Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-2300H Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-2300H
ICOM IC-2300H Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$260.00
Description: 2 meter transceiver

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-2300H.

N2PPK Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2017 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Good, simple 2M Mobile Rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've got my IC-2300H riding in the wheel well of my Subaru Crosstrek and it has been great to work. I've gotten great audio reports with my 2300 and Diamond mag mount antenna. The radio is easy to program and easy to use, and definitely seems rugged and reliable enough for continued use. Easily one of the best 2M mobile rigs available in the price range. Would recommend for anyone looking for a first mobile rig.

VK2LEE Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2017 01:23 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended - Great Quality Easy to program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this Excellent ICOM Radio now about 18 months, replacing a Yaesu FT 2800 which I have put in one of My Cars. I don't normally like changing Radios because of all the features You need to learn [again]. This is My first ICOM Radio, having Kenwood then Yaesu Radios. This Radio was very easy to set up so the instructions must have been very clear and easy Hi Hi. The receiver is very sensitive and the 65 watts output does its job. I get great audio reports too. I found it does get VERY HOT running for 3-4 minutes on high power, and I have placed a 4 inch fan behind it to cool it down as My Overs are usually more than 3+ minutes.. Hi Hi. My HM-133 Mic has made in china on the back of it but the Radio, Box, etc have ICOM Made in Japan on it. I highly recommend this Radio to anyone looking for a high quality 2m FM 65 watt Transceiver with an excellent receiver with great output audio too.
VK2LEE LEE

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2017 05:29 Send this review to a friend
not to shabby....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Got this on a trade deal.
Does what it's suppose to.
Easy to program.
Seems to pull less than my old, dead yaesu 2 meter ft 2600, yuck.

K4TXI Rating: 4/5 Aug 30, 2016 12:35 Send this review to a friend
UPDATED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using my 2300H For over a week Now performance is Good , But I have double checked at least 3 times on different meters mine is only doing on High exactly 54 Watts so shy of what is advertised . I have also did some extensive Research , The back of the Mic says made in China not Japan ! Others please pay attention to this or you may have a Fake Icom cloned Radio . I still in my opinion of coarse we know there is not much Wattage difference between 55 & 65 Watts but if you are going to list that on the Specs That's what I expect point blank if I was the technician setting it up .
1. pro's Compact
2.pretty Easy on the Menu

Con's : Not 65 Watts as advertised 50-54 more like it !
Make Sure if You Do Buy a 2300H , Get From a Highly Reputable Company & There are Fake 2300's going around , So make Sure yours is the Real Deal before You Purchase one . Have Icom run a check on the Serial #

""""""""""""UPDATED"""""""":::8/30/2016 I Called Icom America & Gave my Serial Number and Found Out great News mine is The Real Icom 2300h ! If in Doubt Call them and Give the Serial # and They will Gladly Tell You the Facts of your Radio there phone is 1 800 253 1498 . 73's Todd

NP3WH Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2016 22:41 Send this review to a friend
GREAT RADIO  Time owned: more than 12 months
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ICOM IC-2300H HAS BEEN
GREAT...I'VE OWNED IT FOR ONE YEAR AND HAVE NO ISSUES SO FAR. EXCELENT RX AND TX..NO INTERMOD.
I DID GET THE OPTINAL MIC HM-154T STURDY JUST
LIKE THE RADIO AND I GET EXCELLENT REPORTS ON RPT' AND SIMPLEX. IT ALSO HAS AJUSTABLE MIC GAIN IN THE MENU, I KEEP A FAN ON IT FOR COOL RUN AT ALL TIMES.
EASY TO USE, PROGRAM ON THE FLY, NO SOFTWARE NEEDED...AND THE KNOBS NO LONGER HAVE A LOOSE
FEEL TO THEM...IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY HAD A UHF VERSION.
RUNNING LMR-400 TIMES MICROWAVE COAX AND A
COMET GP-3 DUALBAND ANTENNA.

THINGS I WISH THE RADIO HAD
#1...BUILT IN FAN.
#2...BRING BACK SSB ON THESE RADIOS.
#3...OR AT LEAST D-STAR WITHOUT THE BUILT IN GPS.

NT9M Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2016 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Great mono bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I previously owned two IC-2100s and the 2300 feels more solid on the volume and squelch controls.

It's nice having all those functions on the microphone, but if you are driving and trying to read the small print on the mic labels you probably are a danger to yourself and others.

I've always liked the squelch/RF attenuation feature on the ICOM radios. Great for when you pull up to a drive thru and need to tame the RF coming from the building.

If one band is all you need, then this is a fine, feature rich radio. No regrets.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Feb 17, 2016 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to program, QC seems very good. Audio level with mic gain on High - reports good. So far no issues, green display color looks good. Time will be a true test.

AA7EX Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2015 09:03 Send this review to a friend
$154.95 at GigaParts A+  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one 2 weeks ago.. Set it up friday morning on my $50.00 diamond cp-22 antenna 1.0swr on mfj 259b @146.900 and I rag chewed all weekend. Simplex on high power extended periods and i could still put the back of my hand on the heatsink without getting burned... No problem...I was so impressed that I bought 2 more sunday night for my brother and my work truck.. I love everything about it but the top facing speaker but thats the only thing i could think of complainig about.. I was going to try the yaesu ft2900 but didnt like the common overheating mentions... My first vhf mobile was an icom 2100 so i stayed icom.. No regrets

WK3P Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2015 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love the size of this radio.

I have owned IC-2100, IC-2200 and a few V-8000

Once you learn one, this one is easy to program.

I love that I can do everything with the microphone.

Radio gets great reports.

I have nothing bad to say about this radio.

VK3MJA Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2015 00:41 Send this review to a friend
Good rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Honestly I am not a big fun of Icom... and this is my FIRST Icom rig. I used this rig for my echolink and this rig can STAND 25W for 24/7 with a little help from the mini electric fan. This is my replacement of my Yaesu Ft-2900R, IC-2300H can dissipate heat better compare to Yaesu FT-2900R may be because with Icom it only requires 11 amps to fire it up while with Yaesu it requires 15 amps. For the time I have the IC-2300H I NEVER had a problem with it and it serves the purpose.
I will recommend this rig to anyone... simple and user friendly! Job well done Icom.

73...