Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | KR5L Enterprises Amplifier Input & Relay Switch Model KE-ARS38 Help

Reviews Summary for KR5L Enterprises Amplifier Input & Relay Switch Model KE-ARS38
KR5L Enterprises Amplifier Input & Relay Switch Model KE-ARS38 Reviews: 15 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: Amplifier Input RF & Relay Switch Box. Switch any one of six
HF Rigs with any two HF Amplifiers. Will take up to 200W
input.
More info: http://www.kr5l.com

You can write your own review of the KR5L Enterprises Amplifier Input & Relay Switch Model KE-ARS38.

K6RIM Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2014 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Makes Switching Easy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This little black box neatly and conveniently solved rig switching issues at my station. I have two radios and two amps. It instantly switches between them.

As manufactured, the box switches only the inputs of your amplifiers, not their outputs. I wanted the box to switch both. My solution was to replace the two pole double throw switch in the KR5L box to a three pole double throw. Used the third pole to control a high-power coaxial relay which switches the outputs of my two amplifiers. (The coaxial relay I selected is a Two-Pak, sold by Array Solutions).

So with the flip of a single switch, the KR5L magic box instantly switches between my amplifiers. It also switches between my two radios.

The quality of the KR5L box is first-class.

Highly recommended.

W2MF Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2014 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Product....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very well made with quality components and looks great.after i received and try my switch call Jerry back and order 3 more units.thank you so much Jerry a well job done.

Vy73,W2MF

K4PG Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2013 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great device that works as specified.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A well made piece of equipment. The KR5L amp switch works exactly as specified and works well. I switched a single transceiver to a six meter amplifier and an HF amplifier with 100 watts of drive and it worked flawlessly saving me many A/B switches and coax leads. I would recommend it to anyone with a need. 73 de Kevin K4PG

W8JXM Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2013 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Does What It Says!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great customer service from Jerry. Fine piece of electronic equipment. Will be in my shack for many years to come. Tnx Jerry for a fine job.

KJ6WVI Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2013 17:54 Send this review to a friend
This is a great product.   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this switch for awhile now
and I love it. I have four radios, one amp, and a dummy load attached to it. The dummy load is attached to the number two amp switch. No more
do I have to mess with cable connectors.
I use two of these switches. One for the radios in
the shack, and one in the house.
I strongly recommend this switch.

N7XM Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2013 14:21 Send this review to a friend
As advertized , well made  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is handy switch box
and quality product allowing
6 transceivers to be mated with
any TWO AMPS including relay lines

Well done !

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2013 18:36 Send this review to a friend
great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received the switch and took less than an hour to install.Run 3 transceivers to 2 amps.Unit simplified my operations and works as advertised..Will highly recommend this product.

N8AUG Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2012 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my antenna switch and recently connected it to several rigs I had hooked to one linear amp. What a great device...not only does it work as designed, but really cleans up the haywire needed to switch the multiple rigs to one amp. Contemplating another switch to complete my installation.

W8JBV Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2012 14:59 Send this review to a friend
just got it today  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
KR5L Jerry did a great job on this little box, took me about 10 mins to hook up and now I can run my two ten - tecs with only one amplifier. this saved me a lot of money and it works great.You can run one or two amps with as many six rigs with just a turn of a switch.

VE7IG Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Very usefull and necessary.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When your new Alpha amplifier has a 3 minute warmup period it can be useful to keep the old instant heat Ameritron AL-80B ready for the DX calling CQ when you turn on your transceiver! This compact and beautifully designed switch lets me do that easily and neatly. It also lets me connect my two regularly used radios or the third radio I enjoy listening to the broadcast band on when working around the shack. It connects and switches both RF and keying lines. One thing to note is that if you use a low pass filter between your transceiver and amplifier you will need two of them, one for each amplifier. There is nothing else like it commercially available. Thanks KR5L!