Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Siltronix FS-600A Help

Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $unknown
Description: HF SWR Peak Reading Watt Meter
Power Ranges 20-200-500-1000
3.5 - 30MHz

You can write your own review of the Siltronix FS-600A.

K0RVB Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2012 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Performer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Siltronix FS-600A, like others such as Swan, Yaesu, have the same look and feel. If I'm not mistaken, Yaesu made Swan and Siltronix for different markets, but essentially they are all the same meter.
If you are looking for a great SWR/Watt meter, from the "Old School" days that are as accurate today as the new cross needle-cross eyed ones, than this is for you.
It has the 4 selectable power ranges, 20/200/500/1000, plus the SSB/AM mode and also FWD/REF switches on the right side.
The huge 4" X 3" meter is definitely easy on the eyes. No squinting. The SSB mode is very accurate and smooth as silk and a pleasure to watch the output of your station as you speak. The fall off rate in SSB/PEP mode is great as it doesn't have a fast decay rate and you can actually watch the peaks of your voice at corresponding wattage.
Bottom line, If you find one in great shape as I did on eBay, a hamfest, or garage sale, snap it up. I paid $72 including shipping on eBay and very glad I did. A true gem has been added to my station. I love it.
I hope my rants help you in some way. 73!