Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Maple Leaf Studio Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Maple Leaf Studio Antennas
Maple Leaf Studio Antennas Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $85.00
Description: Various types of HF wire antennas & accessories. Nice retail store on eBay.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/maple-leaf-studio-antennas

You can write your own review of the Maple Leaf Studio Antennas.

N2XPM Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2017 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Still Going Delivering Great DX  Time owned: more than 12 months
Further to an earlier post, this mini G5RV 10-40M antenna is performing great. I have been able to make upwards of 6K mile DX contacts with 100watts in a Inverted V configuration at 25 feet.

Great bang for the Buck. This antenna is a great performer....You will be very happy with this purchase.

Checkout my log on QRZ.com

Artie de N2XPM

WA2LXB Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2016 20:09 Send this review to a friend
No complaints  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
RigExpert AA-600 SWR readings spanning the GENERAL phone bands only (MHz/SWR): 3.8/3.0,4./4.0...7.175/1.8, 7.300/2.8...14.225/1.7, 14.350/2.0...24.930/1.75, 24.990/1.8...28.3/1.5, 29.7/3.0...18.110/1.8, 18.168/2.0...50.1/1.2, 54/2.4.

160M/11.0, 30M/7.0, 60M/9.0, 15M/4.0...all out-of-band unless one drops the OCF to a sloper or vee and maybe gets lucky with 15M...keeping E and H angles to 110 and 90 degrees max, respectively...as I've read for OCF.

Low end of the 80M band @ 3500 is 1.5 SWR. I consider this antenna to be good without a tuner for 80 through 6 as advertised, with caveats for the low end on 80M and 10M but not useful for 30M, 60M or 15M...although 15M might be salvageable with a sloper configuration and a good tuner.

Very good receive, if not a little noisy with the vertical radiator. South Africa, Europe, Japan and Australia with an E-W strung antenna at 45 feet.

Do yourself a favor and waterproof everything with 3M 130C tape and 3M liquid electrical tape.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2015 22:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm using the 117' QSO-King with my IC706MKIIG radio, Ameritron ALS-500M amplifier, and LDG AT-600Pro Autotuner for a seamless all-band HF station that works very well. The coax end of the antenna is only up about 25' and then it slopes down to about 18' on the other end. Also, with only 25 watts on JT-65 or JT-9 I'm global. If I could only have one antenna to put-up, this would be it.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2015 12:01 Send this review to a friend
ZS6BKW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have not had this antenna up long, but am already falling in love with it, It just works well on bands tested. On 75m it worked great against a resonate dipole, with weak incoming signals the antennas are very close with little back ground noise even when the band was going out, good sign for a antenna being tested. This ZS6BKW uses a good grade 300 ohm fed line stub that is 36' long, this antenna matches better on 75m than a ZS6BKW that uses 450 ohm LL for its matching stub. The antenna tuner in most HF radios will match this antenna easer than a 450 ohm LL fed for the ZS6BKW. Good weak signal antenna for 75m in the summer months. Antenna went up quick with out a hitch, a plesent suprise, working Wonderfully.............kb6hrt

KC1ACL Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2014 08:44 Send this review to a friend
80 meter ocd  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
all I can say is wow, this antenna is amazing!! I recently bought this antenna and the vertical radiator. I can hear signals that I didn't know were out there.i just got my general license and am waiting for the fcc now.i hope other people read the reviews on this antenna.amazing,73s

K1PJR Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2013 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Nice Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got back into the hobby after a 40 year absence. I wasn't sure what type of antenna I wanted so I spent $85 for the 120 ft end fed long wire so I could just get on the air. I am very happy with the antenna. I've logged over 20 countries and many states. I've also had pretty good success getting through pile ups. Mostly 59's so far. I also purchased their choke which is attached at the feed point if my tuner. No RF in the shack. I use a Palstar differential tune and I can tune 1:1 from 160-6.
It's not the best antenna but it is very effective for $85.

I spoke to Bruce a few times regarding SWR and he always called me back ASAP. Very stealthy also. Highly recommended.

KF5WFL Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2013 17:35 Send this review to a friend
QSO King and G5RV mini  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I just got relicensed in July after a layoff of 20 years. Need a hobby for retirement. Bought a TS520 that I drooled over in the 80s, and realized the house I own now has no room for a vertical (loved my Butternut HF5V)due to the incoming power running smack across the middle of the back yard. Decided to give a dipole a try and settled on the Maple Leaf Mini (46 ft) G5RV. I put it up in the attic and it works pretty well and got me some nice reports. I decided I needed something running N-S as well as E-W, so I went back to Bruce and ordered an end fed 59' QSO King with a 12 turn choke I made up. Put it up at about 20' and wow, the noise level fell off dramatically and I could really hear. I don't know if the G5RV suffered from the attic or not, but I am moving it outside at 90 degrees from the QSO King. This sure looks like it's gonna be the answer for my power line challenged yard. On top of all this, the antennas are well made and the service is really quick. Winner!

WZ3O Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2013 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Quality, price, funtionality..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the ZS6BKW / G5RV Multi-band Antenna Antenna that is 90' long making a bit easier to hang in tighter spaces.

It's up abt 25' flat topped with the twin lead perpendicular to the ground except for the last 5 ft or so which is parallel to the ground before it enters this shack.

This is the best height I could obtain, and with this "odd" arrangement I'm DXing from 3 land into Antarctic, Japan, all over Europe, S America, occasional VK & ZL etc.

So I'm not messing with success unless Mother Nature decides to move it from the trees....

K4GHR Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2012 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna that Performs Very Well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased a "QSO King" end fed dipole and have found it to be very easy to use and performs well in contacts around the world. I liked the first one so much I bought another and now have them mounted at about 90 degrees to each other. Works all bands as advertised. Pics at my QRZ site.

The end-fed design is very convenient for placing the feed-line end close to the house and the other end in a distant tree.

Well built, great product.

Brent / K4GHR

KA5USN Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2012 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Rapid delivery. Excellent instructions. Great customer service.

I purchased a 53 ft. EasyTenna. I could not be more pleased with price and performance.
I've made phonecontacts all over North and South America, as well as Europe, Africa, Western Russia, & the Baltic countries.

All this with 100 watts and the EasyTenna, which is 60 ft up as a horizontal dipole and with 175 ft of direct bury Co-ax.