Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | ClearSpeech base unit Help

Reviews Summary for ClearSpeech base unit
ClearSpeech base unit Reviews: 33 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $179.95
Description: Stand alone audio DSP unit
More info: http://www.amcominc.com/productdetail.cfm?Prod_ID=16

You can write your own review of the ClearSpeech base unit.

N0BG Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2000 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Bonus Feature, Auto Notch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I discovered that this unit will automatically notch heterodynes. Not sure if it will do multiples simultaneously, but it does a great job on one. The time constant is pretty long, but when its gone, it is really gone. Check it out on WWV with rcvr on SSB or CW and slightly off freq. When you jog the tuning knob, the heterodyne appears briefly and then disappears. This is a bonus, the unit is well worth its cost for the great job it does on all sorts of other noise sources. Mine stays ON almost all the time.

K4TBN Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2000 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Pure magic...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based upon reviews in eHam, I thought one of these units would be useful in my IC706MKII mobile installation. The IC706's counter-noise efforts are laughable. I wanted the ClearSpeech speaker version but, as of today, they are on back order for three weeks. (An OK installation immediately is always better than a perfect installation tomorrow.) My Jeep Cherokee supplied noise in large quantities to my 706 from the A/C unit, fan, wipers, alternator, and even the darn CD changer. Not wanting to spend hours playing with braided cable, torroids, capacitors and assorted tools, I decided DSP was the way to handle noise. Upon purchasing the ClearSpeech at the Shelby, NC hamfest, I took it to the parking lot, borrowed 12 VDC from the molex connector on the back of the radio, plugged the ClearSpeech into the 706, plugged my speaker into the ClearSpeech, and threw the 'on' switch. Noise disappeared. Not only noise generated by the Jeep, but from other sources as well. Outstanding! Voices sometimes sound a bit watery, but no big deal. If you operate mobile, you need this product.

KB5TDR Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2000 20:57 Send this review to a friend
Great audio DSP unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this unit because the mobile unit (with speaker) was on back order, after installing the unit and hooking it up to a speaker I was greatly suprised. I am using the unit on a Knwd TS850 and it makes all the difference in the world. it reduces the noise and lets me hear stations I could not hope to hear before. The audio sounds different with the unit on but with the ability to hear weak signals, I easily got use to it. When the mobile unit becomes available, I will buy one for my car.