Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas
Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Reviews: 81 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $200 (160m model) others less
Description: Double Bazooka antennas, 160m 80m 40m 20m 17m
More info: http://www.iacantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas.

KK6YO Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2015 16:05 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Service: A+
Quality A+++
One Hams opinion. I recently purchased a 40 shorty antenna. The antenna works fantastic.. 25 feet above my roof on a tripod. Can't ask for a better antenna. Talked to Japan this morning on 7.150 and had a 20 over signal running 400 watts. Barefoot 5/9. The boys on 7.220 give me great reports. Very high quality antenna and even though it is small in length (about 20 feet per side) It hears great and transmits fantastic. Buy this antenna. You will not regent it. I am having a ball on AM as well.
Jerry - KK6YO

VO1BQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2015 23:11 Send this review to a friend
outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 80M Inverted L. It arrived in about a week and is a well made product. Haven't installed yet, my reason for posting a review so quickly is that I just received a call from IAC today and was informed by them that I was overcharged on the shipping and that they have sent me a $25 cheque. I'm certain that I will be a repeat customer.

C6AOD Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 10:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna and wonderful customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 80M inverted L antenna for my installation is wonderful with outstanding customer service from Dave. I wanted to use the antenna for over a year before I posted this review. The inverted L is working nicely and tunes the whole 80m band with a great pattern and swr under 1.7 edge to edge. I was looking for an antenna that would complement my phased vertical array on the beach and be installed at a low height off a tower. The antenna more than “holds its own” against the array, usually equal in signal strength expect for very low angle signals. The antenna performance for such a low height is just outstanding. Due to my unique installation I needed some changes made to the stock 80M antenna. Dave quickly offered a solution, insisted on making a new antenna for me and sent the modified antenna out right away. It worked exactly as he said it would and he followed up several times to make sure everything was OK. The build quality is excellent as the antenna has held up in the Caribbean winds without any problems. A great person to deal with and a great antenna to add to your QTH!

KN3E Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2014 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Very well made and excellent swr accross the entire 40 mtr band  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I mounted the 40meter version of the standard double bazooka as a horizontal dipole. The SWR is 1.3 to 1.5 across the entire 40 meter band and I am very happy with its performance. In addition this is a well constructed antenna I am seriously thinking about ordering the 80 meter version. Next I am going to try the antenna as a inverted vee.

K1CGZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2014 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Well made; excellent customer service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My first double bazooka was the IAC 40 M version that I bought from an estate sale. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to use it for, but the construction quality prompted me to give it a try. I put it up on a 30 foot TV antenna mast as an inverted V. I used it on 40 & 15 M for a year. It worked great. Then we changed QTH.

I found myself in Florida (from Maine). In an apartment on the second floor of a 2 story building. No outside antennas permitted. What to do? I measured the living room and hall and determined that I had room for a 20 M dipole inside. I ordered a 20 M double bazooka from IAC. I gave them my Florida address, but the billing address on my credit card was in Maine. The antenna shipped to the Maine address, so I contacted them. The same day I called, she shipped me a 20 M double bazooka to my Florida address. Sent me a check for the return shipping for the antenna that went to Maine. I received the FL antenna first. Put it up as an indoor antenna and got on the air. A week or so later the ME antenna arrived which I returned to them.

The indoor antenna works well. Not as good as an outdoor antenna, but it works well enough. The construction quality is excellent. Customer service is excellent.

On my next trip to FL I plan to use the 20 M and the 40 M double bazookas as portable antennas. They are rugged enough to haul around in a tote bag. I will sling shot ropes into palm trees and get QRV from some picnic tables I checked out last trip south.

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2014 08:13 Send this review to a friend
40 double bazooka  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the 40 meter model hung as a inverted vee with the feedpoint at 45 feet.The swr is below 2-1 on the entire band.I have gotten excellent reports.The craftmanship is very good and it should stay in place for years to come.

WB9KMW Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2014 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Low noise, broad band, great results  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed the 75M and 40M IAC antennas. Boy, do they work great. Tune up very easy. I have them mounted close to recommended inverted V heights from my tower. My greatest use in on the WI 75M ARES net. I regularly get to hear feedback & complaints from hams around the state about difficulty in copying some stations and high noise levels. My experience with the 75M DB is totally opposite. I usually copy everyone around the state. I don't need fills on ARRL Radiograms. And whether 30 miles away or 200 miles from my QTH, I copy and am heard well by Net Control Stations.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2014 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Works "GOOD"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second IAC antenna. Ordered the 40m DB a week ago,
received it today an installed it this afternoon, Use a reference dipole
so can tell if the antenna is stronger or weaker than the antenna it replaced, so far its stronger than the 40m dipole it replaced at 36' to the apex, good signal to noise ratio, had an 75m DB about 10 years ago, that antenna worked very well as well! If this antenna holds up as the other one did, I think I have a winner!.........kb6hrt

N2EAC Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2014 21:02 Send this review to a friend
Expensive, but a great antenna is better than any amplifier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used to run a Cobra Sr. on 160m Phone (1945 MHz) in an inverted V configuration and used a Palstar AT-Auto (ver 1) tuner and a 1 KW solid state amplifier. I added an IAC 160m "shorty" (also in an inverted V configuration), SWR at the Tx freq of 1945 MHz is 1.25:1 (actually tuned 1.1:1 to about 1925 MHz). Running just 200 watts of exciter power (NO amplifier), I was told by my ragchew group that the Tx audio was superior with the IAC shorty double bazooka (that goes for Rx audio too) than the Cobra Sr with the 1 KW. Its construction and instructions are first class. Now, be advised, (a) it is a single band antenna, (b) it is an expensive antenna, (c) it is a lot of work to install - you absolutely need a messenger (support) line, (d) don't cheap out on the coax - buy Belden, and (e) build an RF choke (just in case).

In summary, while an expensive proposition, if you primarily work just one frequency the IAC Shorty 160m double bazooka out performs and is better than any compromise antenna and you don't need an amplifier.

I would buy it again.

73, Ed, N2EAC

WA6QGH Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2014 20:05 Send this review to a friend
Very Good 40 Meter Double Bazooka  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 40 Meter IAC Double Bazooka up for about two years in the inverted vee configuration with apex at 30 feet. I am not on 40 meters much but I have used on SSB and on Olivia and PSK 31 in CW portion and pleased with its performance. I folded back 18 inches of both ends and moved resonance frequency to 7.150. The SWR on each end of band is around 1.7. I have the SWR plotted in excel if anyone is interested. Although not considered DX antenna, yet I have worked Italy & Canary Islands on SSB in past few months. I am very pleased with construction and performance of this dipole antenna.