Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | MacLogger DX HD Help

Reviews Summary for MacLogger DX HD
MacLogger DX HD Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $$39.99
Description: Take MacLoggerDX Mobile!

MacLoggerDX HD is an Amateur Radio application that monitors the spots from your favourite DX Cluster for DXing, Contesting or casual rag-chewing. It Alerts you to rare contacts or band openings by looking up and displaying real time propagation paths on a zoomable map. MacLoggerDX HD can log your contacts to a super fast sql database. MacLoggerDX HD includes ADIF import, export and Log syncing with MacLoggerDX desktop!

This app is for your iPad.
More info: http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX_HD.html

You can write your own review of the MacLogger DX HD.

KD8MRU Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2016 05:26 Send this review to a friend
Solid performer for a premium app  Time owned: more than 12 months
Start off, I use Macs, Win & Linux. I've tried most of the iPad & Android loggers, free & paid.

As of this moment (Nov-2016) MacLoggerDX HD is the best one for me & my operating style. I do a little of all modes, favor digital, have 2 main rigs, KX3 & Ft-897D with MicroHam USB III (3).

Well worth the onetime $29 cost. (Professional Commercial Development does cost you know)

MacLoggerDX HD really shines when using it MacLoggerDX running on a Mac with station control, as it should.

However, I really use it for a standalone logger while I operated PSK & JT65 from my Win7 machine.

Yet it does have a few little things that would be nice to see revised for such a premium logger.

1) Easier setup for defaults, or legacy qso fields... I want to setup power/mode & keep it that way. Maybe I'm operating wrong, however it shouldn't require me to really try.
2) if it could directly upload to eqsl & LoTW. It should do this if it has credentials & net access
3) set & forget, direct integration with iCloud Drive & Dropbox for adi xfers vs manual export & uploads
4) auto backups log to iCloud and/or Dropbox if enabled.

I really like DogPark Software's iPad offering, a solid logger, just iPad integration could be expanded a little, and it could easily be a 5.

GM0PHW Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2013 12:39 Send this review to a friend
MacLoggerDXHD for iOS7  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Just downloaded the new version of MacLoggerDXHD iOS7 for the iPad and was very disappointed with some of the changes made i.e. the page colour and the change to the slider buttons "Auto Connect" plus all the others make it look very basic.
The logging program is one of the best I have seen but the visual changes that have been made is a step backwards.
I wish I had kept the version for iOS6

N2LJ Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2012 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to MacLoggerDX  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
With MacLoggerDX HD for your iPad, you can take a copy of your log on the road with you, or monitor the DX spots from your patio. You can even connect with MacLogger DX on your Mac and control your rig wirelessly.

Installation is as easy as ever from the iTunes App Store right onto your iPad. Getting your log there is a little bit of work, but nothing too hard. You just make a copy of your log with "HD" appended to the name, and, with your iPad connected to iTunes on your Mac, you drag and drop the copy into the appropriate place in iTunes, and away you go!

I love being able to watch the spots from my kitchen table & heading to the shack when I see a good one come up!