Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | KI0BK Low Loss Powergate Help

Reviews Summary for KI0BK Low Loss Powergate
KI0BK Low Loss Powergate Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$49.95
Description: A PWRgate is a simple backup power system, it will allow your communications equipment to remain operative on battery power during AC power blackouts. Power supplies and batteries can be swapped out while the equipment remains on with no glitches.

The Low Loss PWRgate uses MOSFET power transistors to switch the load between power sources with less then a 20 milivolt drop, much smaller then similar systems that use Schottky diodes. This keeps the power losses to a minimum.

The Low Loss PWRgate transfers up to 25 amperes at up to 16 volts dc continuously. It is a safe way to connect both a 12 volt battery and a 13.8 volt power supply to a load, while electrically isolating both from each other. Whenever your power supply is on, the supply feeds the load while also charging the battery, keeping the battery healthy and ready for use when the power supply is off or looses AC power. Switching is instantaneous.
More info: http://ki0bk.no-ip.com/~PWRgate/LLPG/Site/Welcome.html

You can write your own review of the KI0BK Low Loss Powergate.

N5TEN Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2013 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Great device  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought one of these to use with my battery back up solar system and it works fantastic. Customer service is good as well and I received the power gate pretty fast after I ordered.

The price sure beats the competition. I'm really glad I saved the money and went with the KI0BK. You won't be sorry.

Look at my QRZ for pics of the installation.

KF7MBI Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2012 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Surpassed my expectations  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of the few products that actually do what its builder says it will do, and does it well! Itís small, well made, and it switches to battery transparently. It will handle 25 amps, which is sufficient for my station.
Setting it up is a no-brainer. I plugged my HF rig directly into the PWRgate. I paired this with the MFJ-1106 DC power distribution unit plugged into the second output on the PWRgate, which allowed me to power my VHF rig, antenna tuner and SWR/PWR meter, with three outputs to spare. With this configuration the draw is still well below the 25 amp limit. The unit is American made by a fellow Ham, and all this is available for the very reasonable price of $49.95 plus shipping.
I can recommend this unit without reservation!

FREEMA22 Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2012 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Practical, affordable, WORKS!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this as an alternative to the West Mountain PWRgate. Am I glad I did! It is very compact and works exactly as it is supposed to. Plus, it is made by a ham, and I like supporting our brethren.

N6DLH Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2012 08:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simple cheaper solution than many of the commercial units. Although not rated for as much current as some of the commercial units, 25 amps is plenty for most situations. You can purchase 2 of these for less than the price of the commercial units, and have a 50 amp total capacity.