Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Alpha MOTO 6-40 meter Mobile HF Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha MOTO 6-40 meter Mobile HF Antenna
Alpha MOTO 6-40 meter Mobile HF Antenna Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $199
Description: Simply put, the Alpha MOTO 6-40 meter Mobile HF Antenna puts you on the air making contacts for an economical price, which requires:
  • No extra whips
  • No adjustments required for band changes
  • No moving parts
  • No power required
  • No control interface boxes

To complete your installation, just attach your antenna tuner to the Alpha Match to enable mobile operations.

• Product is in production.
    More info: http://AlphaAntenna.com

You can write your own review of the Alpha MOTO 6-40 meter Mobile HF Antenna.

N3TUQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2016 13:54 Send this review to a friend
    Great low profile mobile antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I have been using this antenna for a few months on my car. I am using it with an FT-857d running into an LDG Z11pro tuner. All I can say is that this antenna is amazing. I have made many DX contacts and have had long conversations state-side.

KF7OM Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2015 13:37 Send this review to a friend
    You wont be disappointed !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    After retiring about 10 years ago and selling the homestead, all we had was our RV So we moved on it and traveled around the Southwest. I had been using my trusty old Spider mobile If you remember them, a good antenna but had its drawbacks.One day I saw an ad about the 6-40 Moto and decided to give it a try, after getting it and setting it up, which is very simple I might add,I mounted it on a pipe mount that will swivel and lower the whole thing so I can reach it. then I swing it back up into position and tie it off. the mount is also grounded to the frame of my RV giving me a 40 ft, counter-poise. this worked pretty good for the Spider but I never knew a mobile antenna like the 6-40 could work so well and be so effective. I use a tuner and I can get a flat swr even on the low end of 80 mtrs. It may not be as effective as a full or half wave wire but just knowing I can use it on all my favorite bands is more than enough to satisfy my operating styles.
    Take my advice, I'm 80 and have seen a few mobile antennas but my money is on the 6-40 Moto, a well made and well worth the money antenna.
    Thanks, John KF7OM

KC8J Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2015 01:11 Send this review to a friend
    The Most Versatile Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    I received the Alpha Moto Antenna about a month ago, and to say I am satisfied with it is an understatement! This antenna, even with the bands being as poor as they have been, was still able to get me a contact in Hawaii (2,584 miles).

Now for the versatile part of the this antenna... This antenna can be used several ways;

1. The standard mobile set up with the five foot whip.

2. If you plan on being stationary you can add one of the two optional 13 foot Alpha Mil-Stick Whip Antennas to expand the performance of the Alpha Moto.

3. Detach it from the car, and use the afore mentioned 13 foot whip, and the Alpha's Stainless Steel Quick Release Jaw Clamp-On Antenna Mount, and your ready for Field Day!

The customer service at Alpha Antenna cannot be beat! They will make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase and answer all of your questions.

Check out this video to see the Alpha Moto Installation & First Contact https://youtu.be/JE_lBcubmck

VE9GC Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2015 11:33 Send this review to a friend
    Surprised - pleasantly  Time owned: more than 12 months
    I purchased this antenna over a year ago and it sat tucked away. It is the older style MOTO, thoughI don't think that makes any difference. I have used many different mobile antennas over the years, Hustler, TarHeel, Larry's and have had varying sucess. When I decided to get back into HF mobile, I was looking for something that would cover most bands without switching coils, leader wire and though I loved my Larry's Antenna Little Shorty I wanted something a little smaller and less obtrusive. I use an Alph Jr for my portable operations so thought I would try this mobile antenna.

I've had the antenna installed on the trunk of my car using a Comet 850 mount with a ground strap to the body. I'm currently running a TS-480SAT and have been pleasantly surprised at the results. While traveling around the local area I have been able to work into the southern US, Caribbean,Portugal, Austria, Ukraine and a few others on 20 metres, Norway on 17M all with decent signal reports. It hears quite well as I heard VK2AS on 40 the other morning. Wasn't able to work him though I did give a couple of calls just to see.

It doesn't compare to my base station antennas, but I didn't expect it to. As everyone else seems to state - it works.

The SWR is always low using the internal tuner on the TS-480SAT. It even manages a match on 160 and 80, though I doubt I would be heard more than 10 feet away.

The whip does move around alot and I have to be very careful when opening the trunk so as not to scratch up the car as the whip flops about.

Would I buy it again? Simple answer - yes.

K7TXO Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 07:31 Send this review to a friend
    VERY impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    During a long drive to the office last night, I turned on the TS-2000 w/RC-2000 remote head, Speech Process OFF and the rig set to 95 watts. Antenna of course was my Moto antenna with all of this setup in my JEEP JK. The Moto is mounted on the top of a 3 foot pipe with the base of the antenna just above the JEEP's composite plastic hard top. I use the TS-2k's internal AT tuner which at least from an SWR viewpoint, provides a great match on the HF bands. Right away on 20 meters while I am driving, I found a pileup with K8N Special Event station operating from the summit of Brockway Mountain in MICHIGAN. The pileup was rather intense, including the usual guys running too much Processor and no doubt some with too much transciever power into amplifiers and most from base stations where even a badly setup antenna can still be better than a mobile. And of course the occasional operators that try to obliterate everyone else by announcing themselves multiple times. I managed to make contact and with a few repeat statements, a successful QSO logged on both sides. Mobile @ 95 watts with a relatively itty bitty antenna compared to everyone else, traveling at 65mph with approximately 1,330 miles between the two of us. Impressive. Very impressive. No moving parts to keep tinkering with like my old screwdriver. Not much "wire" in the air and no counterpoise while in motion so of course not the strongest signal out there. Nailed it.

VK3HOT Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2015 01:05 Send this review to a friend
    Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    Ordered this off the Internet, painless transaction, email arrived immediately advising that unit would be hand made and despatched soon. Arrived via mail less than three weeks later, played around with mobile location but needed to work on the bracketry, so just for fun I bolted it to the fence post and ran a ground wire to the house fence, ran coax to the shack and fired up the Icom and first QSO was with an OM station on 20m with a 5/5 report! Like I said impressed so far will write another review when I go mobile in a while. Thanks Steve! Great service and product.

W9RDL Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2015 12:08 Send this review to a friend
    On my big rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    Mounted my Alpha Moto on the headache rack (where the chains hang behind the cab) at about 13 feet high. Antenna is mated to a Yaesu FT 817 and LDG Z11 tuner. I routinely make contacts 1000 miles and better using only 5 watts.

KD8KOR Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 14:34 Send this review to a friend
    Works !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
    Installed antenna on the bed edge of my f-350 truck with horrible results.so I took it off and was using a ham stick on a magnet mount , I was telling a fellow ham about the antenna and he told me to mount it on the front . so I tried it there and it works excellent , I have no idea why it didn't work on the truck bed??? I give it a 5

NN4E Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2014 17:05 Send this review to a friend
    Very good mobile antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
    I bought this based on reviews here and the desire to have a single antenna for 40-10 and not mess with a screwdriver or change hamsticks which was my original plan. I used this on a 1300 mile road trip with excellent results mounted with a comet lip mount on the trucks read door edge.(not advised by MFG but worked for me) and it worked well. I even made some contacts on 60M while driving 70MPH across PA. All in all I think this warrants a serious look if you want a simple antenna.

WB1EZK Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2014 16:39 Send this review to a friend
    Very satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
    The Alpha MOTO only took me 15 minutes to install. I took my car for a test drive and I can't tell you how happy I was. The Alpha MOTO beat all my expectations. I am overwhelmed. I have been looking for such an antenna for a long time. Steve must be a genius. It tunes on all the bands. A big thank you very much to Steve and his team for the Alpha MOTO antenna.