Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Commercial/Military/Marine adaptable to ham use | Barrett 2090 manpack transceiver Help

Reviews Summary for Barrett 2090 manpack transceiver
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description:
The 2090 is a rugged and exceptionally specified HF manpack with all the
features available from the traditional manpack suppliers.
The 2090 manpack is equipped with a fully automatic antenna tuner
allowing the deployment of a full range of whip and static antennas.
Configuring the 2090 is simple using an intuitive Windows based
programming system through the auxiliary socket.
More info: http://www.barrettcommunications.com.au/publications/2090Manpack/files/2090_hf_manpack_transceiver_aa_2.pdf

You can write your own review of the Barrett 2090 manpack transceiver.

SCUBA Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2016 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Light Years ahead of any Ham Class Transceiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,
I had the honor of using the Barrett 2090 and 2050 at work, both are way way way ahead of the top of the line ham class transceivers. Both the 2090 and 2050, in my opinion, are superior to and more for the money than the Elbit-Micom 3R and the Harris 150. Having been a user of both the state-of-the-art radios, the Elbit-Micom 3R and the Harris 150, my vote goes to Barrett, for all capabilities, and mind blowing superiority over all ham radios.
I'm not a Barrett stockholder, I just wish I had a 2090 or 2050 to call my own.

NX5MK Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 20:53 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Allow me to only give you an initial impression at this time, as I still have to work on a complete review. The 2090 is an outstanding transceiver in every aspect. The included tuner tunes a wet noodle. The controls are extremely user frindly. Signal reports are all thumbs up. Customer care is outstanding. The digital connection to my MacBook Pro using the US Interface Navigator works like a charm. Allow me some time for a detailed description of my experience. I will update this review ASAP.
vy 73 de Marcus KD0JKM