Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Green Heron RT-21 Help

Reviews Summary for Green Heron RT-21
Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $550.00
Description: Antenna rotor controller

You can write your own review of the Green Heron RT-21.

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2016 13:00 Send this review to a friend
The RT-21 is the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two of them. There is nothing this controller can't turn. It handles all of the requirements and features the various rotators require. You think of it, and I bet the RT-21 controller can do it. Limit travel, over travel, brake delay, reverse delay, and my absolute favorite option: ramp up and ramp down speed. You can start and stop a big HF yagi with no element "wagging". Customer service is the best, and owner, Jeff is back with reply to an email in usually minutes. It's a digital controller with an analog feel. Works for me!

N5WNG Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2016 09:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just paired the RT21 to a new PST 61D. Very well designed product. Operator induced, failure to read completely, resulted in an email to Jeff on the 4th of July weekend. Got an answer a few hours later. Wow, great service. BTW this controller has so far surpassed my expectations based on prior BigBoy control box experiences.

W3MR Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2016 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
GH has developed a superior product and stands by their products. I have two RT-21s and both work flawlessly. One operates a PST-61D rotor on a mountaintop in NY and the other controls a HAM-IV in MD. I accidentally mis-wired the HAM-IV after a shack renovation causing a transorb and fuse to blow. Jeff repaired under warranty. You can't ask any more of a manufacturer. GH certainly stands by their equipment.

K3SX Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2016 12:37 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an excellent product. High quality parts, IPC class workmanship and a complete instruction manual. I bought it used and had to reconfigure it. I was able to reconfigure the RT21 back to the HAMx model without incident or failure. I also appreciated Jeff's reassurance in the email as well as directions in the manual. The drawing of the PC board was especially helpful since not all of the connectors are easily read on the board especially for those of us who are not young anymore.
I am already looking for a 2nd one for my other tower.

KI4M Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a RT-21pp for a prop pitch project I have been working on. I have tried to utilize a M2 controller and it simply was not up to the task. I ordered the RT-21pp and could not be happier. Their customer service is wonderful and all questions were ordered promptly. My order arrived very well packaged. Instructions are very well written and thorough. Fit/finish/quality are evident. This controller should last a very very long time. If you are looking to purchase a very capable rotor controller that will amaze you at how it works this is the one for you. Purchase one today you will not regret it!

WA8MAX Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2015 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent. The Best .  Time owned: more than 12 months
This controller is the Best there is.
No Competition...It will do it all...
and some... Jeff is Top Notch..

WA8MAX ... Maxwell

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2015 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using a Green Heron RT-21 controller in my station for the past 5 years, along with an Orion 2800 Rotator. The pair controls and turns a very large array on top of a 72 foot tower. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the RT-21.

The instructions provided by Green Heron for the controller are adequate. I did not experience any problems setting up the controller to work with the 2800. I had a Prosistel rotor before, and setting it up with that rotor was fairly easy as well.

I use HRD 6.2 for logging and automated control. The RT-21 easily interfaced with HRD Rotator control. I noticed after a recent strong wind storm, my array had slipped a few degrees out of compass alignment. Using the adjustable settings in the controller, I was able to realign the physical position of my antenna array back into alignment, without resorting to any mechanical adjustment to the antenna system. That's a great feature to have that ability.

Overall, I have been extremely happy with the RT-21. It simply works very well. To be overly critical, there is only one thing that could be improved. The unit does produce a minor bit of noticeable hum, caused by transformer vibration from the built in power supply. The hum is only noticeable when the room is quiet. However, once the rigs and other devices in the shack are turned on, the bit of hum from the RT-21 is entirely muted by the other customary noises in the shack.

The RT-21 is a great product that I can highly recommend.

WD8NPL Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the RT-21pp for prop pitch rotors. Used with DX Lab software this is a hard unit to beat! It is light years ahead of the junk that M2 sells/sold as I have two of their controllers sitting in my barn. The GH unit does it all and the customer service from Jeff is hard to beat.

WB0O Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2015 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Controller, Even Better Customer Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Highly Recommend the Green Herron RT-21. I have the RT-21D paired with a Prosistel Rotator. Easy to setup and some great software is available from Green Herron, and it is easily compatible with HRD, PST-Rotator, etc. Over the years, I have learned that when it comes to Ham Radio, I value the customer support equally to the quality of the product, and Green Herron hits it out of the park there. Jeff is very helpful and willing to talk to you at your level of expertise (or lack of) to ensure that you have a good experience with your controller. Had a lighting strike at my shack - Green Herron I felt was the most fair with the repair cost, and was the first piece of equipment back in my shack. I can't imagine buying anything else.

W4PGM Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 20:17 Send this review to a friend
I'll second the previous reveiw - Froget the others  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried add on cards, ebay boxes and other digital rotor boxes and nothing compares. I bought mine used and Jeff answered a couple of questions and I was up and running. This is a well constructed device that plays well with Windows.