Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logic 9 Help

Reviews Summary for Logic 9
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $130.00
Description: Logic 8 updated
More info: http://www.hosenose.com/

You can write your own review of the Logic 9.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2014 07:42 Send this review to a friend
Still The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used logic for over three years now and it is still the best out there. I periodically check the competition but nothing approaches the power and versatility of Logic.
There were one or two that I wanted to explore further but the lack of support stopped those in their tracks. Dennis is always there and answeres the phone.
Give Logic a check, you wont be disappointed.

NU4B Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2013 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Super Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
Logic 9 is the latest update. Its very versatile and you can personalize just about anything. I haven't found anything it won't do from logs to contest logs to awards to reports to the spot log to log fields - everything can be changed, added to, subtracted from and updated by you.
If a country is added or deleted you can make the changes yourself and not wait for an update.
Working an odd contest. You can create the fields, add the valid values, create the log, determine the scoring. etc... And everything feeds back to the main log.
I haven't found anything as versatile as this log program. Its great!

KA1J Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2013 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Covers all the bases nicely  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just realized I hadn't reviewed Logic here and should do so. I have used Logic for many years and love it.

This review is for Logic9 which was released about a year ago and is a "logical" progression from the earlier versions. There is some consistency in appearance from one generation to the next within Logic, it would be an un-necessary learning curve to have well known features be located in different areas or for markedly different clicks to accomplish the same goal. With this said, there will be more that you do not see in the new versions than that which you do see. Much of what is new is within the features available and provides an ever expanding ability to design your own feature set.

My needs with a logging program reflects mostly what I need for a given award value from stations that I have not worked yet, and which award am I chasing that a given station on a band/mode would have relevance to. Logic and its various logging/information screens tells me 100% of what I need to know. The "Spot Log" which reads the DX cluster has parameters I defined so the filtering suits my needs. Your needs would surely be met and may require different filters which would be set by you. I like the flexibility Logic allows this way.

I like the QSL cards Logic produces. They are designed by me with artwork I brought in and the general outline was already provided as are many options which are ready to go with instead. I like the personal touch of making my own cards on a parchment-like paper and then instead of using pre-cut card stock, I cut my own cards out from a sheet with a paper cutter. Most people would prefer to use pre cut paper or labels but the beauty is you decide what you want to do and Logic allows you to make it so.

I feel Logic is an excellent value for the money and it works well with my K3. I personally find it invaluable.

W3MKT Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2012 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Logging Software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using Logic 8 for about 2 years and thought that it was a great logging program but it had a glitch in the way that it handled some of the modern mode designations, in my case CWR. I purchased Logic 9 when it was released knowing that this issue was corrected. I've recently started using some of Logic 9's advanced features such as the award progress tracking and the spot log/band map functions and they work perfectly. All in all this is a great logging software and it is worth the initial purchase price. Dennis W4AZY has always promptly answered my e-mails whenever I have had a problem or a question and provides updates as needed. I highly recomend this software.
Gary YS1GR (W3MKT)

W1MU Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2012 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Best Logging Program Out There  Time owned: more than 12 months
After looking at everything on the market I started with Logic6 awhile back, when I had to migrate off my KD7P files, and have stayed with it since then. I can say two things in summary: one, this is the best logging program out there, and two, this program is not for the "faint of heart."

I have to admit that from time to time I have been a wayward user. Prior to every upgrade to a new version I surveyed the market and tried a few trial offers from its competitors, and in every case I decided to stick with Logic and do the upgrade. I have been pleased that I did. There are some loggers out there, like N1MM and RUMlog, that I use on occasion for specialized purposes. But in the end Logic is my day-to-day logger and any data I collect from specialty programs gets dumped back into Logic and it is managed there.

Like many things in life, this coin has two sides. On the one side you have an extremely powerful, flexible logging tool that is well supported by its author. With a little patience you can make this program do just about anything you want. And in the end, as has been the case with me on a few occasions, if you can't figure something out an e-mail to the author usually brings a pretty timely resolution. But on the other side of the coin you need to realize that this is one of those products where, sometimes, you really do have to be willing to read the documentation that comes with it (and there's plenty of that). In some ways its power (flexibility) is its weakness and if you are the sort of person who has no patience with learning about how to optimize this product for your needs then maybe it's not for you.

I do not operate on data modes (I do plenty enough of that at the office) so I have no feel, at all, for how Logic does with RTTY or PSK. Someone else will have to comment on that.

The only complaint I have about Logic is that I have never liked the way it handles QSL card label-printing. I get a lot of cards from the bureau and it can be quite burdensome to respond to them. Logic did not handle that task well. Eventually I decided that QSL card processing was an entire specialty of its own and I now use BV7 to do that. Nothing out there comes close to the power and flexibility of BV7 for QSL processing.

This is a great product, I has stood the test of time, and the author is very attentive to supporting the needs of his user base. I recommend it without hesitation.

K9IUQ Rating: 3/5 May 25, 2012 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Deja VU - Not Worth the $$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a Logic logger user since the early 90's . I have upgraded thru several versions. However- -

A few months ago after years of waiting,Logic released Logic 9. I quickly downloaded the free Demo. And was shocked. It looked just like the Logic 8 version I already owned. Yes there were a few things added.Nothing earth shattering. Nothing to make me want to shell out $90 for an UPGRADE. Upgrade? Logic 9 should have been a free update and called Logic 8.5. Basically The same old Logic 8.

I said 73 to Logic and went with a different logger. RIP Logic it has been a long ride for me.