Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Alpha Antenna MOTO Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Antenna MOTO
Alpha Antenna MOTO Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199
Description: The Alpha MOTO Antenna mobile system is constructed of Stainless Steel and Unplasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride. All joints are fully sealed with Marine Grade sealants and the internal components are held in place with rigid fire-retardant foam. Additionally, all non-stainless steel components on the exterior receive a minimum of four coats of under carriage coating for vehicles.

The 62 inch Stainless Steel Whip on a brass fitting is held in place by a Stainless Steel Spring, which sits above the solid-state Alpha Match mobile matching network. The entire antenna system is specifically designed for 6 through 40 Meter mobile operations and will tune 60-80 Meters when properly grounded. The Alpha Jam Mount will give you a well-grounded installation for full use of 6-40 meters and enable you to tune these bands plus 60-80 meters with an automatic or manual antenna tuner.

How did we do it? We know the frequencies that all amateur radio operators are required to operate on and the length of the antenna whip, so we used the formula to build the solid-state Alpha Match network, whose coils are tapped for each band.

Alpha MOTO User Manual: http://alphaantenna.com/pdf/Alpha_Antenna_MOTO_User_Guide.pdf

More info: http://AmateurRadioStore.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha Antenna MOTO.

NN4E Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Very good mobile antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this based on reviews here and the desire to have a single antenna for 40-10 and not mess with a screwdriver or change hamsticks which was my original plan. I used this on a 1300 mile road trip with excellent results mounted with a comet lip mount on the trucks read door edge.(not advised by MFG but worked for me) and it worked well. I even made some contacts on 60M while driving 70MPH across PA. All in all I think this warrants a serious look if you want a simple antenna.

WB1EZK Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2014 16:39 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Alpha MOTO only took me 15 minutes to install. I took my car for a test drive and I can't tell you how happy I was. The Alpha MOTO beat all my expectations. I am overwhelmed. I have been looking for such an antenna for a long time. Steve must be a genius. It tunes on all the bands. A big thank you very much to Steve and his team for the Alpha MOTO antenna.

KD8VAE Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2014 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent. Seriously.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had mine professionally installed Alpha Moto into my Chevrolet Silverado. I had an Alinco DXSR8 Sitting around and had it also professionally installed. My first contacts were 10m from Ohio to Brazil with a 5/9 report.I kid you not. The next was W1AW in Texas with a 5/9 report and the operator stated "If you are mobile do not change anything". I have made a DX contact to Slovakia from Ohio with the help of a relay. The Slovak station could make me out and gave me a 3 by 3 report for the relay.I did all of this parked on what is known as the Bay Bridge in Sandusky Ohio. It was an old bridge that was converted to a fishing bridge when they installed the replacement "Edison" bridge. This antenna gave me the biggest bang for the buck and my experiences have since been good on all bands through 40m. Its a good deal considering the other $300 plus options plus this newer design has a smaller footprint. I also got the alpha mount. Its a high quality all stainless mount and it was mounted to the front part of my bed by the drivers side. NEGATIVE: I do not like the flimsy aerial that comes standard. But the owner explained I could try a radio shack stouter whip for $25 extra bucks from radio shack. The standard whip barely stays straight under it's own weight. my MAIN CONCERN IS IF IT GETS WINDY i am afraid it might Whack the car next to me I DO UNSCREW THE ANTENNA WHEN I TRAVEL, HOWEVER. I ONLY INSTALL/USE IT WHEN PARKED. The whip is my only gripe.The performance, however is at it says it should be. I like this entrepreneur and his invention. He Also has you-tube videos you can watch as well. Seems like he knows precisely what he is doing.That's important to me.This antenna listens well also.

N4HHM Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2014 04:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Marine Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Alpha Moto really got my attention because I wanted a multi band antenna for my sailboat. I was not happy with my limited hamstick arrangement. The Moto was ideal because there are no moving parts and in a salt water marine environment seemed to be the answer. I installed the MOTO on a short mast attached to the stern rail just above the bimini. Performance has been very good although ham marine communication is found primarily on 20 & 40 meters. On-board station consist of a TS-140 & LDG Z100P tuner. I gave a 5 rating because it met my needs and expectations.

W5TTW Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2014 18:48 Send this review to a friend
No more hamstick swapping  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First call, first try on my new alpha moto mobile antenna got me the TX6G DX-pedition in the Austral Islands, South Pacific. 5,100 miles and a 5/7 report on 100 watts from my truck. I've always had success with hamsticks, but swapping them was a pain. The alpha moto and my LDG Z11 tuner are a great combo. I wish I knew about this antenna earlier.

VY1GP Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 20:56 Send this review to a friend
Great first impression  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed my Alpha MOTO with a triple magnet mount on the roof of my car because I could not find solid metal to attach it to. I also ran a "ground" wire from the magmount to the car body. Today was the first day I had a chance to use it with the radio temporarily hooked up and I checked into the Alaska-Pacific Net at 9:45 am on 20m. Between here (Whitehorse) and Seattle their signal was full quietening and they came back me right away. I was suitably impressed. I was also pleased to be able to clearly listen to QSO's from all around NA and over the pole later in the day. I am looking forward to using it regularly.

VA3YG Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2014 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have put off installing a mobile HF antenna on my Toyota Tacoma for some time but then ran across the Alpha Moto SR antenna and read all the great reviews on it's performance.

I purchased my Alpha Moto SR antenna from Steve on his eBay store before Christmas. Customer service including communication was excellent and the antenna arrived in two separate boxes; one for the base and mount and the other box a couple days later contained the stainless steel whip.

Installation was a breeze and I immediately began to make contacts on 10, 15, 17, 20, 40 and 80 meters mobile. Montana, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, British Columbia and Maine so far from my area here in Ontario. I can't believe how quiet this antenna is; at one point I checked the radio to make sure it was actually working!

Tonight I sat in my driveway, attached a 66' counterpoise wire in the stainless steel spring on the mount and worked stations in Ontario over 250 km away with a 5/5 to a 5/9 signal.

This mobile antenna is a winner in my mind for the following reason:
a. great seller
b. great value
c. simple, rugged design with no moving parts
d. stainless steel throughout
e. very quiet receive (really!)
f. excellent performance.

KJ6WSM Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2013 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Exhalant performance   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The antenna I was looking for needed to be broadband, no moving parts, low wind drag, reliable. This requirement basically narrowed the playing field drastically, no screwdriver or stick mono band type.
After fruitless searching web sites and reading reviews and manufacture specifications I came across the Alpha Moto that on paper looked like the antenna I was looking for.
I ordered the antenna on a Friday night around 9:30PM PST I received at 7:00 AM PST the next morning confirmation that the antenna had been shipped, the package arrived at my QTH Monday afternoon! The mount I used was a Diamond K400 series lip-mount slightly modified. The installation took less than 5 minutes plus ~ 2 hour longer to add body bonding straps. I was on the air in very little time. My impression of the performance of the Alpha Moto over the last few months has been impressive. It has been commented on how quiet the antenna is and I agree 100%. The antenna is very quiet and hears very well. I was listening to both sides of a conversation between the west coast USA and South Africa on 40 when most state side stations couldnt hear a thing. I have had consistent QSOs with stations on 40M up and down the west coast and as far east as Colorado. Overall I have no regrets and Im very pleased.
I rated the Alpha Moto and Alpha Antenna a 5. That is the limit if I could go higher I would.
I give Steve of Alpha Antenna a 5 for customer service. He has answered every question in a timely fashion plus placing an order on a Friday night and having confirmation of shipping the next morning and the product arrives at my door step Monday. Nobody does this but he did Thank you. It Is self-evident that Steve will make sure the customer is satisfied and more so he believes in his product.
I give Alpha Moto also a 5 for performance and mechanical integrity. (I drive the freeway system around San Jose Ca. The roads would rip a tank apart). The unit is built very robust and it is obvious that it was made to last for many years of service. No moving parts and potted. Performance is outstanding even with poor band propagation. You hear very well but more important you are heard.
Lastly I give the Alpha Moto a 5 for not being too obtrusive, I highly recommend the Alpha Moto for people who drive smaller cars (like myself), its low profile, (no long tubes sticking up 14~18 inches) and has low wind drag, (no large coils up the whip or at the base), more important it has spousal approval.
As I stated above on paper looked like the antenna I was looking for and it was.

AD4CC Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2013 11:45 Send this review to a friend
Can't believe how well it works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have worked HF mobile for years. Used the screwdriver types (3 manufacturers), hamstick types, whips, etc. I am truly shocked at how well the Alpha MOTO antenna works! Just worked YT3PL in Serbia mobile on 15 meters and he said, 58 great mobile signal! A few days before worked PJ2T mobile on 10 meters. Contacts on 10, 12, 15, 17 and 20 meters so far!! Even worked State side mobile to mobile. Easy band changes, easy to mount. Low noise floor too! Check out my QRZ.com page for a list of stations worked from my mobile using this antenna. My setup is an IC-7000, with LDG tuner, running 80 watts. Contact me if you have any doubt or questions. 5+++

KD5U Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2013 09:11 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service for an Outstanding product!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

I purchased the Alpha Moto Antenna from Steve a few weeks back. Shipping was fast and communication was great. I started my install and began having difficulty tuning and thought the antenna wasn't hearing "like it should". I sent an email to Steve describing my concerns and he shipped out a spare alpha match with return shipping at his cost just for me to try to see if that resolved my issue. After better grounding and using a different tuner all was great! The results have been amazing. This antenna replaced my high sierra screw driver antenna and it seems to hear much better with a lower noise floor. I also seem to be making contacts I wouldn't have thought I could have made just a couple of days a go with the high sierra. It could be band conditions but wow it sure works well! Even when I hadn't emailed Steve back to tell him my test results he followed up to make sure I got my install working as it should. Steve really cares about his customers and the hobby. This is my third alpha product from him and he has a customer for life.