Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Alberto Frattini Marconi 213 chrome Key Help

Reviews Summary for Alberto Frattini Marconi 213 chrome Key
Alberto Frattini Marconi 213 chrome Key Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $408 euros
Description: Handmade straight key made of chrome plated brass
More info: http://www.i1qod.it

You can write your own review of the Alberto Frattini Marconi 213 chrome Key.

K5WTX Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2015 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Another work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Marconi 213 (serial #7 2015) and the action is smooth as butter. The construction and chrome quality is superb. If you ever purchase any of Alberto's keys, you will not be disappointed.

DG3YCC Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2012 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Just wonderful  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This key is handmade in Italy by Alberto Frattini (I1QOD), a highhighhighspeed cw operator who also offers paddles and a bug. The key is built to perfection and it's not a small one: Base ist 245 x 88 millimeters, wheigt ist 1,35 kilogramms so it doesn't move on your desk. When you order this key you have to be patient because it takes Alberto a few month to built it. Alberto always responded to E-mails on short notice. What I like about this key is that the closing contact (which is a blade) is behind the axle and not in front of. For me this feels better. What Alberto did he made the knob especially on my request! The ordinary 213 key has a navy knob but when I asked Alberto if he could make a knob like on my 55 years old Navy flameproof key he built one as you can see on the picture. Tuning of contact space and tension is very simple. This key is not cheap but if you think about the amount of hours Alberto has to put into it the price seems reasonable. I wish there would be more straight key manufactures in Alberto's league but I don't see any (perhaps GHD keys but there is no blade key on their list). Thank you Alberto!