Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas
Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Reviews: 67 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $200 (160m model) others less
Description: Double Bazooka antennas, 160m 80m 40m 20m 17m
More info: http://www.iacantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas.

VK3BVW Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2013 00:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Over the past six weeks, I have been experimenting with two antennas - the 80 and 40 meter Double Bazookas. After some research, I purchased the full size bazookas from IAC Antenna Corporation, in Pennsylvania. They work.......and they work VERY well because:

1) They get the signal out!
2) They have quite a broad bandwidth, low SWR across the band, no need for an ATU
3) They are excellent at reducing electrical (man-made) noise.

It's been a lot of fun trying out these and also comparing their reception capabilities to my existing Par End Fed SWL antenna. AND....over three days, I compiled a video that introduces this antenna design, looks at its construction and documents its results.

I hope you enjoy the videoÖ..and if you do, please share it with others! The link below takes you to my radio web blog and the video:

medxr.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/the-double-bazooka-antenna-youtube.html

Rob VK3BVW

W9AJR Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2013 15:43 Send this review to a friend
I just received three...yes, three...Bazookas from I. A. C.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Several months ago Bob Heil did a Skype meeting with our club, the Tri-State Amateur Radio Society, and talked a lot about his bazooka farm. That intrigued me. After a few emails with Bob he directed me to the only source for high quality bazookas, and that was I. A. C. in Pennsylvania.

After reading all your reviews here on eHAM and talking to Dave at IAC, I ordered 160, 80 and 40 meter bazookas. They arrived today and I'll be stringing them up when the weather breaks.

With broad range of SWR less than 2 across the whole band, it will outperform my 80 m Skyloop. In an inverted V configuration.

Stay tuned for further details.

Dave
W9AJR
Evansville, IN

KA5GET Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Great quality, very good performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 3 of these Full sized 80 meter antennas and the ONLY reason I had to replace them was because a hurricane and a tornado took the first two down. The performance with this antenna is very good. It is a quiet antenna by design and construction. I am using it at about 30 feet in a "somewhat" inverted V configuration. I am able to work station from my North Central Alabama location around the state and region. I have had it at 80 feet and worked South Africa!! I would definitely recommend this antenna and company!

KA1ILH Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2013 04:24 Send this review to a friend
80 meter L  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We had out thoughts about this antenna for FD but it proved itself out. Part vertical and part horizontal - we laid out ground wires and it played so good it even surprised our biggest moaner. Less noise and some what directional when setup. A great FD antenna and great construction!

K4TTO Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2013 12:24 Send this review to a friend
The 80m. Shorty Double Bazooka surpasses all expectations!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am currently using an IAC 80m. Shorty, Double Bazooka on 80,40,30,17 and 12m. (I use a 3 el. yagi on 10, 15 and 20.) My Yaesu FT-950 is hooked up to an LDG YT-450 Automatic Antenna Tuner. To say the Shorty is sensational is an understatement. I continue to get excellent signal reports on all the bands it operates on and it has "ears" like no other wire antenna I have ever used. It loads with nearly a flat SWR on all bands with the tuner, but no tuner is required on 80 m. The construction is of the highest quality materials, and it shows no effects of weathering. The shorter size of the 80m. Shorty makes it possible to use the antenna in the space of a 40m. dipole. I do not run an amplifier and continue to get high raves from other stations of my signal strength.

K4TTO

K9EID Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2012 18:09 Send this review to a friend
75 METER PHASED ARRAY  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just finished installing a pair of PHASED I.A.C. coaxial dipoles on 75 meters and a pair on 40 meters. The quality of these antennas is great. Dave and Jeanna are super to deal with. I have had an I.A.C. coaxial dipole up at another location since 1998. Never a problem and still performing well but at this new location I wanted to install a phased array on 75 and a pair on 40. Also have a 160 meter I.A.C. up and working very well.

Visit these two sites and hear how Dave's phased array design produces 10 to 20 dB front to back on 75 meters. What would you have to do to get this kind of response on 75 meters? This is one amazing antenna system. Take a listen

twit.tv/show/ham-nation/63 about 3:45 minutes in
Twit.tv/show/ham-nation/65 about 3:50 minutes in

Several things that make the coaxial dipole the leading wire antenna. Using the original M.I.T. design, it is built from a single length of RG 58U. The major problem with home made or other coaxial dipoles is the center insulator. Dave's molded injected center insulator solved that situaiton. Stellar ! They also use mil spec Belden coax, heat shrink and connectors. No Home Depot plumbing pieces.

Why use a coaxial dipole? It has a wide, flat repsonse across the entire band with less than 1.8/1 SWR. No tuners and a perfect match - even on 160 meters.

The 75 meter phased array worked so good, I installed a pair of phased 40 meter I.A.C. coaxial dipoles. I followed the instructions and the system worked perfect right out of the 'box'. I use the Ameritron RCS-8V remote relay system to switch the direction.

Been licensed and very active since 1956 and this new phased array I.A.C. antenna system is the best thing I have ever done for my station. Great job, Dave and Jenna.

Bob Heil, K9EID

N9IAG Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2012 14:59 Send this review to a friend
High quality products  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have purchased double Bazooka antennas and the stealth flagpole 20/40M antenna from IAC. Itís obvious they care about quality. The double bazooka antenna is very well built. It has heat shrink in many locations, somewhat overbuilt. Quality is important to me. My stealth flagpole antenna shipped with a faulty element. Tech support worked me through troubleshooting it, and replacing it. Once I got it installed and properly grounded it works great. My only complaint is the bolt for the cosmetic tip came loose after it was installed, so I used a ladder to tighten it. I also found pretty much all the other hardware comes loose except the location where you attach the feed line. The spot where you glue the pipes together with water pipe glue came loose (purchased at hardware store) so I drilled a couple holes and installed stainless screws. I strongly recommend using blue lock tight on all bolts / screws. The pl-259 doesnít need it, but every single screw should have lock tight or it will work loose. Once I solved this issue itís been a great antenna, and performs well. I run 500 watts pep into it 0 issues.

VK2AAA Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the full size 80m bazooka. This would be about the best single band dipole I've used. Well built too. Only trouble is that I would like to see them take credit cards or PayPal. International orders currently means western union which is a rip off.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you have the room IAC has the antenna ,I been running the 80 and 160 antenna full size for 7 years a bad storm damage my 80 meter antenna ,They replaced my antenna for a new one gave me a discount on replacement. The antenna is one of the best for broad banded . My SWR is less than 1.9 at far end of the sweet spot built like the Miltary was using them they should last life time . Antenna is real Quality.

N2EX Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Great antennas, great performance and great service too!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 160M & 80M Double Bazook Antennas. Best investment I have made in wire antennas! They have held up very well and work great. Both antennas have low SWR and wide bandwidth. Dave has been a pleasure to work with too. On my first antenna, the 160M Bazooka, I thought the SWR was too high so Dave took it back and sent a new one. Turned out it was my SWR meter and the antenna worked fine all along. The 160M version is really big and requires some time to wire tie it to the nylon rope as suggested by Dave but really helps prolong the antenna. Both antennas have been up in all kinds of weather and have survived the elements. Performance has been great too. You will love these antennas! Highly recommended!