Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000 Pro II Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000 Pro II
LDG AT-1000 Pro II Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $539.00
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000Pro, LDG Electronics has refined and
expanded its flagship 1KW tuner. The new AT-1000ProII keeps many of the
same features of the previous model, but simplifies the operation. With the
two position antenna switch there are 2,000 memories that store tuning
parameters for almost instantaneous memory recall whenever you transmit on
or near a frequency you’ve used before. Just key and it tunes! The AT-
1000ProII will operate at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak RF
input.

The AT-1000ProII has a large, easy to read bargraph with two selectable scale
ranges (100 and 1,000 watts) as well as SWR meter. The AT-1000ProII will
interface with many popular transceivers, enabling their TUNE button to
control the AT-1000ProII’s operation. Dedicated control buttons allow you to
fine-tune capacitance and inductance on those rare occasions when the AT-
1000ProII can’t find a perfect match by itself.

The AT-1000ProII will tune from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz continuously, and will
match an amazing range of antennas, from Yagis and dipoles to inverted-Vs
and slopers; virtually any coax-fed antenna from 6 to 1000 ohms impedance
(16 – 150 ohms on 6 meters). Tuning time is usually under 10 seconds. If
you’re transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, it will set
those parameters in under 0.2 seconds. Longwires or antennas fed with
ladder line require an external balun.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/17/67/1

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000 Pro II.

N4COB Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the autotuner to replace a manual tuner that I've owned for years. I got tired of having to turn knobs and rollers to switch between bands. The 1000proII has works like a charm tuning 2 antennas and handling with ease 1 kw from my Ameritron AL-80B. Should have bought is sooner!

KD5RVO Rating: 4/5 Oct 23, 2014 17:05 Send this review to a friend
So far, so good.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this tuner on a 135 ft. center fed doublet. It is a bit finicky on the higher bands with this antenna but usually always finds an acceptable tune anywhere I want to go. I have been feeding it up to the full rated 1kw and it hasn't had any problems. Much easier than a manual tuner. I'll report back after using it for a while about how it holds up.

N4ZAW Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2014 22:46 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I concur with Robert on everything he stated... Including advising the buyer to just buy the meter WITH it, thus saving yourself the extra shipping costs, because you WILL be wanting it after you've operated the tuner for the first time. NOT that you need it at all, but it is just so way-cool. It adds a new dimension of 'ergonomic' functionality and convenience for what it costs.

I recently bought a used LDG ATG-100pro from a friend for my mobile, and really liked it. I had been running an MFJ Versa tuner IV on the base. It werked fine, but I wanted to have the convenience of an autotuner. Problem was, my 'cheesy amplifier' would fry that little AT-100. The 1000proII performs just like it's AT-100pro baby brother! And it doesn't "drag it's feet" either, with EXTREMELY-SWIFT tuning. And once you've tuned your favorite freq once, it is faster than blinking whenever you return.
If you are familiar with the AT100pro menu, you're ready to rock with the AT1000proII, but that brings me to my only complaints;
The operations menu learning-curve, and "SWR presets" function. Yes, it WILL swiftly autotune to the preset you chose -- but the lowest SWR preset is 1:1.7, which is just too high for my liking. However, once it tunes to that point, manually "bumping" it lower is a piece of cake. And it then memorizes THAT setting. Outside of the menu/presets deal, this thing is a real bargain for great performance. Though I've only had it for 4 months, I will gladly live with that silly preset issue, and I'll update this review if n when I have any other issues with it. After operating it per instructions for a while, (about two hours total in my low-IQ case), the menu DOES eventually become a 'no-brainer'.

KI4DHB Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2014 08:38 Send this review to a friend
A great buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I initially thought that I would purchase a manual tuner for my other new purchase, a ACOM 1010 amplifier. However after talking to Gary at HRO in Phoenix, I decided on the LDG ProII. Ended up ordering the meter 2 days later. Get the entire package. I have it hooked up to my Icom 746Pro, and it does the job, time after time. LDG's customer service also is another plus from what I have been told by other amateurs.

K4ASZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2014 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I had and wrote a review on the 600 PROII tuner and was great but then I ended up getting a deal on a Ameritron 811H amp so had to keep under 600 watts so I ordered the 1000 PRO II.
This one seems to tune faster than my 600 did and also has a bigger spread on the band once tuned . And now I am able to get 700 watts very comfortably with the tuner and amp combo .
Very happy with the purchase and will be selling the 600 now but might even keep it for a backup for a while not sure ..
K4

AK9S Rating: 4/5 Aug 16, 2014 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Fatal Design Flaw?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with the positive posted comments concerning the performance of this auto tuner.

However, there appears to be an inherent design flaw with this unit.

If the DC power to the tuner is accidentally disconnected, or your external power supply goes into fault mode, fails entirely, or your neighborhood experiences a general power failure, the tuner will revert to bypass mode.

What does this mean?

If you are running an expensive amplifier, it may see significant SWR's and become damaged, unless it has SWR protection. Same for your rig.

The design of this auto tuner should have been provisioned so that the last used tuning settings remain in effect during power failures.

K9TWO Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2014 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this tuner a few weeks ago to use with my Zero Five 43 foot vertical which I converted to an inverted L configuration. I use it with my FTDX-3000 and my Al- 811 amp. I have a great Palstar tuner but I guess I am getting lazy and wanted something faster and easier. I also bought the external meter and am sure glad I did, it's great. I have a At- 200 Pro tuner which is super so I had no doubts on this 1000 watt unit.,Sure am happy with it.

73 K9TWO. Since 1959

N7WR Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2014 19:29 Send this review to a friend
XLNT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this with the companion M-1000 meter recently and though I do not need it on some bands and some antennas I use it in bypass mode to monitor my peak output. Where I do need it as a tuner it does very well with my wire antennas and vertical. Don't need it with my yagi. Quite fast, remembers previous settings, and works well with my AL 811H

NG0Z Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2014 10:50 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this auto-tuner for current and future power output needs as I don't have an amp yet. I use it with a brand new Icom 7600 with the interface cord and the two work flawlessly together with my Princeton G5RV and my custom NI4L 200' dipole antenna. I am a new ham which means I am very active and love to switch bands and the LDG has been worked hard and I've had no issues with it.

It would be nice to be able to clear the 4000 memories if I make an antenna change but I suspect the unit overwrites the new antennas settings on a given frequency but that is speculation on my part.

I would recommend this unit.

NG0Z

WA3HVR Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Nice product!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just have it for a few days, but I have put it through its paces on all bands from 80-10 and 3 antennas. It does just what it has to and is very easy to use. Once it tunes a frequency, it saves to memory and then tunes instantly. It does not replace my old Ten-Tec 229 which will tune flat almost everywhere, but the speed and ease of the LDG AT 1000 pro ll makes it a great addition to my shack. Also, the company answers e- mail questions very promptly. I hope to have this for many years.