Reviews Categories | Lightning & Surge Protection/Supression | Array Solutions AS-300 Series Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions AS-300 Series
Array Solutions AS-300 Series Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $58.00
Description: Array Solutions have improved on the ICE 300 Series
Lightning Arrestors. These devices protect from sand, rain,
snow static buildup on antennas and feedlines. They also
protect from nearby and overhead lightning strikes. Rated at
3KW continuous at 2:1 SWR, or 5KW at 1.2:1 SWR. Insertion
loss 0.02 db or less.
More info: http://arraysolutions.com/Products/surge_arrestorAS-3xx.htm

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions AS-300 Series.

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2016 02:11 Send this review to a friend
Just fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live in Central Florida and thought it might be a good idea to toughen up my lightning protection. I did a lot of research, the best way to do it was to bond all your equipment

For my UHF VHF I ordered a polyphaser arrester and for my HF I ordered an Array solutions arrester. When I got them both, like a typical ham radio operator, I decided to open them up. To my surprise the polyphaser was made in China, it looked pretty well-built, you can't judge a book by its cover.

The Array solutions was very well built, and built in America at Array solutions. In the instructions they included a wiring diagram. I've had this now for about six years and have had many, many lightning strikes in and around my backyard. Behind me I have tall trees a stream and cow pastures. Although, through Godís blessing, I have not had a direct strike, I have had strikes release a lot of static electricity and were bleed off right to ground through the Array solutions lightning arrester.

My antennas are all long, random, wires because I live in an HOA community. One of the wires is about 160 feet. What I like about this lightning arrester is it is built tough, well thought out, comes with a wiring diagram, excellent customer service which I have called about how well they were built,(I told them I was impressed) made by them with genuine American parts.

There is no arrester out there that will protect your equipment from a direct strike but there is a lot of static buildup, this not only his caused by lightning, but especially on my long wire antennas windy days build up static and up north not only the wind, you have rain, blizzard snowy conditions things like this build up a lot of static on a long wire antenna, Google it and youíll find out how much.

The Array solutions is very well built, and of course, made in America.
You wonít be sorry if you purchase it, the customer service is second to none, the only other place I can say in ham radio where the customer service is second to none with their equipment is Elecraft.
Every one of my antennas uses Array solutions lightning arrestors, my equipment is well protected.

K3OQF Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2012 15:39 Send this review to a friend
I employ AS-303 lighting protection   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I live on a mountain where there are many thunderstorms and lighting strikes to my 70 ft tower or to my many Beverage Antennas. I used other commercial brand arrestors which became problematic, each time I was hit with a lighting strike the arrestors had to be replaced. The rate destruction causd by lighting was killing my radio amateur budget. The solution to the problem was purchasing Array Solutions AS-303 Surge Arrestor which solved the problem. I cannot say enough about this little unit, it does a great job.

K4FX Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2012 00:16 Send this review to a friend
Love it so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had this unit for a few weeks, but it seems to be working as designed. On 160 the rig on this unit enjoys a noticeably lower noise level than the radio on the "brand X" suppressor. It does seem to bleed off the static via the inductor as the ads claim it to do. As far as power handling, I regularly run an 8877 at legal limit in mostly contest mode, it has never missed a beat. 58 dollars for Array Solutions quality, this is a bargain.
You will not be disappointed with this one.