Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | TEN-TEC ACRO-BAT Antenna Connector & Hanger Help

Reviews Summary for TEN-TEC ACRO-BAT Antenna Connector & Hanger
TEN-TEC   ACRO-BAT Antenna Connector & Hanger Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$10
Description: This is a clear plastic Center Insulator Assembly that provides secure connection points for antenna wire and RG8X, RG58 coax or ladder line. Light weight, inexpensive and easy to use.
More info: http://www.tentec.com/products/ACRO%252dBAT-Antenna-Connector-%26-Hanger.html

You can write your own review of the TEN-TEC ACRO-BAT Antenna Connector & Hanger.

K6ERQ Rating: 3/5 May 16, 2014 21:58 Send this review to a friend
Good in some areas  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my Ten Tec Acrobat for about 2 years now. It is well made and does the job of being center piece for a dipole that does not require soldering. Just as advertised. In the instructions it is mentioned that one can "weatherproof" the Acrobat by coating the edges of the two halves with RV Sealant and also covering all the several openings, bolts etc with sealant. The way I read it that was optional and some reviewers talk about using this unit in snow and ice conditions with no problem. My problem is that I live near the Coast in extreme North California. Lots of salt air. When I took my antennad down to replace the two legs of the flat top I disassembled my Acrobat and found that the stainless steel bolts that the ladderline and the legs of dipole fasten to were rusted to some extent. That was affecting the operation of my auto tuner. So, I gave the unit the 3 rating because of the rust issue. I have put it up all covered with sealant for the short time it takes for the Ladderlock that I ordered to arrive. In this climate I will not be using the Acrobat any longer soon as I get the Ladderlock. Should have ordered one of those to begin with. Dumb me. So the Acrobat is a good gadget if you are not near the coast IMHO.

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 08:30 Send this review to a friend
It slices, it dices, it makes mounds of Julienne fries  Time owned: more than 12 months
Maybe not, but it is a very versatile center
insulator. As mentioned in other reviews, you
can use the supplied screws or solder the
connections. Being paranoid, I do both. I
keep a bag of these handy in case the wire
antenna bug compels me. This handy little
hoojie has trenches cut in it so you can use
coax or ladder line as the feedline. But
wait. There's more. You can use wire or
ladder line as the driven elements. That's
the "mounds of Julienne fries" part.

Very high Bang-To-Buck ratio. Buy a bag
of them if you build wire antennas at all.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Just does the job  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an elegant, inexpensive solution for deploying wire antennas. I've had one holding my halfsquare together for eight years now. You can hook up the antenna elements to the feedline without soldering, if you wish -- though I did solder mine.

For ten bucks, you can't go wrong.

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2012 02:24 Send this review to a friend
Great - Very Handy Center Insulator   Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a solid, easy to use, clear plastic center insulator that works with either light coax or window line. Very hard and durable plastic. Very light weight. Easy to use. Works swell, and holds up to the elements (used for several years in cold, snowy Winters and hot, humid Summers. Makes putting up a dipole quick and easy using simple, readily available tools. Would be super for Field Day and DX-Peditions. Very light weight - would be super for QRP field work. Grabs a hold of either coax and window line and does not let go.

Cost is $10. Excellent value for the money. Works just like it is supposed to.

Just MY take. // James - K8JHR //