Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas
Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Reviews: 82 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $200 (160m model) others less
Description: Double Bazooka antennas, 160m 80m 40m 20m 17m
More info: http://www.iacantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas.

AC9HB Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2015 04:29 Send this review to a friend
40M Full Size Great Design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the IAC 40 meter double bazooka up for about a month. I have compared the IAC 40 meter antenna against my Alpha Delta 160 thru 10 with the IAC about 2-3 S units better than the AD. I first saw the IAC antenna at Dayton this spring and quality of the build is top shelf, I am especially impressed with the design and construction of the center feed point which has always been the weakest point of a double bazooka. IAC has conquered this issue with a molded one piece design. The materials used in the build of this are of the highest quality available on the market today.

The customer service at IAC is the best that I have experienced in a long time. In a culture where true customer service is hard to find IAC offers the kind of support that makes you feel like you are there only customer they have.

W4ATL Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2015 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Good Bandwidth and Reception  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 80M version of this antenna. I purchased it for the wide bandwidth properties of the Double Bazooka. I wanted to cover the CW and DX portion of SSB. A side benefit is my ability to hear much better than my old dipole or wire vertical that I had. I credit getting my DXCC on 80M to this antenna and my ability to hear better.

My only warning for people is that the resonant frequency seemed to be higher than what the instructions say. My 2:1 SWR installed with no minimum foldover of the ends is 3570 to 3810 kHz. As it turns out, this is adequate for my purposes. I believe that my installation may be contributing to the higher resonant frequency. I have the center up at 70' and the ends at 50 and 40 feet. Plus, it follows my lot with the center near the corner and each element following my property so it is not a straight dipole. So when installing, make sure you can get to the ends easily, measure your resonant frequency, and adjust as necessary. You may need to raise and lower each end a couple times before you get it like you want.

KM4JON Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2015 05:16 Send this review to a friend
20M Double Bazooka (Update)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an update from below... I spent a few hours this weekend adjusting the IAC 20M DB following Dave's instruction and tweaking. I ended up with an SWR of 1.01:1. While that is impressive, I could have probably gotten a 1.01 from many different dipoles. There are two reasons I am writing this update. I must have taken this antenna up and down in the trees 10 times. Yanking the ends (quite hard) to free them of branches. I was using a messenger line but still...this is a very well built antenna and should last for years. The second is the omni-directional aspect. I am in Georgia and am able to work contacts in Europe, Florida, Louisiana, Texsas, Oklahoma, Iowa, New York, Austrailia, Michigan, California, Nebraska, etc. It seems to have just about 360 degrees of coverage and 10 watts is enough to work 'em.
Highly recommended.
John km4jon 73!

KE5GGY Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2015 21:45 Send this review to a friend
GREAT PRODUCT - GREAT SUPPORT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to go with IAC for an 80 meter Double Bazooka. Based on research I did here on eHam and on-the-air, IAC came highly recommended.

First, the product quality is very good. You can tell that the antenna materials are well constructed. Reviews here on eHam confirm this. IAC makes their antennas to last.

Additionally, the support from IAC was outstanding. I had several questions that were unique to my QTH. Dave was accessible on numerous occasions including weekends.

On-the-air, this antenna ROCKS! I regularly hear that I'm the loudest station on 80 meters. And the antenna receive is very quiet (especially compared to my 80 meter dipole).

In summary, the IAC 80 Meter Double Bazooka is a SOLID PERFORMER: Great Design, well built and IAC's customer service is exemplary.

If you have any questions, or want to hear the IAC Double Bazooka on the air, drop into 3.916 MHz any night between 7 and 10 PM (Central) or email me at ke5ggy@gmail.com

Good luck and good DX! 73 Pete KE5GGY

KK6YO Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2015 16:05 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Service: A+
Quality A+++
One Hams opinion. I recently purchased a 40 shorty antenna. The antenna works fantastic.. 25 feet above my roof on a tripod. Can't ask for a better antenna. Talked to Japan this morning on 7.150 and had a 20 over signal running 400 watts. Barefoot 5/9. The boys on 7.220 give me great reports. Very high quality antenna and even though it is small in length (about 20 feet per side) It hears great and transmits fantastic. Buy this antenna. You will not regent it. I am having a ball on AM as well.
Jerry - KK6YO

VO1BQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2015 23:11 Send this review to a friend
outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 80M Inverted L. It arrived in about a week and is a well made product. Haven't installed yet, my reason for posting a review so quickly is that I just received a call from IAC today and was informed by them that I was overcharged on the shipping and that they have sent me a $25 cheque. I'm certain that I will be a repeat customer.

C6AOD Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna and wonderful customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 80M inverted L antenna for my installation is wonderful with outstanding customer service from Dave. I wanted to use the antenna for over a year before I posted this review. The inverted L is working nicely and tunes the whole 80m band with a great pattern and swr under 1.7 edge to edge. I was looking for an antenna that would complement my phased vertical array on the beach and be installed at a low height off a tower. The antenna more than “holds its own” against the array, usually equal in signal strength expect for very low angle signals. The antenna performance for such a low height is just outstanding. Due to my unique installation I needed some changes made to the stock 80M antenna. Dave quickly offered a solution, insisted on making a new antenna for me and sent the modified antenna out right away. It worked exactly as he said it would and he followed up several times to make sure everything was OK. The build quality is excellent as the antenna has held up in the Caribbean winds without any problems. A great person to deal with and a great antenna to add to your QTH!

KN3E Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2014 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Very well made and excellent swr accross the entire 40 mtr band  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I mounted the 40meter version of the standard double bazooka as a horizontal dipole. The SWR is 1.3 to 1.5 across the entire 40 meter band and I am very happy with its performance. In addition this is a well constructed antenna I am seriously thinking about ordering the 80 meter version. Next I am going to try the antenna as a inverted vee.

K1CGZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2014 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Well made; excellent customer service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My first double bazooka was the IAC 40 M version that I bought from an estate sale. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to use it for, but the construction quality prompted me to give it a try. I put it up on a 30 foot TV antenna mast as an inverted V. I used it on 40 & 15 M for a year. It worked great. Then we changed QTH.

I found myself in Florida (from Maine). In an apartment on the second floor of a 2 story building. No outside antennas permitted. What to do? I measured the living room and hall and determined that I had room for a 20 M dipole inside. I ordered a 20 M double bazooka from IAC. I gave them my Florida address, but the billing address on my credit card was in Maine. The antenna shipped to the Maine address, so I contacted them. The same day I called, she shipped me a 20 M double bazooka to my Florida address. Sent me a check for the return shipping for the antenna that went to Maine. I received the FL antenna first. Put it up as an indoor antenna and got on the air. A week or so later the ME antenna arrived which I returned to them.

The indoor antenna works well. Not as good as an outdoor antenna, but it works well enough. The construction quality is excellent. Customer service is excellent.

On my next trip to FL I plan to use the 20 M and the 40 M double bazookas as portable antennas. They are rugged enough to haul around in a tote bag. I will sling shot ropes into palm trees and get QRV from some picnic tables I checked out last trip south.

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2014 08:13 Send this review to a friend
40 double bazooka  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the 40 meter model hung as a inverted vee with the feedpoint at 45 feet.The swr is below 2-1 on the entire band.I have gotten excellent reports.The craftmanship is very good and it should stay in place for years to come.