Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Pro Antennas I-Pro Home Help

Reviews Summary for Pro Antennas I-Pro Home
Pro Antennas I-Pro Home Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $229GBP
Description: The centre fed I-Pro Home offers the simplicity of a vertical antenna installation without the dependency of many wire radials and ground work. Its light weight design lends itself to be lifted on and off its base single handed with the possibility of laying it flat on the ground when not in use. The antenna offers efficient multi-band coverage of: 40m*- 30m - 20m - 17m - 15m - 12m - 11m & 10m (*reduced efficiency*)
More info: http://www.proantennas.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the Pro Antennas I-Pro Home.

G4DKM Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2013 12:32 Send this review to a friend
extremly happy,great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My initial results are impressive, it's certainly providing a worth while leap in performance over my fixed wire dipoles. I called in to Pro Antennas to pick up a Dual Beam Pro antenna system. Carl the owner was most helpful and took the time to show me some of the product's design features. I was impressed to see materials had been carefully selected, they should provide good long term dielectric properties. The use of solid GRP rod for the centre insulator, the matching transformer is built with low loss components, PTFE coil former wound with Teflon (PTFE) covered wire. I have an RF engineering back ground and it is easy to see that this product has been carefully thought out, it should stand the test of time with its high quality components. It's light weight and has a slim profile, this all help towards a neat simple installation. This product has certainly put the fun back into the hobby and I highly recommend it!

G4DKM
---------------------------

GI0HWO Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2012 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy installation as no radial are needed.
I've worked 7 new countries since I've had it up and consistently work DX using only 40 Watts of PSK31.

I had a problem with a guy line getting away resulting in damage to the lower section. Phoned Carl and he was more than happy to get me a replacement.

Pros
Well made
Easy to install
No radials needed
Great customer service

Cons
Price (as usual)
Make sure you guy it securely
Needs a good ATU

I can thoroughly recommend this aerial. The bottom line is that it works and works very well. In nearly 40 years of being licensed, this is the best vertical I have ever used.

I'd love one that covers 80M

GM0RTY Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2012 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using a Hustler 6BTV for 5 years albeit without radials (small garden!) and decided to have achange to the I Pro Home, what a difference!! I can actually hear ALL the signal, not just half!. The antenna is well built and solid (needs guys) with a decent ATU,(I use a Palstar AT500 manual unit) I can tune 1:1 on ALL bands from 6m to 80m (top end) Rig is Yaesu FT950 and I have had good reports from Dubai, Japan, Croatia, which I have worked with ease, not having to use the Linear! this antenna is NOT resonant on any band so a good ATU is reuired to get the best out of it I recommend this antenna to anyone.

M5TAW Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2012 01:56 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After reading the very complimentary reviews in UK ham radio magazines I decided to go ahead and buy the i-pro home antenna. It's approx 5m tall with 2.5 m capacity hats at the top and bottom. Feed is at the centre and a balun is present to isolate the transmission line and provide some type of impedance matching (?). It's quite a lightweight antenna at 4.5 kg -the construction is very good quality and all the components first rate. I do recommend guying the antenna however.
I have compared against my 33 foot long ladder fed vertical and MFJ 17m end fed zepp vertically oriented. There is a lower noise floor with the I-Pro - and signals are as good as the 17m zepp and at least equal with the 33 foot ladder fed vertical. At no time has the signal been any worse on the I-Pro. I consider this to be quite some feat bearing in mind the electrical lengths of the comparison antennas. You can also source the parts / conversion instructions from the manufacturer to turn this is into the Dual Beam Pro. This is the horizontally polarised version.
Very happy with this antenna - just worked a station in Guadeloupe which is a new one for me - approx 6600Kms at 5/7 with 100 watts.