Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | WaveNode WN-2d Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for WaveNode WN-2d Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter
WaveNode WN-2d  Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter Reviews: 11 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $450.00
Description: WaveNode provides sensibly priced RF Wattmeter and Monitoring equipment for Amateur Radio, agency, and Emergency Communications. Coax sensors from 30 KHz to 1.3GHz are available for every application, and four sensors can be monitored on the LCD display. Connection via USB to a PC allows simultaneous viewing of the four sensors. The RF modulation at the sensors is digitized, and can be analyzed realtime with digital scope and spectrum analyser software provided.

You can write your own review of the WaveNode WN-2d Digital RF SWR/Wattmeter.

W3BIG Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2018 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Incredible and Indispensible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Wavenode WN-2d digital RF SWR/Wattmeter provides an incredibly accurate and convenient system for monitoring SWR and RF power. It incorporates a stand alone meter with LED bargraph displays of both RF power and SWR as well as an LCD display that reads peak and average power and SWR. The meter can use 4 separate sensors for different transceivers and is easily interfaced to a computer for real-time large screen displays of power, SWR, spectrum and modulation envelopes. The unit can also be used as a controller for Yaesu type rotators.

This is a precision unit designed and built with care and craftsmanship. The meter is attractive, easy to read and is a perfect size to fit into station cubbyholes or on an equipment shelf. The LED bargraph display is professional in appearance and will add a touch of class to any station. The software is well-designed and a snap to install and use. Power levels can be scaled to your need, whether QRP or QRO. Audible alarms as well as announcements can be used. I have the WN-2d interfaced to a second computer and use it to monitor digital transmissions with a Yaesu FTdx3000. With one quick glance, I can monitor the antenna and RF parameters without the need to constantly toggle through the meter settings of the transceiver.

The Wavenode WN-2d is an indispensible station accessory!
WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2018 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Must-have station accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
Simple to use, lots of features. Outstanding customer support.
N0YK Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2018 05:35 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently was looking for a solution to monitor power output remotely on the 1296 MHz band and get away from the Bird 43 spot checks. I already had the real time capability on lower VHF bands and was just lacking the 1296 band. Everyone operating remote can attest that it's always an added benefit to see your station work properly from a remote operating position. After a few Google searches, I stumbled across the WaveNode website and I couldn't believe my eyes. There was actually a solution available to Hams to monitor the 1296 band among other VHF+ bands remotely at the same time. I then contacted Alan at WaveNode with questions and had an immediate response (it was over the weekend and on a holiday!). The next day I put an order in for a WN-2d meter and sensors for 144/222/432/1296 bands. The package arrived in a few days and I had it up and going in no time. I now can monitor power output on 144/222/432/1296 with one meter and one software package on the PC at the same time. It has so many features but the one I like the most is the small condensed power display. In a small rectangular box, I have separate indications for all four bands. The data is Power Out, SWR and the active band at the time is highlighted with color. It's all you need to know when operating high power amplifiers remotely! Also, Alan has been great to work with and provides excellent support. A fantastic product! A+++++++++++++++++
WA4SCA Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2017 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Easy setup, great support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My trusty conventional SWR meter, used for 30+ years, finally died. After research and recommendations, I purchased a WN-2d with four sensors for use on: HF, 2m, 70 cm, and 24 cm. Each checks well within specifications compared with a Bird. The software is easily configured, and can be minimized to a small bar for normal operations. The use of a computer interface is optional but convenient since the unit has an excellent, readable display. Definitely qualifies as a "bucket list" checkoff for monitoring your signal and antenna system. I have not needed support in the sense of a problem, but I have had a couple of questions which were answered quickly, in detail, and clearly.
W8PWU Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2015 07:25 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
VK4SX Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2015 22:23 Send this review to a friend
Solid product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the WAVENODE WN-2D for some time now, a couple of years at least, great gadget, Rotator control, multiple sensors, makes for a very handy shack addition, the supplied Software is stable and accurate, excellent support as well,
all in all, Excellent Job, it replaced a MACAW & a AKIGAWA Auto, sure freed up some room.
Dennis vk4sx
VE2XX Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought WN2d plus several 2kw sensors, hf & 6, 2, 220, 432, 1296
for my vhf contest station, most of the ones I bought have RF view ( a rf tap in the -40db range) which I can use with a spec an , freq meter, or Anan psdr Pure Signal .
Their product line extends from qrp to very high power sensors for those QRO stations The beauty of these units they will read any power level from abt 1w to 2kw without having to do a thing.I am now able to read transverter power, driver power or final PA power with the same sensor.
I have to say Alan at Wavenode has given me top notch customer service. I asked him many questions plus dozens of emails he was always been there for me. I looked at many different vendors of similar products and decided for me with the range of sensors they had available Wavenode was the way to go.This product replaced several Bird 43's and an assortment of slugs
You will not be disappointed

W0QC Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2012 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased oa WN-2d with the rotro interface and two sensors. It was a plug and play set-up
Works better than my expectations
NI0Z Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2012 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Great Product Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I reserve the right to revise this review, but I was very impressed with Alan. He followed up with my questions, shipped and delivered it on time as promised!

The product was super easy to setup (about 10 minutes) and I just love that I can see everything I need at a glance! This is a huge improvement over an analog meter!

I set this up with a second computer since I couldn't add a 4th screen right now to my beast! Updated station photos will be posted on my website next week after I finish my latest round of changes!

NY1H Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2012 05:55 Send this review to a friend
An Excellent piece of Gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a leagal limit Watt/SWR meter for my newly acquired Henry 2002 2 meter Amplifier.
I was not happy with all the offerings from other companies. Then I came across the WaveNode WN-2d system. With this system I was able to eliminate 3 other Watt meters for my Boat Anchor station, Alpha 76ca amplifier and Heathkit SB220 amplifier 6 meter conversion.I ordered 3-2kw HF remote sensors with "RF view" and 1-UHF 2kw sensor with N connectors and "RF-View". My order was shipped Promptly and arrived on my doorstep in short order. Installation was super easy. I did buy a 19" Flat screen for a dedicated computer running the WaveNode software. I am Very Happy with this system. Very accurate, compares to the Bird. Also fast response makes tunning the amps easy.
I have been using the Scope and Spectrum analyser. A wonderfull feature. Alan at WaveNode is very quick at anserwering questions. Great customer support. None better. Alan also sent me one extension cable for a remote sensor which made connections much easier in my installation. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy this new system, I am definitely pleased. Give WaveNode a try, you will not be sorry. Bob NY1H