Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Maple Leaf Studio Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Maple Leaf Studio Antennas
Maple Leaf Studio Antennas Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $85.00
Description: Various types of HF wire antennas & accessories. Nice retail store on eBay.
More info: http://stores.ebay.com/maple-leaf-studio-antennas

You can write your own review of the Maple Leaf Studio Antennas.

W0PY Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2012 19:16 Send this review to a friend
80-6m OCF Dipole - Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Attention to detail is obvious, nice weather-proof construction. Easily hung in inverted vee configuration. Flat SWR on all bands; 160 easily tuned. Highest recommendation! W0PY

WD9GNG Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2012 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the 80-6 OCF with vertical element. I have had it up for a couple weeks and it works great.

AC5RH Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2012 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the OCF Dipole/Windom - 80-6 meters / Ham Antenna / 2 KW with the vertical radiator. It works just as described, and I would recommend this antenna. Since I have a hybrid rig I have made solid contacts on 15 meters.

W5TTW Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2012 05:05 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the 66’ 6-40 OCF for over a year. It is currently mounted at 32’ in an inverted V. It is a solid performer and I wouldn’t hesitate to replace it.
My SWR without a tuner is as follows:
6M 1.1-1
10M 1.2-1
20M 1.1-1
40M 1.9-1
Bruce offers very high quality products and great communication via phone and e-mail.

K8GVK Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2012 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an antenna system made and sold by Maple Leaf Studio Antennas. Bruce, NU0R has many models marketed on E-Bay. I purchased the 80-6 OCF Windom ($88.00)and received it within 3 days.

It is completely assembled and as simple as attaching your coax feed and raising it in the air.
Construction is quality. The balun is well weather sealed and light in weight so easy to suspend using RG8X. The 135 foot antenna wire is coated 14 gauge and attached to the baluns eye bolts. No connections are exposed to weather.

The performance is impressive. This antenna exhibits low SWR across the bands and no tuner is needed. I have it installed at 35 foot.
The highest SWR I saw was at the top of 40 and 20 meters at just over 2:1. 80 meters is 1.4:1 at 3.5 and climbs to 2.5:1 at 4.0. Less that 1.3:1 across 17, 12 &10....not designed for 30 or 15 meters...those bands exibit out of range match and resonances. There is a add on kit for 15 meters however.

As for contacts, I have made several on 6 meters when its open. Sudan no problem on 17 meters and I seem to work the DX I hear on 20 & 40. It's not a multi-element yagi, however for a wire system, I give it a 10!

Comparative testing against my 40 meter inverted Vee finds reporting stations giving this antenna 1S unit better on average.
Now will it handle power? YES. I put 1.3 KW into it on 20, 17 and 40 just to test it and saw no signs of balun heating. It just seems to sit there and take it. The Balun is rated at 2KW SSB.

There are lower power models as well as some end fed systems available from Maple Leaf but for sheer quality vs price vs performance, this is a winner for me. It survived the harsh Michigan winter without problem. Buy It!

K1TWH Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2012 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Well built antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased a 160M version of the G5RV from Maple Leaf more than a year ago & I found it to be well built of quality materials. It proved to be durable suspended in the trees of southern New Hampshire. Performed as advertised and I'd buy from them again any time.

KB8NTY Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2012 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Professional Friendly Service! Quality Products!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OCF Dipole/Windom - 80-6 meters / Ham Antenna / 2 KW
Service: Be assured you will receive the best available. Bruce & Ruth stand behind their products 100%!
Shipping: You will experience some of the fastest shipping available, very properly packaged as well!
Quality: Maple Leaf uses only the higest quality of components, resulting in a long lasting product!
Performanance: My personal experience with their 80-6 meter OCF Windom. This antenna was a band opener. Able to produce contacts on what appeared to otherwise be a dead band! Very quiet on receive! SWR out of box, without any tuner was as follows: 80M, 2-1, 40M, 1.4-1, 30M, 4-1, 20M, 1.6-1, 17M, 1-1, 15M, 3.1-1, 12M, 1.3-1, 10M, 2.2-1. I am able to operate on all HF bands without the use of a lossy tuner! If you are looking for a general use all band antenna. The 80-6 meter OCF Windom from Maple Leaf Studio is the way to go. I would recommend to anyone!
Hey even the legendary Joe Walsh WB6ACU has purchased from Maple Leaf Studio Antennas!