Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Green Heron RT-21 Help

Reviews Summary for Green Heron RT-21
Green Heron  RT-21 Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $569
Description: Antenna rotor controller
More info: http://www.greenheronengineering.com/

You can write your own review of the Green Heron RT-21.

WA8MAX Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2015 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent. The Best .  Time owned: more than 12 months
This controller is the Best there is.
No Competition...It will do it all...
and some... Jeff is Top Notch..

WA8MAX ... Maxwell

AB4D Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2015 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using a Green Heron RT-21 controller in my station for the past 5 years, along with an Orion 2800 Rotator. The pair controls and turns a very large array on top of a 72 foot tower. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with the RT-21.

The instructions provided by Green Heron for the controller are adequate. I did not experience any problems setting up the controller to work with the 2800. I had a Prosistel rotor before, and setting it up with that rotor was fairly easy as well.

I use HRD 6.2 for logging and automated control. The RT-21 easily interfaced with HRD Rotator control. I noticed after a recent strong wind storm, my array had slipped a few degrees out of compass alignment. Using the adjustable settings in the controller, I was able to realign the physical position of my antenna array back into alignment, without resorting to any mechanical adjustment to the antenna system. That's a great feature to have that ability.

Overall, I have been extremely happy with the RT-21. It simply works very well. To be overly critical, there is only one thing that could be improved. The unit does produce a minor bit of noticeable hum, caused by transformer vibration from the built in power supply. The hum is only noticeable when the room is quiet. However, once the rigs and other devices in the shack are turned on, the bit of hum from the RT-21 is entirely muted by the other customary noises in the shack.

The RT-21 is a great product that I can highly recommend.

WD8NPL Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the RT-21pp for prop pitch rotors. Used with DX Lab software this is a hard unit to beat! It is light years ahead of the junk that M2 sells/sold as I have two of their controllers sitting in my barn. The GH unit does it all and the customer service from Jeff is hard to beat.

WB0O Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2015 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Controller, Even Better Customer Support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Highly Recommend the Green Herron RT-21. I have the RT-21D paired with a Prosistel Rotator. Easy to setup and some great software is available from Green Herron, and it is easily compatible with HRD, PST-Rotator, etc. Over the years, I have learned that when it comes to Ham Radio, I value the customer support equally to the quality of the product, and Green Herron hits it out of the park there. Jeff is very helpful and willing to talk to you at your level of expertise (or lack of) to ensure that you have a good experience with your controller. Had a lighting strike at my shack - Green Herron I felt was the most fair with the repair cost, and was the first piece of equipment back in my shack. I can't imagine buying anything else.

W4PGM Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2015 20:17 Send this review to a friend
I'll second the previous reveiw - Froget the others  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have tried add on cards, ebay boxes and other digital rotor boxes and nothing compares. I bought mine used and Jeff answered a couple of questions and I was up and running. This is a well constructed device that plays well with Windows.

K3PA Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2015 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Forget the others  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the controller to own. It works flawlessly with every rotator imaginable, and support is second to none. There is a reason you see a few in the background of every contest station picture. Do yourself a favor and buy one.

W8CAR Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 08:31 Send this review to a friend
fantastic product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought this to go with Orion 2800 rotator. Easy setup and configuration. I have used this unit at a contest station for several years so it was an easy choice to purchase. Has worked flawlessly so far and I expect it do so a long time. Highly recommend!

W3EA Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2015 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought two RT21's they were factory set for different rotators then my use ( I bought them from the original owner) I email Jeff and in a few hours received a response There was much pilot error on my part but Jeff was calm and in a few clarification on my part.. There are now working 100% and the service are One bazillion Percent...

NX1P Rating: 3/5 Jul 7, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Noise into the IF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a Green Heron controller to reduce the strain on my T2X and LPDA. It does this part well. However, I now have noise spikes in my IF path from my K3/LPan and NaP3 that are not there when I run my old Hygain controller/EZrotor. When I shut off the RT-21, the noise goes away. I suspect not enough shielding of the microcontroller.

HK2LS Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2013 07:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product with Excellent support.   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had a RT-21 now installed at HK2LS for 2 months. Initially I had some problems because my rotor wasnt installed correctly Im in Colombia and via email and remote software the problem was fixed immediately. At first the suspect was incorrect wiring but thanks to incredible technical support and a ohm meter I was able to verify that it was indeed installed correctly. Im on the 4th floor and a Mosley Pro 67B is on the roof of the 20th floor at 64 meters. Next time we do maintenance (2 weeks) we will adjust the Yaesu rotor so we can get the entire 450 degrees of rotation (from 180 around and past plus another 90 degrees). So in summary the product is heavy and built very well built to last and the support is excellent. Cheers from Colombia HK2LS