Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-1000 Pro II Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-1000 Pro II
LDG AT-1000 Pro II Reviews: 35 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $539.00
Description: Building on the success of the AT-1000Pro, LDG Electronics has refined and
expanded its flagship 1KW tuner. The new AT-1000ProII keeps many of the
same features of the previous model, but simplifies the operation. With the
two position antenna switch there are 2,000 memories that store tuning
parameters for almost instantaneous memory recall whenever you transmit on
or near a frequency you’ve used before. Just key and it tunes! The AT-
1000ProII will operate at any power level between 5 and 1,000 watts peak RF
input.

The AT-1000ProII has a large, easy to read bargraph with two selectable scale
ranges (100 and 1,000 watts) as well as SWR meter. The AT-1000ProII will
interface with many popular transceivers, enabling their TUNE button to
control the AT-1000ProII’s operation. Dedicated control buttons allow you to
fine-tune capacitance and inductance on those rare occasions when the AT-
1000ProII can’t find a perfect match by itself.

The AT-1000ProII will tune from 1.8 to 54.0 MHz continuously, and will
match an amazing range of antennas, from Yagis and dipoles to inverted-Vs
and slopers; virtually any coax-fed antenna from 6 to 1000 ohms impedance
(16 – 150 ohms on 6 meters). Tuning time is usually under 10 seconds. If
you’re transmitting near a frequency with stored tuning parameters, it will set
those parameters in under 0.2 seconds. Longwires or antennas fed with
ladder line require an external balun.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/17/67/1

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-1000 Pro II.

AB6ME Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2016 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Great auto tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this tuner when my MFJ998 tuner quit working after 5 months, but that's another story (see my review of MFJ998). I purchased this with the analog meter which I recommend anyone that buys this tuner should do. The combination works great and I am extremely happy with the LDG AT-1000 Pro II tuner. It works perfectly with my 811H amplifier and IC7410 transceiver. My only regret is that I didn't buy this before the MFJ998. Would have saved me $700.

K4QET Rating: 2/5 Jun 13, 2016 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Rather use a manual  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have no idea of what all those buttons do; sometimes it seems to work and other times not, I have little control over this $400 thing. This is by no means automatic, it does all sorts of things you don't want it to do or don't know what it is doing.

I prefer a manual tuner; duh, you tune to the right setting, no mystery.

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2015 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Does What It's Supposed to Do!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Okay... I purchased this little gem to use with my Kenwood, TS-480HX. This is my vacation, camping and light weight tuner that I carry along when camping or traveling on the road. First of all, it does what it say it will do. I've have no complaints other than I wish it had a digital display other than LED lights. If that's the only ding, I'm already over it. I've owned this tuner for a little over one year. I do admit that I only use it when out camping or with recreational use, I love this little box. I have used it tuning our of an Ameritron, AL-572 along with my Power Master watt meter, registering 1,200K during tunes. However, I highly advise against it for the sake of the tuner. No smoke... Perfect 1:1 SWR after the tune. I just wanted to see what this little box would handle. It took the punch flawlessly! LDG has a winner her in my opinion. The AT-1000 PRO II does the job! So if you're looking for something small, light and dependable, get one of these. You won't be sorry. Very simple operation and priced very well.

KA1ILH Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2015 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Power limits  Time owned: more than 12 months
If there was a 4.9 I would give it that. The tuner is a great tuner but has power limits especially on RTTY. I actually burned mine up because it switched to tune while in RTTY.
It works great but do not put a remote multi antenna switch on its ports. When it memorizes the setting for one frequency and you switch to another antenna on the remote switch it gets really confused and takes forever to tune.
But for folks running 600-800 watts this is a great buy.
Service is fantastic.. sent me the inductor/ferrite free and the repairs fixed it FB.

KA2UUP Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Works great with Icom IC-746  Time owned: more than 12 months
Almost 2 years and it works very well. It has brought down the workload considerably. No more knob turning.

VA3ITB Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2015 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I recently received a LDG 1000 proII from a friends estate. When I brought the tuner home I heard something rattling inside. I opened it up and found a few burnt components. I first contacted LDG and sent pictures. I was told it looked beyond repair. Looking deeper into it I realized I could repair it. I sent LDG an email with the part numbers and description of the parts. I called them and they say they had the parts available and they would just send them to me. The tuner was out of warranty and they sent them to me free of charge to Canada.I installed them and had to do a trace repair. The tuners works amazingly. Little learning curve but after it learns the band it tunes in no time.I have it hooked up to a ft-2000 /Yaesu quatra 1200 watts with a dipole on 80 .Love this unit, great customer service. I have also owned there 100 watt models and also works like a charm. The Question remaining,I know is what happened to the LDG-1000 proII for it to originally blow up. I believe it was not a fault of the tuner but rather operating under failing health issues. By the way Thanks LDG for all your help.

W2NER Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2015 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Best tuner I ever had!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had many tuners both manual and auto tuners, from MFJ to Palstar. This is by far the best I have had bar none. I have been able to tune any antenna I put on it with no problems at all. I have their IT-100 as well, same results. Do yourself a favor, get one!!

KD2BMX Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2015 07:25 Send this review to a friend
Good Results 2 Years and Counting  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the LDG AT-1000 ProII for over 2 years and it has worked flawlessly. I use it with a G5RV 10M to 80M Wire Antenna and it tunes the SWR to 1:1 on all bands.
The memory tune feature is a real time saver when switching bands.
I also purchased the LDG M-1000 Analog Meter to use in conjunction with the tuner and am happy with its performance also. This allows me to set the meter on the LDG tuner on the Average setting and the M-1000 on Peak setting.
The LDG techs are also very helpful in answering any operating questions you may have.

N4COB Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 05:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased the autotuner to replace a manual tuner that I've owned for years. I got tired of having to turn knobs and rollers to switch between bands. The 1000proII has works like a charm tuning 2 antennas and handling with ease 1 kw from my Ameritron AL-80B. Should have bought is sooner!

KD5RVO Rating: 4/5 Oct 23, 2014 17:05 Send this review to a friend
So far, so good.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use this tuner on a 135 ft. center fed doublet. It is a bit finicky on the higher bands with this antenna but usually always finds an acceptable tune anywhere I want to go. I have been feeding it up to the full rated 1kw and it hasn't had any problems. Much easier than a manual tuner. I'll report back after using it for a while about how it holds up.