Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | X-TronicTM 4000 Series - Model #4040 Help

Reviews Summary for X-TronicTM 4000 Series - Model #4040
X-TronicTM 4000 Series - Model #4040 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $129.80
Description: 2 in 1 Digital Hot Air Rework & Soldering Iron Station
More info: http://www.xtronicusa.com

You can write your own review of the X-TronicTM 4000 Series - Model #4040.

W8LV Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2012 14:29 Send this review to a friend
HONEST ABE of the Soldering World!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WOW! I looked real long and hard at my budget before making the decision to bring myself into the twenty first century soldering wise, and finally start working with Surface Mount Devices, as I started out working with vacuum tubes. We always had a “Walla” on our bench in the way back when time, and I remember my Dad having a “Walla” too. But “Walla”, you can’t just rest on your laurels, know what I mean? Walla was just plum out of the running. We move on…

While no Japanese company was harmed in the making of this review, the name of the other company will be changed to protect the guilty. If you look around, you will see very expensive sets made by the "Hacka" company. Now, if you have about $250 US dollars, you can get a nice digital read out “Hacka” soldering station. Add to this a “Hacka” rework station for about $1300 US dollars, and for your grand total of about $1550 US dollars, you will have a nice setup. OR you can go with the X-tronic 4040 for LESS THAN $140 US dollars! I decided to give it a go, so taking a gamble, I purchased this via Amazon.com. With a mouse click and a prayer, I sent my money in the general direction of China by way of Lincoln, Nebraska.

It shipped in just a few days. All I can say is what a wonderful hot air/soldering station! It works with absolutely no problems, and as they say (in Lincoln) FOURTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS saved is FOURTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS earned! Plus, you get all the spare parts that come with it, with MORE spare parts available, PLUS that nifty little lighted magnifying lamp! SPARE SOLDERING TIPS are available from the company. You just MIGHT find that some of those "Hacka" "T"ips (not QUITE a typo there… ;-)) will fit this rig, I don't actually own any "Hacka" “T” ips, so I was not able to confirm this for 100% sure.

Considering that it ALREADY comes WITH spare parts, I doubt I am going to need any soon anyhow, but none the less to make sure, I called the company after I found their number on Amazon.com in the comment section (402)742-2586, since they don't have a web site up and running as of yet and found the proprietor of X-tronic and the Mercantile Station, Jim Seko was happy to answer my questions concerning spare parts, including spare tips directly available (and for less than those "Hacka" (T)ips (hehheh), by the way...)

I am VERY PLEASED to have made this purchase.

DE BILL W8LV