Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | ICOM IC-2300H Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM IC-2300H
ICOM IC-2300H Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$260.00
Description: 2 meter transceiver

You can write your own review of the ICOM IC-2300H.

K4TXI Rating: 4/5 Aug 30, 2016 12:35 Send this review to a friend
UPDATED  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using my 2300H For over a week Now performance is Good , But I have double checked at least 3 times on different meters mine is only doing on High exactly 54 Watts so shy of what is advertised . I have also did some extensive Research , The back of the Mic says made in China not Japan ! Others please pay attention to this or you may have a Fake Icom cloned Radio . I still in my opinion of coarse we know there is not much Wattage difference between 55 & 65 Watts but if you are going to list that on the Specs That's what I expect point blank if I was the technician setting it up .
1. pro's Compact
2.pretty Easy on the Menu

Con's : Not 65 Watts as advertised 50-54 more like it !
Make Sure if You Do Buy a 2300H , Get From a Highly Reputable Company & There are Fake 2300's going around , So make Sure yours is the Real Deal before You Purchase one . Have Icom run a check on the Serial #

""""""""""""UPDATED"""""""":::8/30/2016 I Called Icom America & Gave my Serial Number and Found Out great News mine is The Real Icom 2300h ! If in Doubt Call them and Give the Serial # and They will Gladly Tell You the Facts of your Radio there phone is 1 800 253 1498 . 73's Todd

NP3WH Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2016 22:41 Send this review to a friend
GREAT RADIO  Time owned: more than 12 months
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ICOM IC-2300H HAS BEEN
GREAT...I'VE OWNED IT FOR ONE YEAR AND HAVE NO ISSUES SO FAR. EXCELENT RX AND TX..NO INTERMOD.
I DID GET THE OPTINAL MIC HM-154T STURDY JUST
LIKE THE RADIO AND I GET EXCELLENT REPORTS ON RPT' AND SIMPLEX. IT ALSO HAS AJUSTABLE MIC GAIN IN THE MENU, I KEEP A FAN ON IT FOR COOL RUN AT ALL TIMES.
EASY TO USE, PROGRAM ON THE FLY, NO SOFTWARE NEEDED...AND THE KNOBS NO LONGER HAVE A LOOSE
FEEL TO THEM...IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY HAD A UHF VERSION.
RUNNING LMR-400 TIMES MICROWAVE COAX AND A
COMET GP-3 DUALBAND ANTENNA.

THINGS I WISH THE RADIO HAD
#1...BUILT IN FAN.
#2...BRING BACK SSB ON THESE RADIOS.
#3...OR AT LEAST D-STAR WITHOUT THE BUILT IN GPS.

NT9M Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2016 03:45 Send this review to a friend
Great mono bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I previously owned two IC-2100s and the 2300 feels more solid on the volume and squelch controls.

It's nice having all those functions on the microphone, but if you are driving and trying to read the small print on the mic labels you probably are a danger to yourself and others.

I've always liked the squelch/RF attenuation feature on the ICOM radios. Great for when you pull up to a drive thru and need to tame the RF coming from the building.

If one band is all you need, then this is a fine, feature rich radio. No regrets.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Feb 17, 2016 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to program, QC seems very good. Audio level with mic gain on High - reports good. So far no issues, green display color looks good. Time will be a true test.

AA7EX Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2015 09:03 Send this review to a friend
$154.95 at GigaParts A+  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one 2 weeks ago.. Set it up friday morning on my $50.00 diamond cp-22 antenna 1.0swr on mfj 259b @146.900 and I rag chewed all weekend. Simplex on high power extended periods and i could still put the back of my hand on the heatsink without getting burned... No problem...I was so impressed that I bought 2 more sunday night for my brother and my work truck.. I love everything about it but the top facing speaker but thats the only thing i could think of complainig about.. I was going to try the yaesu ft2900 but didnt like the common overheating mentions... My first vhf mobile was an icom 2100 so i stayed icom.. No regrets

WK3P Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2015 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love the size of this radio.

I have owned IC-2100, IC-2200 and a few V-8000

Once you learn one, this one is easy to program.

I love that I can do everything with the microphone.

Radio gets great reports.

I have nothing bad to say about this radio.

VK3MJA Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2015 00:41 Send this review to a friend
Good rig  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Honestly I am not a big fun of Icom... and this is my FIRST Icom rig. I used this rig for my echolink and this rig can STAND 25W for 24/7 with a little help from the mini electric fan. This is my replacement of my Yaesu Ft-2900R, IC-2300H can dissipate heat better compare to Yaesu FT-2900R may be because with Icom it only requires 11 amps to fire it up while with Yaesu it requires 15 amps. For the time I have the IC-2300H I NEVER had a problem with it and it serves the purpose.
I will recommend this rig to anyone... simple and user friendly! Job well done Icom.

73...
VK3MJA

AD5KO Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2015 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Very nice.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I just installed a second 2300H in another vehicle. Due to the lack of cooling fan and the tight installation I was concerned about heat but the radio puts out full power into a quarter wave mag mount in the center of the roof and does not get hot. Its mounted below the dash and above the transmission tunnel, the radio touches the carpet. Initially I thought I would have to run it at 25 watts but that's not the case.

I already have the programming software for this model so purchasing a second seemed like the best option. I use RT systems software and cable, which works with windows 7 and 8.

I really like the large display and the size of this radio plus the audio is very good both TX and RX.

I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good 2m mobile or a base because it has the attenuation option which can be useful for big base station antennas.

K3KRN Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2014 06:52 Send this review to a friend
solid radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
solid radio. highly recommend. i would also recommend the rt systems software to program the radio.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 20:13 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
replaced my trusty ic2200h with the 2300h.. very similiar.. just wanted the newer version.these radios are always excellent and perform very well.. the 2100,the 2200,and now the 2300.. cant think of any complaints.. very nice..