Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Tokyo Hy-Power HL-550FX Help

Reviews Summary for Tokyo Hy-Power HL-550FX
Just plug it in 100-250v 50/60Hz
Carry Handle for Easy Transport
Simple Operation and Hookup
Amplifier incorporates an advanced 16bit microprocessor that
controls all the functions of the amplifier, including the
protection circuits.
More info: http://www.tokyohypower.com/

You can write your own review of the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-550FX.

KH6DAN Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2016 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Not in production  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this amp when I sold my Tokyo Hy-Power HL-450B (that was a sweet amp and was the reason I bought the HL-550FX). Works flawless. Bought mine right before the company went out of business. Works great though. Built in power supply means no external one needed (like the HL-450B).

RZ6MY Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2013 06:38 Send this review to a friend
Great product !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Only positive emotions during the operation !

AA6SC Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Superb results thus far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first amplifier in 46 years of being licensed. It's great, and has increased my success in making contacts. For the first month I told no one I had it. Several guys I've worked in the past made remarks such as, "You have a booming signal. What did you do?" I would have thought the ever-present propagation variations would have been their assumption, but apparently not. The 550 is simple to use. The one time it shut itself off was when I forgot to reset the band selector switch. As the user guide states, cycling the power switch brought it back up with no ill effects. Sixty watts of excitation from my Yaesu FT-950 results in 500 watts out of the HL-550. I am delighted.

Thanks for reading.

AA6SC

HB9CVE Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2012 10:18 Send this review to a friend
great product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I used the Tokyo HY-Power HL 550-FX for about 1 year with my Kenwood TS-590. I never had problems and the 550 watts output was a pleasure to all of my portable operations. I can recommend this Tokyo HyPower and especially the robustness and reliability. The weight of 9 kg, small in size and 550 watts output is a hit.