Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000 Pro II Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000 Pro II
LDG AT-1000 Pro II Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $539.00
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000Pro, LDG Electronics has refined and
expanded its flagship 1KW tuner. The new AT-1000ProII keeps many of the
same features of the previous model, but simplifies the operation. With the
two position antenna switch there are 2,000 memories that store tuning
parameters for almost instantaneous memory recall whenever you transmit on
or near a frequency you’ve used before. Just key and it tunes! The AT-
1000ProII will operate at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak RF
input.

The AT-1000ProII has a large, easy to read bargraph with two selectable scale
ranges (100 and 1,000 watts) as well as SWR meter. The AT-1000ProII will
interface with many popular transceivers, enabling their TUNE button to
control the AT-1000ProII’s operation. Dedicated control buttons allow you to
fine-tune capacitance and inductance on those rare occasions when the AT-
1000ProII can’t find a perfect match by itself.

The AT-1000ProII will tune from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz continuously, and will
match an amazing range of antennas, from Yagis and dipoles to inverted-Vs
and slopers; virtually any coax-fed antenna from 6 to 1000 ohms impedance
(16 – 150 ohms on 6 meters). Tuning time is usually under 10 seconds. If
you’re transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, it will set
those parameters in under 0.2 seconds. Longwires or antennas fed with
ladder line require an external balun.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/17/67/1

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000 Pro II.

K9TWO Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2014 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this tuner a few weeks ago to use with my Zero Five 43 foot vertical which I converted to an inverted L configuration. I use it with my FTDX-3000 and my Al- 811 amp. I have a great Palstar tuner but I guess I am getting lazy and wanted something faster and easier. I also bought the external meter and am sure glad I did, it's great. I have a At- 200 Pro tuner which is super so I had no doubts on this 1000 watt unit.,Sure am happy with it.

73 K9TWO. Since 1959

N7WR Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2014 19:29 Send this review to a friend
XLNT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this with the companion M-1000 meter recently and though I do not need it on some bands and some antennas I use it in bypass mode to monitor my peak output. Where I do need it as a tuner it does very well with my wire antennas and vertical. Don't need it with my yagi. Quite fast, remembers previous settings, and works well with my AL 811H

NG0Z Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this auto-tuner for current and future power output needs as I don't have an amp yet. I use it with a brand new Icom 7600 with the interface cord and the two work flawlessly together with my Princeton G5RV and my custom NI4L 200' dipole antenna. I am a new ham which means I am very active and love to switch bands and the LDG has been worked hard and I've had no issues with it.

It would be nice to be able to clear the 4000 memories if I make an antenna change but I suspect the unit overwrites the new antennas settings on a given frequency but that is speculation on my part.

I would recommend this unit.

NG0Z

WA3HVR Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice product!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just have it for a few days, but I have put it through its paces on all bands from 80-10 and 3 antennas. It does just what it has to and is very easy to use. Once it tunes a frequency, it saves to memory and then tunes instantly. It does not replace my old Ten-Tec 229 which will tune flat almost everywhere, but the speed and ease of the LDG AT 1000 pro ll makes it a great addition to my shack. Also, the company answers e- mail questions very promptly. I hope to have this for many years.

W5LRU Rating: 4/5 Apr 11, 2014 08:48 Send this review to a friend
Static  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love the performance of the PROII-1000 from a tuner standpoint but have a lot of extra noise/static added to my Kenwood 940SAT whenever I turn on the Tuner. With it off for example I am looking at noise level of S2-3 but turning it on the static/noise level jumps to S6-7. This completely covers the station I was listening to and trying to work. I have run ground from the receiver to the tuner and my Ameritron AL-811. The Amp is turned off and I can't seem to find the cause of this noise. I emailed LDG but was told that my Ultimate DX was one of the nosiest antenna for HF but same antenna doesn't produce this noise with the LDG unit turned off. Does anyone have any idea/suggestions for eliminating or minimizing this static/noise? Other than the noise I am experiencing I would give it a 5 for sure.

K1PMA Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tuner for use with sub 1KW amps.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Not cheap but works really well. Only issue was in the beginning after I set it up and some of the functions were not quite clear to me. Left a msg with LDG; got a call back from the same day and that took care of it. Really like the fact that you can hook up 2 antennas and it acts like a switch. No issues what so ever with my FTDX3000. Recommended.

WA3UOO Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2013 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Tumer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The AT-1000Pro II was my first venture into the world of auto-tuners for any band. It did not disappoint. After unpacking and connecting to the rig and antenna system, an R7 vertical, I had no problems learning to use this very well designed and built product. I took the time to watch the LDG videos posted on You Tube as a quick guide to basic and advanced use. After some time with that I found the unit pretty easy to use. The manual is well written and easy to understand. I was impressed with the speed at which this thing can match my R7. It does just what I expected and does it well. I also bought the M-1000 optional meter designed specifically for use with the tuner. When comparing it to the bar graph display and the built in metering on my FT-950, I consider it accurate in the average and PEP power measuring functions. My only complaint does not have to do with the tuner, rather the meter. When set to operate in the PEP power measurement model the needle hang time has a very pronounced delay between sampling periods. This makes using a pulser style amplifier tuning aid nearly impossible to use effectively. That said, I resorted to tuning the amplifier using a steady carrier and the M-1000 in average power measurement mode. I had no trouble getting the amp tuned using this more conventional method.

WR3KI Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent auto tuner   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I only use this tuner to touch up my 160 meter band vertical antenna, as I move around the band.
65 foot vertical, with a coil shunt to ground at base. The tuner Works great & handles power.
The assy meter is fantastic, great color & accurate. I cant be more pleased with the product.

KA2UUP Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2013 12:57 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Initial impressions are that the tuner works as advetised. Be sure to read the directions. I have mine workinh with an ICOM IC-746 (non-pro). Works very well either with the built-in tune button or the radio's tune button. I ahve mine working with a MFJ-1798 and Cushcraft MA5B Minibeam. I was surrpised that the tuner could tune the 160 meter band on the MFJ-1798, even though the antenna is not designed for that frequency. Be sure to get the proper connecting cable. The external LDG big meter is a plus and very accurate, with the features for SWR, peak and average power. Unit is noisy at the beginning but, once it finds a tuning match or you operate close to a frequency already in memory, it makes seamless and automated operation of your station a breeze.

WB4IVF Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2013 12:08 Send this review to a friend
Update of my previous review  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
In June my LDG-1000 ProII was damaged by a very close lightning strike, which also damaged a lot of our other electronic equipment. I shipped the tuner to LDG, which informed me it was not repairable. LDG made an offer of a new unit at a VERY substantial discount to the current market price. I accepted the offer, got my new tuner, and am back in business. Their customer service is tops as far as I'm concerned!

BTW, as I mentioned before I have the optional M-1000 analog meter. It allows you to easily change power scale and peak/avg. power settings at the touch of a button, without having to remember and toggle thru selections via the Function and other buttons on the tuner. It also allows you to select reverse power display. I originally bought the external meter just because of its large size and the fact that I like analog meters, so these are additional but very appreciated benefits.