Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro Set 3 Stereo Headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro Set 3 Stereo Headphones
Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $$109
Description: stereo compact headphones
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro Set 3 Stereo Headphones.

N4MB Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2012 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Rugged Product - Sturdily Built!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Anyone who knows me knows that I've advocated the use of the Yamaha CM500 for years and have generally made fun of those who would spend more for a Heil product.
Wouldn't you know it, I won a Pro Set 3 at the SE Ohio DX Banquet at the Dayton Hamfest.
Once I got over the joy of winning SOMETHING I took this headset out of the box and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of construction. This headset reminds me of the heavy Bakelite-built headsets of the 1950's and 1960's, except that there are good, comfortable ear cushions. I wore it during Field Day 2012 and it was loud, reasonable passive noise canceling and help up after being thrown about the table top in a very humid environment. I just returned from a 2,000 mile road trip using this headset during stops and have learned to love it.
Thanks, Bob Heil, for finding a tough audio headset that is rugged enough for portable use. Now I need to choose whether to go to a Heil mic or keep using my CM500. Tough choice!
Seriously, if you want a light, tough headset, you can't go wrong with the ProSet 3.

KB3ZBE Rating: 2/5 May 25, 2012 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Dissappointed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the "latest, greatest" from Heil and I wanted a pair of quality headphones for SW. No microphone was needed so I thought these were for me.For $109 I expected better quality and with Heil's reputation I was dissappointed. The cushions are minimal, just barely covering the ear. With the strong spring on the headband this makes for an uncomfortable headphone. My ears were sore after one hour. Also, the cheap plastic cracked on one of the headphone mounts after just a few days of use. Send it back to the drawing board.