Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | The Antenna Ranch AR-1:1b Current Balun Help

Reviews Summary for The Antenna Ranch AR-1:1b Current Balun
The Antenna Ranch AR-1:1b Current Balun Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: This is a 1:1 Current Balun that works great to run Coax into your home from a Multiband Doublet with Ladder Line feed. And with the need for MARS ALE Multiband capability, you can't go wrong with this product. See, http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/tuner_balun/ for more info.
More info: http://www.antennaranch.com/main/page_products_11_balun.html

You can write your own review of the The Antenna Ranch AR-1:1b Current Balun.

W0IW Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2012 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Handle High power Built Solid !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have now owned several of your 1:1 and 4:1 baluns they are on my beams my dipoles and all my antennas including a 40m beam at 100 feet and they all have been handling legal limit power with no problems.. The weather hot or cold or wet does nothing to them as expected..

They are great baluns..

Joe
W0IW

KJ4WS Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2012 17:53 Send this review to a friend
As Advertised and more  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just an update from my previous review. Recently,a friend brought his SB-220 Amplifier by for a Power Supply Upgrade. After replacing the Capacitors
We gave the AR-1:1b a good workout at legal limit. There was no Jumping SWR. We had no problems at all that could be detected. My friend has the website and will be ordering one soon.

KJ4WS Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2012 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Works Great and Built like a Tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After trying other Baluns that were really,not as advertised. I fould Terry at The Antenna Ranch. He was really helpful and seems to know his way around Antenna and Balun design. After my Balun arrived there was a screw driver in my hand even before the box was ever opened. The Balun looked great from the outside but, I wanted to see the working parts. What I did see is a well constructed and neat device that was impressive to look at. It was a joy to find someone who knows the art of soldering like I once did before SHS ( shakey hand syndrome.)After reading the important but,humorous directions on the inside cover and replacing the quality rubber gasket and screws. It was time to send some RF through it. 10 feet of RG-8 to the Balun and through the wall to my Doublet/Dipole and to the Ladder Line. Everything tunes up just fine. Terry, told me that he personally winds every one by hand and I believe him. You could not hire someone to do the quality work that is evident in this product. there is no jumping SWR because of heating. Don't know about Full Legal Limit but, it is going to take more than my little SB-200 to hurt this Balun. Also, compare the price! This is a Super Deal!