will read any power level from abt 1w to 2kw without having to do a thing.I am now able to read transverter power, driver power or final PA power with the same sensor.
I have to say Alan at Wavenode has given me top notch customer service. I asked him many questions plus dozens of emails he was always been there for me. I looked at many different vendors of similar products and decided for me with the range of sensors they had available Wavenode was the way to go.This product replaced several Bird 43's and an assortment of slugs
You will not be disappointed

Stu

W0QC Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2012 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased oa WN-2d with the rotro interface and two sensors. It was a plug and play set-up
Works better than my expectations

NI0Z Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2012 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Product Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I reserve the right to revise this review, but I was very impressed with Alan. He followed up with my questions, shipped and delivered it on time as promised!

The product was super easy to setup (about 10 minutes) and I just love that I can see everything I need at a glance! This is a huge improvement over an analog meter!

I set this up with a second computer since I couldn't add a 4th screen right now to my beast! Updated station photos will be posted on my website next week after I finish my latest round of changes!

NY1H Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2012 05:55 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent piece of Gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a leagal limit Watt/SWR meter for my newly acquired Henry 2002 2 meter Amplifier.
I was not happy with all the offerings from other companies. Then I came across the WaveNode WN-2d system. With this system I was able to eliminate 3 other Watt meters for my Boat Anchor station, Alpha 76ca amplifier and Heathkit SB220 amplifier 6 meter conversion.I ordered 3-2kw HF remote sensors with "RF view" and 1-UHF 2kw sensor with N connectors and "RF-View". My order was shipped Promptly and arrived on my doorstep in short order. Installation was super easy. I did buy a 19" Flat screen for a dedicated computer running the WaveNode software. I am Very Happy with this system. Very accurate, compares to the Bird. Also fast response makes tunning the amps easy.
I have been using the Scope and Spectrum analyser. A wonderfull feature. Alan at WaveNode is very quick at anserwering questions. Great customer support. None better. Alan also sent me one extension cable for a remote sensor which made connections much easier in my installation. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy this new system, I am definitely pleased. Give WaveNode a try, you will not be sorry. Bob NY1H

N8DUY Rating: 5/5 Feb 29, 2012 14:32 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME PRODUCT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The WM-2d is the next generation of the WN-2. I work all bands from 160 meters to 1.2Ghz and was tired of having INACCURATE METERS cluttering up my shack! The WN-2d was my choice for a VERY accurate, well-built meter with a GUI software interface that is just incredible! I have tailored the software specifically for my operating modes. I am using the meter with 4 sensors covering 144Mhz, 440Mhz, HF and 1.2Ghz. I do not know of any other company that offers remote sensors that cover all the most popular amateur bands. Another consideration was customer support. I had many questions before I finally purchased the product and Alan (the owner and an amateur op) was VERY quick to respond. Most of the time answering the phone himself!
I have been using the WN-2d for about 4 weeks now and it is one of the best investments I have made for my station in a while! If you are looking for an accurate, well built, very versatile SWR/WATT meter look no further!
Another GREAT product designed and produced by a fellow HAM operator!