Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Green Heron RT-21 Help

Reviews Summary for Green Heron RT-21
Green Heron  RT-21 Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $569
Description: Antenna rotor controller
More info: http://www.greenheronengineering.com/

You can write your own review of the Green Heron RT-21.

N7LVS Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2017 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Will never buy anything but Green Heron  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Originally bought a Yeasu G 1000DXA to power my new DX Engineering Skyhawk Tri-Band Yagi. Bench tested out just fine and calibrated. Got it mounted on the tower with the Yagi and tested at tower without issue. Ran 500 ft of cable back to the house and controller would not rotate. Called Yeasu and all they said was that it would not work that far due to the connection pin size. I called Jeff at Green Heron and he spent a lot of time explaining the operation of the Yeasu and that it should be working. After testing the cables I found that I had connected to the wrong cable. I originally ran two and had them located in the Shack in a particular location so I would know which was which. The wife apparently dusted and moved the cables. Long story short Jeff took the time to explain how the rotator and controllers worked so I was able to find my stupid error and got the Yeasu working properly . As
soon as I had it working I called Jeff back and ordered an RT-21 which works beautifully. The RT-21 is nice looking, built like a tank and can be setup through software. He even has a wireless option with its own web server for easy setup wirelessly. I will probably order a second one for my hexbeam which is also driven by a Yeasu. A Yeasu setting on top of an RT-21 just doesn't look right, they shouldn't be in the same room.

W1AST Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2017 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Controller!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
While shopping at Dayton in 2016, I thought I was going to buy the Yaesu 1000 rotor and controller. But Ken at JK Antennas; whom I had just bought a Navassa-5 antenna from suggested the Green Heron and boy am I glad he did.

I bundled the 1000 series Yaesu rotator with the Green heron RT-21 controller and got a 2 year warranty on both from Green Heron.

For the first few months that I used it, I used the knob to aim the beam where I wanted it pointed. Just dial up where you want it to go and it ramps up to where you want it pointed. No worrying about releasing the brake, etc. It does it all by itself automatically and shows you the degrees on the dial. I can then nudge it a few degrees with the CCW and CW buttons. Or cancel where it is going.

Then I attached the USB cable and now control it for Short Path or Long Path from the DX View module in the DX Labs logging program I use. I am definitely spoiled and can point the antenna exactly where I want it as DX View is calibrated to where I am located and knows where to rotate it to.

So, if I click a spot in the spot collector, the rig goes there and the spot info shows up in DX View. I then click the SP button and the antenna rotates to that selection.

I've also gone away and done this remotely while running JT65 and DX Labs from my tablet while at a hotel hundreds of miles away. Lots of fun!

I think the Green Heron RT-21 is a very worthwhile investment and upgrade from the standard Yaesu controller. You won't regret the decision and you'll love it!

WX2CX Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2017 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: months
Love it! I replašed my Yaesu G-1000DXA control box for the RT-21. Very simple to set up, a joy to operate. The customer support service is outstanding, answered all my questions over the fone and e mail.

PA1T Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2016 02:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several of these boxes and I love them.
They do wat you want. Turn your yagi without problems. I have them for quite a few years and use them with several types of rotators.
Highly recommended.

VA2SS Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2016 16:58 Send this review to a friend
RT-21A Deluxe Edition with WiFi interface  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this controller at the Dayton Hamvention 2016. I decided to buy the deluxe version that include a nice fluorescent display style. I also bought the WiFi interface board.

1- The technical support is totally awsome... they even modified their firmware to address a special request I made to them.

2- The Wifi interface is great.... I using it from a web browser windows.... looks like if it is an application, even from a web browser! The support and the use of the controller from a web window is really well designed.

3- The quality is totally awsome... great features to customize the use of the rotor motor. They used a standard and well supported USB chipset. Easily installed on a Windows PC and even on a Macbook Pro using MacOS.

I highly recommend this product if you want a controller well designed with great technical support.

de Jeff | VA2SS

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2016 13:00 Send this review to a friend
The RT-21 is the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two of them. There is nothing this controller can't turn. It handles all of the requirements and features the various rotators require. You think of it, and I bet the RT-21 controller can do it. Limit travel, over travel, brake delay, reverse delay, and my absolute favorite option: ramp up and ramp down speed. You can start and stop a big HF yagi with no element "wagging". Customer service is the best, and owner, Jeff is back with reply to an email in usually minutes. It's a digital controller with an analog feel. Works for me!

N5WNG Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2016 09:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just paired the RT21 to a new PST 61D. Very well designed product. Operator induced, failure to read completely, resulted in an email to Jeff on the 4th of July weekend. Got an answer a few hours later. Wow, great service. BTW this controller has so far surpassed my expectations based on prior BigBoy control box experiences.

W3MR Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2016 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
GH has developed a superior product and stands by their products. I have two RT-21s and both work flawlessly. One operates a PST-61D rotor on a mountaintop in NY and the other controls a HAM-IV in MD. I accidentally mis-wired the HAM-IV after a shack renovation causing a transorb and fuse to blow. Jeff repaired under warranty. You can't ask any more of a manufacturer. GH certainly stands by their equipment.

K3SX Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2016 12:37 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an excellent product. High quality parts, IPC class workmanship and a complete instruction manual. I bought it used and had to reconfigure it. I was able to reconfigure the RT21 back to the HAMx model without incident or failure. I also appreciated Jeff's reassurance in the email as well as directions in the manual. The drawing of the PC board was especially helpful since not all of the connectors are easily read on the board especially for those of us who are not young anymore.
I am already looking for a 2nd one for my other tower.

KI4M Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a RT-21pp for a prop pitch project I have been working on. I have tried to utilize a M2 controller and it simply was not up to the task. I ordered the RT-21pp and could not be happier. Their customer service is wonderful and all questions were ordered promptly. My order arrived very well packaged. Instructions are very well written and thorough. Fit/finish/quality are evident. This controller should last a very very long time. If you are looking to purchase a very capable rotor controller that will amaze you at how it works this is the one for you. Purchase one today you will not regret it!