Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG AT-200 PRO II Antenna Tuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG AT-200 PRO II Antenna Tuner
LDG AT-200 PRO II Antenna Tuner Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $259.00
Description:
5 to 250 watts SSB and CW. (100 watts on 6M)
Easy to read LED bargraph display for RF power, SWR and status
LEDs for Antenna Position and Bypass

4,000 memories (2000 for each antenna) for instantaneous band changing
Two position antenna switch with memories for four antennas on each position
Tuning time: 0.5 to 6 seconds full tune, < 0.1 second memory tune
Built in frequency counter for memory operation
Frequency coverage: 1.8 to 54.0 MHz.
Tunes 6 to 800 ohm loads (16 to 150 ohms on 6M), 6 to 3600 ohms with optional 4:1 Balun (LDG RBA 4-1)
For Dipoles, Verticals, Vees, Beams or and Coax Fed Antenna
Optional external Balun allows tuning of random length, long wire or ladder line fed antennas
Includes 6' DC power cable

Power requirements: 11 to 16 volts DC at 750 mA max during tuning
www.Jameco.com WM1024-760 and 1953663 are compatible power supplies

Enclosure: 9.5D x 7.1W x 2.0H inches
Weight: 2 pounds
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG AT-200 PRO II Antenna Tuner.

KK4DDM Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2014 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great for beginners  Time owned: more than 12 months
Please note, this is the only tuner I have ever owned so take my review with a grain of salt. I have a feeling that I damaged the device myself and ended up sending it back to LDG after 2.5 years of trusty service. LDG replaced the unit for me after an 8 week wait. I used it with a Yaesu FT-450D set to 100 W except for PSK which I normally run at 40 W. I have a fan dipole strung up for 10m to 80m. I never used any of the buttons on the front. I never used a manual tuner but with this tuner it was 100% auto.

OE3SGU Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2014 03:54 Send this review to a friend
Good but NOISY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Using mine with a TS-480HX and it does its job very good, 200 Watts carrier in digimodes are no problem at all. Tuning is easy, fast and - very LOUD. I have had several LDG tuners and they all are good but really keep you awake. I wish they would improve their products and make tuners that are performing as good as they do now but finally become friendly to the ear (and dont't disturb the sleeping XYL).

W4DRH Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2013 21:29 Send this review to a friend
Happy c tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had one and my brother has one both for TS-480HX. Seems to work as advertised. The software adjustments are hard to remember without a cheat sheet. I would buy it again.

KC4CQS Rating: 2/5 Sep 29, 2013 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Won't handle the 200 Watts  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Went back to using my LDG-100 Pro due the fact of the incorrect power rating of the "Tuner". I detected a smell when I accidently keyed the Xmtr. of my 950 on FM at 100 Watts. I adjusted the xmtr. and decided to remove the cover of the AT-200. To my surprise one of the toroids covered in a protective wax type coating had partially liquified. So now I have a tuner that doesn't tune nearly the loads of the older AT-100 PRO. Yes, I adjusted that to closely match the 100 PRO but before you adjust anything take "Close up "digital pics" of the original position of adjustment points "before the adjustments" if your luck was not as good as mine. Don't trust this tuner at 200W as mine visibly bubbled at 100 Watts on FM in only seconds. Guess you would call that partial duty cycle. I just had to see it and it boiled away! Your results may vary. Sorry, 73!

AD6KA Rating: 1/5 Sep 29, 2013 06:35 Send this review to a friend
2/5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i don't typically right a review of a piece of kit until I give it a thorough workout, but I *had* to make an exception here.

I bought this LDG AT-200 PRO II ATU NEW at a fair price at a hamfest, because it was *SUPPOSEDLY* rated at a *higher* power handling ability than the one I was using. I threw the new one it in the desk drawer for a few weeks
and then dug it out, read the manual and hooked it up.

I operate Barefoot RTTY. Usually, 125+ watts from my venerable TS-940S into an LDG AT-11MP (Built from kit)then a balun, and a ladderline fed 130 foot doublet. And I don't often run much
over 100 watts FSK or so. The old ATU did "OK".... but I tired of that damned cross needle meter.:)

So I read up on the AT-200PROII, which has 4,000 memories and "is RATED AT "5 to 250 watt power range". OK, I thought, that will leave me plenty of headroom for odd matches nd stuff. Low and behold I get the PRINTED MANUAL with the rig and it advises:
****"NOT TO EXCEED 75 WATTS ON PSK"!****
WTF? Are you kidding me? Yes, my old AT-11MP was
slow and noisy, but those large inductors and
big fat Silver Mica Caps held up real fine running 100+ WATTS rtty all WEEKEND long in 48 HOUR CONTESTS!!!!.IF you look inside the AT-200PROII, it's all SMD matching caps, skinny skinny board traces, and
very wimpy inductors.

I still have to put the AT-200proII through some
paces, but so far it has been SLOOOWWW.

In fact, I was able to match misloads with the
***25 year old KENWOOD'S internal motor driven tuner**** that the LDG AT-200PROII couldn't match!!

more will be revealed

ZL3SV Rating: 0/5 Apr 18, 2013 20:21 Send this review to a friend
HAMCITY sell faulty LDG AT-200 PRO ATU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I paid Hamcity for a new LDG AT-200 PRO II Antenna Tuner. It arrive about 2 weeks later and the parcel was well packed with no physical damage.

The unit would not switch on at 90% of the attempts. Power supply was clean with correct voltage. When I can get it to work it goes fine. Shame they don't stand behind what is otherwise a good product.

I told Hamcity who said they would replace it at no cost. Then they changed their mind and referred me to LDG who want money.

In New Zealand we have a consumer law that means the supplier must sort out the problem at no cost to the purchaser.

I would not deal with Hamcity or LDG again.

W0AY Rating: 2/5 Apr 13, 2013 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Noisy and Not repeatable.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Removed unit from shipping box and connected to my antenna and xmtr. When I transmitted, the unit practically jumped off the desk. It's relay noise was intolerable. Next I let the unit tune up on 80 M. Clackety clack... Then I moved up 30 Khz and let it tune up again. Clackety clack! Then thinking the memory would be good back down 30 KHz, I moved freq down there. Gracious! Same sustained Clackety Clacking again. So much for a memory tuner. I boxed the unit up and sent it back suffering transit cost and restocking fee. Not a happy experience. My Elecraft K3 auto memory tuner handled this same antenna quietly and without complaint.

TA3EP Rating: 3/5 Mar 3, 2013 02:35 Send this review to a friend
Sure a keeper  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all, the AT-200 Pro II is a really working tuner and it does what it promises. Although manual says it tunes 6 to 1000 ohm loads and it has only coaxial output, I managed to use it with my longwire antenna by adding a counterpoise (without optional 1:4 unun). It works well with my Yaesu FT-857D as well as Kenwood TS-440S. Also my homebrewed Y-ACC Yaesu autotuner cable works great, too.
Pros:
-It does what it promised smoothly, and does much more, too.
-Makes great combination with FT-857D rig and G5RV dipole.
-Box and buttons gives you a quality and strong material feeling.
-Shows peak power and average power (choosen from the menu)
Cons:
-Menus: Menus are hidden, hard to find and hard to learn. All the buttons have more then one function. You have to know well most of these functions for an effective usage. For example: Tune from scratch, memory tune, making output empedance high and low, manuel memory storing, full and semi-automatic mode etc. A lot of functions and only a few buttons.
-The user screen: Only two rows of leds and many functions to show... You have to push many buttons to see the current sets. You can't see all the sets at a glance. Not user friendly.
-It takes a long time tuning from scratch. (But once setting is memorised, tuning from memory is speedy like lightning.)
-Tuning from zero is quite noisy, if you are working in the silence of the evening, always there is a risk of waking up the family and even the neighbors.
-Doesn't have a balanced output, longwire output and an internal unun.

Conclusion: One point goes to hard-to-find menus, and one point goes to poor user screen, AT-200 Pro II gets a three point. But it works great, does its job smoothly, and surely a keeper.

KC9IL Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2012 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Works great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for use with my Icom 756 Pro III after purchasing a Z-11 ProII for use in the car with the Icom 706 and the Icom 7000 at home. I read the reviews about not running too much power through the unit, especially since I run PSK31 and JT-65. With that in mind, I opted for the AT-200 ProII. It works like a champ on the G5RV, even on 160 meters. It's a bit noisy when first learning the antenna, but gets quicker and quieter as I use it more. One trick was to just got through each band and 100 KHz intervals on the lower bands and 250 KHz intervals on the higher bands. This provides a good baseline for it to learn the antenna.

KJ7YY Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2012 03:09 Send this review to a friend
love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received this tuner and it performs great. Yea, it is a bit noisy when it first tunes a freq. but once memorized it is almost instant tune and no noise. I have many antennas and it will tune all over the band. My 160 dipole will tune all bands up to 10 meters, most likely more if I had more. No more SWR worries here! Another one is already planned for mobile operation.