Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | uniHAM UNI-730A Help

Reviews Summary for uniHAM UNI-730A
uniHAM UNI-730A Reviews: 15 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: uni-HAM is a Chinese company making paddles and other amateur radio equipment, primarily for the Chinese market. Their designs are well thought-out, materials are well chosen, and performance is equal to equipment costing much more in the western world.

The UNI-730 dual paddle is a compact but solid paddle capable of standing up to the rigors of portable operation as well as providing excellent service in the shack. The base measures 3 inches by 2-1/2 inches, with the levers extending another inch to the front. Despite the small footprint, the UNI-730 weighs just under a pound (15.5 Oz) and it has non-skid pads on the bottom for stability.

Contact spacing is adjusted easily, without tools, via the large thumb-screws on either side of the paddle body. Spring tension is fixed for a light, precise action. Click here for a photo of the back of the paddle, and here for a photo of the mechanism after removal from the base.

Connection to rig or keyer is via a standard 3.5mm stereo phone jack on the back of the paddle body. The UNI-730 comes with connection and adjustment instructions in English, and feel free to visit uniHAM's web site at www.uniham.com
More info: http://www.uniham.com/

You can write your own review of the uniHAM UNI-730A.

WA6MOW Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2015 12:23 Send this review to a friend
I Love It.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own lots of keys. This little paddle has a really nice feel with solid build quality. Great for home or portable use. For its super low price it is a real bargain. It can be found on ebay for $54. I just bought a second one for a backup.

26JLH Rating: 4/5 Oct 15, 2014 02:04 Send this review to a friend
good cheap key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
good for a cheap key,
works as intended but you get what you pay for.
worth its money all day long better than an mfj type looks nice to.
tnx jeff m0prf

K8TJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2013 20:24 Send this review to a friend
VERY NICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love it. Sort of like a poor mans Begali paddle. Sapcing is easily adjustable, tension is fixed but seems just right for more tastes.

IW1DFU Rating: 1/5 Mar 17, 2013 12:58 Send this review to a friend
wasted money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
bad quality, bad mechanic, unable to adjust in fine way due to the poor mechanics. Not good for novice and less for expert cw op.
Don't waste your money and look for something else. A used bencher cost less money and work better.

KC2ZXL Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2012 18:57 Send this review to a friend
High quality, inexpensive iambic paddle that can  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was looking around for my first base station paddle that I can practice CW on that would not break my wallet so started looking around for a used one. Then I found this little paddle on Milestone Technologies website. Didn't want to spend $200+ on a new paddle so thought I give the uni-HAM UNI-730A a try. First time hearing about this brand which is relatively a new name in U.S. Also, the Made in China had me worry a bit.

I ordered it this past Monday and received it today, Wednesday. So far, this is the paddle I was looking for. Not fancy, yet, the black color with red finger piece matches well with my Icom. The base is fairly heavy and the finger pieces has a nice feel to it. Spring tension is just right and super easy to adjust. There are no cosmetic quality issue(s) with this paddle.

I need to give it a workout now and will check back here in a few months with my operational findings. But so far, I am very pleased and think that it would serve me well for some time to come.