Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | InnovAntennas 450A-LFA 4-element 6m LFA Yagi Help

Reviews Summary for InnovAntennas 450A-LFA 4-element 6m LFA Yagi
InnovAntennas 450A-LFA  4-element 6m LFA Yagi Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $$240
Description: A 4 element very low-noise LFA Yagi - for high noise urban environments

This antenna is the same size as the standard 4el LFA. However, it has been modeled for maximum suppression of the F/R plane to ensure minimal unwanted noise pick up.

The G0KSC LFA Yagi is a major step forward in the development of the Yagi Antenna; it provides a low-noise front-end for your radio so you hear more weak signals. This compact 4 element 50Mhz LFA provides stunning performance across the important section of the 6m band (50.00 - 50.500MHz). Hard to beat with a direct 50 Ohm feed-point and no matching losses and suppression of unwanted noise !!

More info: http://www.innovantennas.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21&Itemid=102

You can write your own review of the InnovAntennas 450A-LFA 4-element 6m LFA Yagi.

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Wish I Bought The Larger 6 Element LFA Yagi  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had my 4 element LFA yagi up now for over 5 months. All I can say is WOW! The first couple days I had it up, it was very quiet and I live in a noisy area. I didn't hear any activity and almost thought the antenna was a dud.

Well, one day a station I used to work with my LP I had been using on 6 meters came on and he was just as strong as before. We ran some tests and it had about the same gain as my old LP with 20 elements on a 12' boom for a frequency range of 50 thru 500 MHz. The big difference was the low noise pickup. I can now hear stations clearly now that were marginal before installing the new antenna. The antenna resonated at about 49.9 MHz. with a flat 1:1 SWR. I cut the loop a tad and it now resonates at exactly 50.0 Mhz. The SWR is below 1.3:1 from 50.0 MHz to about 50.5 MHz. The SWR curve is excellent!

My only regret now is that I wish I had bought the 6 element version of the LFA yagi for 6 meters. I'm currently using a home brew 7 element yagi on 2 meters and will most likely replace it with a similar sized or even slightly larger LFA on 2 meters.

W8JER Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2012 13:00 Send this review to a friend
It's in the air! I like it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was not a simple task to tune but with many emails to the folks at InnovAntennas we got it done. Not sure what was so different about my installation (qrz.com, W8JER)but had to shorten the driven loop by 3 inches! Yes Justin Millimeters-Millimeters! Once that was done it played very well. I'm in a high noise residential area and it was a drastic improvement over the 4 element gamma matched yagi that I was using prior.
Noise level down and fantastic F/B and side ratio.
SWR 50.000mhz 1.0:1 and only 1.2:1 at 50.5.
I'm keeping it.
Tha dealer adjusted the price down (now $209.95)
after I got mine. One call to them and they credited my Paypal acc't $30.00! Great dealer to do business with.

W8JER Rating: 4/5 May 2, 2012 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Appears to be well made. Not in the air yet.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from R and L in Ohio (the only North American dealer)
Looks like quality materials but had No instructions. Called R and L and was promptly emailed a PDF file. Glad they were still open as I was ready to build. The lightweight sandwich baggie that held the small parts didn't make the trip across the pond well and was glad I had not pulled the contents of the tube out in the yard as things went all over the garage floor! Yes I found everything. Instructions lacking and few relevant photos! Obviously they believe this to be Top Secret technology. Hope it plays as well as it looks and hope I get it together correctly. Have built many antennas in my 48 years as a ham,this one could have better instructions concerning the feed point as the coaxial balun, it's placement and attachment to the driven element is concerned. Photos of what they say and what they show are not always the same.
Give it a 5 for looks on the rating at this time.
More to follow when it's in the air. No credible photos to be found.