Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logic 9 Help

Reviews Summary for Logic 9
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $130.00
Description: Logic 8 updated
More info: http://www.hosenose.com/

You can write your own review of the Logic 9.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2017 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Best Logging program and support there are  Time owned: months
Have been using Logic since 2008 and every year it keeps getting better with every update and the only one you can call on the phone if you have issues. In fact he even logged on to my computer on line to check the program when I had a problem with a Win 10 new computer.

I used about every logging program made paid and free ones, none matched as well as Logic 9 with all of it's features/support.

WA2SEI Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2015 10:12 Send this review to a friend
WA2SEI  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I used to use logic6 untill 2008 when i had a stroke and became inactive, but in april 2015 i got a qth that had no restistions on antennas and became active again i sent dennis an email and purchassed logic9 and got it installed on my windowes 7 computer i love this program but had one small problem with LOTW and dennis logged on to my puter and i found out that i was not using the right password stupid me great program dennis is the best its worth every penny buy the best logging program availble to hams today,

Ray....WA2SEI

K3GC Rating: 2/5 Apr 2, 2015 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Increasingly Broken - Not up to date  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Logic 8 and 9 for several years and for most of that time it was a love hate relationship with emphasis on the love. Lately that has reversed. Logic will only support two receivers - receiver B will not work.
I have increasingly received OLE errors requiring a work around to get Logic working again.
I am running Windows 10 and most things dealing with Com ports just will not work.
I have contacted the developer and he just doesn't seen to be real interested.
Consequently, I investigated a number of other Logging apps, none of whom had an serious failures regarding Windows 10 and com ports.
I have settled on DXSuite. It is a great, FREE app. and it works perfectly - no crashes, no errors.

WA8MAX Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2015 06:31 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Best logging SW out there.
Been using Logic 21 yrs.
Dennis is the creator
Never a guestion he
or his staff can not answer.

NI7F Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2015 00:12 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding logging software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I logged my first HF QSO using earlier versions of LOGic back in 1995. I have upgraded to the new versions as they have become available. I have completely enjoyed this software. If I have ever had a question or a problem I have found Dennis to go the extra mile to help me solve the problem. He responds quickly and he is perhaps the most helpful technical support person I have ever dealt with. LOGic is a sophisticated software package that will handle just about everything from DX spotting, radio and peripheral control, awards, contests, printing labels or QSL cards, LOTW and eQSL just to mention a few. You will not be disappointed with LOGic and the exceptional customer support.

K6FW Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2014 15:34 Send this review to a friend
A very powerful and easy to use logging program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a Logic 8 user since 2008 and have been really happy with the program. I had not upgraded to Logic 9 because I did not see any features that were really important to me.

Recently Logic 8 stopped uploading to LOTW because of changes ARRL made to their servers after a recent security lapse. I purchased the Logic 9 upgrade to resolve the LOTW issue. The installation went pretty well with a few minor issues. My log data imported with a few errors that were easily correctable. Most of the issues were caused by file structure differences between Logic 8 and Logic 9.

I contacted Logic for support with the few issues I was not able to figure out on my own. Dennis at Logic was very helpful and timely with my support questions and he was able to resolve all of the problems.

Logic 9 has a couple of features which I find very useful. Double clicking on the progress chart for a band and mode brings up a box with the QSO's associated with that box. A nice shortcut from having to do a database search. The new band map is a good way to display information in a graphical way.

I really don't have any negatives to report. I am a DXer and find this program really useful and powerful. The search psoosibles are endless and the user can configure and modify almost parameter.

I highly recommend Logic 9 as a very powerful logging program.

W4MMR Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 08:44 Send this review to a friend
My go-to logging program  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this program for almost two years now and as others have noted, the program is very versatile and comprehensive. Logic 9 has a learning curve although the manual and the very active developer are a few keystrokes and short time away from helping solve issues. This software is my main logger as it gives me the most control and I always use it for my overarching logging work such as exporting to eQSL and LoTW and uploading to online logging and contest sites. With the latest stream of software that I have such as Log4OM, DXtreme, CommCat, and HRD, I prefer Logic 9 for its maturity, versatility, integration, and control over the databases. Overall, if you want versatility and customizability of logging and reporting, this is an excellent program. It allows rig control and interfaces to other programs quite nicely. I'm looking forward to the Logic 10 and I will upgrade when available.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2014 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Still The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used logic for over three years now and it is still the best out there. I periodically check the competition but nothing approaches the power and versatility of Logic.
There were one or two that I wanted to explore further but the lack of support stopped those in their tracks. Dennis is always there and answeres the phone.
Give Logic a check, you wont be disappointed.

NU4B Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2013 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Super Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Logic 9 is the latest update. Its very versatile and you can personalize just about anything. I haven't found anything it won't do from logs to contest logs to awards to reports to the spot log to log fields - everything can be changed, added to, subtracted from and updated by you.
If a country is added or deleted you can make the changes yourself and not wait for an update.
Working an odd contest. You can create the fields, add the valid values, create the log, determine the scoring. etc... And everything feeds back to the main log.
I haven't found anything as versatile as this log program. Its great!

KA1J Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2013 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Covers all the bases nicely  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just realized I hadn't reviewed Logic here and should do so. I have used Logic for many years and love it.

This review is for Logic9 which was released about a year ago and is a "logical" progression from the earlier versions. There is some consistency in appearance from one generation to the next within Logic, it would be an un-necessary learning curve to have well known features be located in different areas or for markedly different clicks to accomplish the same goal. With this said, there will be more that you do not see in the new versions than that which you do see. Much of what is new is within the features available and provides an ever expanding ability to design your own feature set.

My needs with a logging program reflects mostly what I need for a given award value from stations that I have not worked yet, and which award am I chasing that a given station on a band/mode would have relevance to. Logic and its various logging/information screens tells me 100% of what I need to know. The "Spot Log" which reads the DX cluster has parameters I defined so the filtering suits my needs. Your needs would surely be met and may require different filters which would be set by you. I like the flexibility Logic allows this way.

I like the QSL cards Logic produces. They are designed by me with artwork I brought in and the general outline was already provided as are many options which are ready to go with instead. I like the personal touch of making my own cards on a parchment-like paper and then instead of using pre-cut card stock, I cut my own cards out from a sheet with a paper cutter. Most people would prefer to use pre cut paper or labels but the beauty is you decide what you want to do and Logic allows you to make it so.

I feel Logic is an excellent value for the money and it works well with my K3. I personally find it invaluable.