Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Logic 9 Help

Reviews Summary for Logic 9
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $130.00
Description: Logic 8 updated
More info: http://www.hosenose.com/

You can write your own review of the Logic 9.

W3MKT Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2012 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Logging Software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using Logic 8 for about 2 years and thought that it was a great logging program but it had a glitch in the way that it handled some of the modern mode designations, in my case CWR. I purchased Logic 9 when it was released knowing that this issue was corrected. I've recently started using some of Logic 9's advanced features such as the award progress tracking and the spot log/band map functions and they work perfectly. All in all this is a great logging software and it is worth the initial purchase price. Dennis W4AZY has always promptly answered my e-mails whenever I have had a problem or a question and provides updates as needed. I highly recomend this software.
Gary YS1GR (W3MKT)

W1MU Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2012 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Best Logging Program Out There  Time owned: more than 12 months
After looking at everything on the market I started with Logic6 awhile back, when I had to migrate off my KD7P files, and have stayed with it since then. I can say two things in summary: one, this is the best logging program out there, and two, this program is not for the "faint of heart."

I have to admit that from time to time I have been a wayward user. Prior to every upgrade to a new version I surveyed the market and tried a few trial offers from its competitors, and in every case I decided to stick with Logic and do the upgrade. I have been pleased that I did. There are some loggers out there, like N1MM and RUMlog, that I use on occasion for specialized purposes. But in the end Logic is my day-to-day logger and any data I collect from specialty programs gets dumped back into Logic and it is managed there.

Like many things in life, this coin has two sides. On the one side you have an extremely powerful, flexible logging tool that is well supported by its author. With a little patience you can make this program do just about anything you want. And in the end, as has been the case with me on a few occasions, if you can't figure something out an e-mail to the author usually brings a pretty timely resolution. But on the other side of the coin you need to realize that this is one of those products where, sometimes, you really do have to be willing to read the documentation that comes with it (and there's plenty of that). In some ways its power (flexibility) is its weakness and if you are the sort of person who has no patience with learning about how to optimize this product for your needs then maybe it's not for you.

I do not operate on data modes (I do plenty enough of that at the office) so I have no feel, at all, for how Logic does with RTTY or PSK. Someone else will have to comment on that.

The only complaint I have about Logic is that I have never liked the way it handles QSL card label-printing. I get a lot of cards from the bureau and it can be quite burdensome to respond to them. Logic did not handle that task well. Eventually I decided that QSL card processing was an entire specialty of its own and I now use BV7 to do that. Nothing out there comes close to the power and flexibility of BV7 for QSL processing.

This is a great product, I has stood the test of time, and the author is very attentive to supporting the needs of his user base. I recommend it without hesitation.

K9IUQ Rating: 3/5 May 25, 2012 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Deja VU - Not Worth the $$  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a Logic logger user since the early 90's . I have upgraded thru several versions. However- -

A few months ago after years of waiting,Logic released Logic 9. I quickly downloaded the free Demo. And was shocked. It looked just like the Logic 8 version I already owned. Yes there were a few things added.Nothing earth shattering. Nothing to make me want to shell out $90 for an UPGRADE. Upgrade? Logic 9 should have been a free update and called Logic 8.5. Basically The same old Logic 8.

I said 73 to Logic and went with a different logger. RIP Logic it has been a long ride for me.