Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Green Heron RT-21 Help

Reviews Summary for Green Heron RT-21
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $550.00
Description: Antenna rotor controller

You can write your own review of the Green Heron RT-21.

NX1P Rating: 3/5 Jul 7, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Noise into the IF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a Green Heron controller to reduce the strain on my T2X and LPDA. It does this part well. However, I now have noise spikes in my IF path from my K3/LPan and NaP3 that are not there when I run my old Hygain controller/EZrotor. When I shut off the RT-21, the noise goes away. I suspect not enough shielding of the microcontroller.

HK2LS Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2013 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product with Excellent support.   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had a RT-21 now installed at HK2LS for 2 months. Initially I had some problems because my rotor wasnt installed correctly Im in Colombia and via email and remote software the problem was fixed immediately. At first the suspect was incorrect wiring but thanks to incredible technical support and a ohm meter I was able to verify that it was indeed installed correctly. Im on the 4th floor and a Mosley Pro 67B is on the roof of the 20th floor at 64 meters. Next time we do maintenance (2 weeks) we will adjust the Yaesu rotor so we can get the entire 450 degrees of rotation (from 180 around and past plus another 90 degrees). So in summary the product is heavy and built very well built to last and the support is excellent. Cheers from Colombia HK2LS

K3LR Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2012 21:05 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own 25 Green Heron RT-21s. Every rotor control box at K3LR is a RT-21. We have four different rotors and the RT-21 interfaces with ease to all of them. In six years of owning RT-21s I have had a few questions along the way. W2FU's customer support is the best! Always available to help. The bottom line is that the Green Heron RT-21 is worth the money.

AA4VX Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2012 18:59 Send this review to a friend
A well built controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
The real test of a product is not when it has a problem but how you are treated when it happens. The RT-21 controller had two protections diode short to ground from a lightning strike that happened next door. Jeff walked me though the tests and then gave me the part numbers and where I could order the in expenses parts to repair it myself. Cost of repair is less than the shipping charges to return for repairs. The controller is real built and been trouble-free up to this time. The controller can continue to be used until repair part comes. I have plans to buy a second one to use on my SteppIR DB36 on a M2 2800 rotor.

K0TVD Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2012 05:53 Send this review to a friend
Amazing!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After using this controller for about 9 months now, I must say that it continues to amaze me! I had a small problem when I hooked it up (NOT the fauly of the controller!) and a weekend call to Jeff helped solve my problem. I couldn't believe that he took the time on a weekend to help me out! What an great guy! Super company and SUPER controller. 100% satisfied.

KQ0C Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2012 07:50 Send this review to a friend
Saved Me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed a mountain top tower with a 375 foot run of cabling and an M2 rotor. The M2 controller couldn't handle the length of cable we used (it requires a shielded coax control cable which we hadn't known) and I couldn't replace the cable which had already been buried. The Green Herron controller works perfectly despite the long control lines and saved me from having to abandon my buried control lines. Plus with its superior "point and shoot" operation you can simply twist the dial to where you want to be headed and move back to operating without having to hold a rotation button. All in all a very cool product. And great support. It was shipped to me fully configured... all I needed to do was point my antenna to 0 degrees and then hook up the controller.

W7XU Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product & service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am now up to 5 RT-21 rotors in the shack. They work great and Jeff gives excellent support.

I really like being able to turn the knob to a selected heading, and have the rotor ramp up, rotate, and ramp down without further attention. And I can have stacked yagis turn together or separately when set up as master/slave.

Jeff has was very patient and helpful with a few questions (even some dumb ones) that I've had -- he provides superb customer support.

W5MC Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2012 20:00 Send this review to a friend
Absolutly the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Long over due to report this, but the RT-21 is just the BEST no discussion, and the very best part is JEFF, my gosh the man just is all about service and help..With no exception this is the best product and support of any ham related item i have ever bought or owned in my 53 licensed years, bar none... mac/mc w5mc