Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas
Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas Reviews: 69 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $200 (160m model) others less
Description: Double Bazooka antennas, 160m 80m 40m 20m 17m
More info: http://www.iacantennas.com

You can write your own review of the Intenational Antenna Corporation Double Bazooka Antennas.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you have the room IAC has the antenna ,I been running the 80 and 160 antenna full size for 7 years a bad storm damage my 80 meter antenna ,They replaced my antenna for a new one gave me a discount on replacement. The antenna is one of the best for broad banded . My SWR is less than 1.9 at far end of the sweet spot built like the Miltary was using them they should last life time . Antenna is real Quality.

N2EX Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Great antennas, great performance and great service too!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 160M & 80M Double Bazook Antennas. Best investment I have made in wire antennas! They have held up very well and work great. Both antennas have low SWR and wide bandwidth. Dave has been a pleasure to work with too. On my first antenna, the 160M Bazooka, I thought the SWR was too high so Dave took it back and sent a new one. Turned out it was my SWR meter and the antenna worked fine all along. The 160M version is really big and requires some time to wire tie it to the nylon rope as suggested by Dave but really helps prolong the antenna. Both antennas have been up in all kinds of weather and have survived the elements. Performance has been great too. You will love these antennas! Highly recommended!

KB0EZY Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2012 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Quiet Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the 20 meter version and noticed the noise level go way down after installation. It also seems more broad-banded than my previous wire trap dipole. I'm limited by restrictions here, but the 20 meter IAC works just fine.
The construction is also first rate.

IZ6BRN Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2012 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Small Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Since long time I was looking for a good antenna for 30 meters when finally I discovered the Double Bazooka.
I immediately thought that this was the right antenna for my needs (neighbor’s problems!!)
As soon as I received the antennas I notice that it was really very well made
The installation of the new antenna it took me no more than half an hour.
Good SWR across the band and very low noise level.
First try CQ CQ and ……. big pile up from USA.
Tnx Dave, really good antenna.
Sergio HP1/IZ6BRN from Panama City

KA4UPI Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality & Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first purchased the 40 Meter Bazooka and it worked just as advertised without a hitch. I installed it in the V configuration at 45 feet and I can work the whole band with not more than 1.6 SWR at each band edge. I am also very pleased with the excellent quality in contruction and performance of this antenna. I like it so much I later purchased the 80 Meter version and it also works just as well. I also get very good signal reports and it is a very quite antenna. You will not find any other commercially made Bazooka with better performance or quality of construction for the money. I first tried a cheaper version from another vendor and it did not last any time at all. I am planning to purchase the one for 160 meters next and will post the performance on it as well. If you want a very good performing antenna that is easy to install this is the one for you.

KD2C Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 04:09 Send this review to a friend
80m Full Size Double Bazooka  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have limited space for antennas on my property and have tried many different antennas to access 80m. The IAC antenna has substantially
outperformed the Alph Delta DX-DD antenna I have had for the last 5 years.

The antenna is constructed of top notch materials and is built to last. It was easy to install and tunes up easily from 80m to 10m. I have even used it occasionally on 160m.

I highly recommend this antenna for anyone with limited space and need a high performance antenna.

K3BHX Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2012 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic addition to the Shack  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After seeing the construction of the IAC Double Bazookas at Dayton last year, and having success with a DB previously, I ordered a 160M DB on line after getting home. It arrived in excellent condition just a few days later. When I read that they recommended a messenger line support (a rope that runs the entire length of the antenna and from which the antenna wire hangs to decrase support on the wire) I called for clarification. The owner called me back that same afternoon and explained that in very heavy ice conditions they had experienced stretching in a few rare cases. Since it was contest weekend and I didn't have enough rope to do this, I hung it quickly from a 60 foot tree and tried it out. Great success!. So I ordered some rope and ran the messenger line, not wanting to loose this winner. A great solution for a 160 meter antenna. I will be ordering an 80 meter DB as soon as the weather clears.

N3FQG Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2012 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Product ! Great Customer Service !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought my 160 meter DB after seeing it at the Dayton Hamvention. Took me awhile to get it up in the air, but now all I can say is what a great antenna ! It was easy to tune to 1.900 MHZ and has a low SWR both up and down from there. I get nothing but great reports and the recieve is just as good, I had one problem and it was no fault of the antenna. I pulled on one end trying to get it around a tree limb and it came a part at the point where the ladder line attaches to the coax. I gave Dave and his wife a call and he gave me repair instructions and sent me a new peice of heat shrink to do the repair at no charge. Great customer service !!!! I highly recomend IAC to all !

Best 73's Always
Kelly, N3FQG

PS: See ya on 160M, 19:00 eastern on 1.900 MHZ nightly

KA4UPI Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2011 09:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have built and purchased from other vendors Double Bazookas over the years due to the performance of these types of antennas and I must say that this is without doubt the best constructed and best performing antennas of this type I have used to date. I started with the full 40 meter version and liked it so much that I later purchased the 80 meter full size version and both work great. There is also NO comparison to the quality of materials and construction of these antennas by any other manufacturer that I am aware of. Yes you may pay a bit more for them than some other competitors but it is well worth the price for a quality product that will hold up. I also plan to purchase the 160 meter version for operating this fall. You definitely won’t be disappointed with this product or the company.

N4FBW Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2011 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, great company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a 20M Double Bazooka from IAC. It arrived quickly via USPS. The first thing I noticed about this antenna was just how well made it was. This antenna looks like it could survive a hurricane! IAC antennas cost a bit more than the competition but you get what you pay for.

Once the antenna was installed I found that it exhibited rather high SWR across the 20M band. I sent an e-mail to IAC and they responded very quickly; note that this was on a SUNDAY afternoon!
It turned out that the antenna was defective and so I sent it back for a replacement. Jeanna and Dave were helpful and responsive and Jeanna paid me back for my return shipping charges. It's very apparent that Jeanna and Dave really care about their customers.

The new antenna arrived within a few days and I put it up. This antenna works just fine. Here are the SWR figures without any adjustments to the antenna:

14.004 1.6:1
14.050 1.5:1
14.100 1.3:1
14.200 1:1
14.300 1:1

Given my experience with IAC antennas, it's very likely that I'll be buying one for a different band in the near future.